SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

It's All Fun & Games > QUIZZES: What Type of Reader Are You?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29459 comments Found a couple WHAT TYPE OF READER ARE YOU? quizzes
Share your results :)

(1) Bookstr's "What Type of Reader Are You?" quiz
(2) BookBrowse's "What's Your Reading Personality?" quiz

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29459 comments My Results

(1) Bookstr's quiz
You Got: The Devoted Reader
You are devoted to reading. Everywhere and anywhere. You have your favorites too- when an author you love comes out with a new book, you’re the first in line. You review books, try to form book clubs, talk about books constantly, know details about books and authors that no one else knows: You’re straight up a devoted reader. Movie adaptations will NEVER do a book justice, and if someone speaks ill of your favorite author/book, have mercy on them!
stayallday

(2) BookBrowse's quiz
The All-Rounder
Your responses showed you fitting equally into all four reading personalities:

Involved Reader: You don't just love to read books, you love to read about books. For you, half the fun of reading is the thrill of the chase - discovering new books and authors, and discussing your finds with others.
Exacting Reader: You love books but you rarely have as much time to read as you'd like - so you're very particular about the books you choose.
Serial Reader: Once you discover a favorite writer you tend to stick with him/her through thick and thin.
Eclectic Reader: You read for entertainment but also to expand your mind. You're open to new ideas and new writers, and are not wedded to a particular genre or limited range of authors.

I think those are both accurate - for the most part. There are some slight "that may not exactly fit me" bits, but overall, yep! :D

How about you?

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Oh I loved the idea of these! Thanks for posting the links. :-)

Bookstar
You Got: The Open-Minded Reader
You know what you like, but you’re more than willing to try out something different. Whether it’s a new author, a genre you usually don’t like, a wildly unpopular book, or something else off-putting, you’ll read it. Why? Because you’re agreeable- that, and you straight up love to read. Who cares if the book isn’t great; at least you’re reading! You’re probably the person who watches a movie adaptation and says, “It wasn’t a bad movie, it just wasn’t as good as the book.” Stay open-minded, it’s the only way to truly discover new books!

Somewhat right, and I am trying to branch out more this year. I'm not necessarily agreeable though and think that "Who cares if the book isn’t great; at least you’re reading!" sounds quite fickle, even though it does describe my habits! Sometimes I just need to finish a book I'm not enjoying that much for the curiosity factor and also unless it's actually bad enough to render it unreadable I need to know if it gets any better!

BookBrowse
The Eclectic Reader
You read for entertainment but also to expand your mind. You're open to new ideas and new writers, and are not wedded to a particular genre or limited range of authors.

Again somewhat true. My genres are mostly romance incl PNR and UF but these cover so many different areas and lots of new authors all the time. And I do enjoy contemporary stuff that is based on social and personal issues and favor flawed characters of all types.

message 4: by Nerdy Werewolf (last edited Apr 30, 2018 06:30AM) (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (halogen) | 217 comments Oh, wow. We're twinsies, Kitty...

BOOKSTR:
Quiz: What Type of Reader Are Your?
You Got: The Open-Minded Reader

You know what you like, but you’re more than willing to try out something different. Whether it’s a new author, a genre you usually don’t like, a wildly unpopular book, or something else off-putting, you’ll read it. Why? Because you’re agreeable- that, and you straight up love to read. Who cares if the book isn’t great; at least you’re reading! You’re probably the person who watches a movie adaptation and says, “It wasn’t a bad movie, it just wasn’t as good as the book.” Stay open-minded, it’s the only way to truly discover new books!

I feel like this describes me quite well. I try to at least give everything a chance and I'm forgiving where some people can be overly harsh. If I don't like something, I feel like it's an epic fail.

BOOKBROWSE:
Your Reading Personality:
The Serial Eclectic Reader!

Your responses show that you are both a serial reader and an eclectic reader, which indicates that you both read widely and frequently.

As a serial reader you're loyal to your favorite authors, but as an eclectic reader you're also open to new ideas and new writers, and are not wedded to a particular genre. That you manage to both keep up with your favorite authors and explore new writers indicates that you are likely to be what the research companies like to term a "heavy reader" - and a BookBrowse membership might be just what you've been looking for!

When I'm not in a slump, I agree with this. I'm heavy into UF even though the world keeps saying the genre is dead, but I love some classics, victorian-era romance and mystery, a bit of horror, character-driven sci-fi, some steamy PNR and epic fantasy, too. I'm also not afraid to read children's books. ::grins::

This was fun!

message 5: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 24159 comments LOL

(1) Bookstr's
The Devoted Reader
You are devoted to reading. Everywhere and anywhere. You have your favorites too- when an author you love comes out with a new book, you’re the first in line. You review books, try to form book clubs, talk about books constantly, know details about books and authors that no one else knows: You’re straight up a devoted reader. Movie adaptations will NEVER do a book justice, and if someone speaks ill of your favorite author/book, have mercy on them!

(2) BookBrowse's
The Serial Reader

You may read a lot or a little, but either way you're a publisher's dream, because once you discover a favorite writer you stick with him/her through thick and thin and eagerly await the next in the series; but even you need to discover some new blood from time to time!

message 6: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 911 comments My results:

Bookstr

You Got: Purist

You’re all about reading good ol’ paper books. The older the better, and they′ve got to have that old book smell! Sure you’ll reach for a new book every now and then, but with so many classics out there, why waste your time on ‘new’ literature? You’ll read at anytime, anywhere. The only thing that gets in your way is work. Oh well- gotta get paid so you can buy books! And forget about watching a movie adaptation bleh- if the movie isn’t anything like the book, why waste your time in the theater?

😂😂 I don't read a paper book since almost two years ago

Bookbrowse

The Eclectic Reader

You read for entertainment but also to expand your mind. You're open to new ideas and new writers, and are not wedded to a particular genre or limited range of authors.

Not a good shot for far

message 7: by Martha (last edited Apr 30, 2018 10:06AM) (new)

Martha (mkoopman27) | 346 comments I am a devoted and eclectic reader. Devoted fits but I’m not sure about eclectic—I actually tend to stick to my favorite genres.

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Hey hey

Interesting results for all so far!

Holly, I always wanted a twin!!! I will admit that I'm also quite forgiving of my reading material, but when I dislike a book... I REALLY dislike a book!

message 9: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29459 comments Love seeing everyone's results! Sounds like some a spot on while others are hit and miss.

message 10: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 24159 comments Yep, I agree with mine mostly, but looking at my books, I go in waves, so not sure that Serial alone is quite right for me.

But the questions, as always, just weren't quite right. Having done how to write questions for questionnaires at a tertiary level I know how complicated that is, and this is just for fun, so I gave them a reluctant pass. LOL.

message 11: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29459 comments LOL! ;)

message 12: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (halogen) | 217 comments Herekittykitty wrote: "Hey hey

Interesting results for all so far!

Holly, I always wanted a twin!!! I will admit that I'm also quite forgiving of my reading material, but when I dislike a book... I REALLY dislike a book!"

Completely agreed. I can forgive almost anything, but once I decide I don't like it, the claws come out. LOL.

message 13: by Freida (new)

Freida Cameron | 10 comments Bookbrowser: The Exacting Serial Reader

Your responses showed you fitting into two different groups - the exacting reader and the serial reader.

The expression 'so many books, so little time!' sums up your life. You love books but you rarely have as much time to read as you'd like - so you're very particular about the books you choose.

In fact, you're a publisher's dream, because once you discover a favorite writer you tend to stick with him/her through thick and thin and eagerly await the next in the series; but even you need to discover some new blood from time to time!

Bookstr
The Devoted Reader

message 14: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 24159 comments Now they sound right to me Freida :D

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) You Got: The Devoted Reader

The All-Rounder

Your responses showed you fitting into three different personalities:

Exacting Reader: You love books but you rarely have as much time to read as you'd like - so you're very particular about the books you choose.
Serial Reader: Once you discover a favorite writer you tend to stick with him/her through thick and thin and eagerly await the next in the series.
Eclectic Reader: You read for entertainment but also to expand your mind. You're open to new ideas and new writers, and are not wedded to a particular genre or limited range of authors.

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) What Type of Reader are You?
Apparently I'm a Purist - and that's way off the mark for the answer when I read the description!

What's Your Reading Personality?
The Eclectic Reader - I agree with that!