Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Hour 21 ~ Still Mixing it Up ~ Mashup Passage!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) Welcome to Hours 20 & 21!

Congrats if you are still with us at these hours! We're Angie & Karsyn and we'll be with you for these two hours. We're going to mix things up a little bit, we hope that you won't mind! Here's what we're asking of you these hours:

Hour 21: Read-a-Thon Theme
1 ~ Tell us the Title of the Book you are currently reading
2 ~ Post the last full sentence on page 42 / @ 42% of your current Book *
3 ~ Answer the question asked by the previous poster
4 ~ You ask a Read-a-Thon** question for the next poster

* Come back at the end of the 2 hours for a fun little surprise.

** Make sure you don't ask a question that has been asked already today. You can see what most questions are about by clicking Hourly Questions Thread. If you can't think of anything to ask, here are some suggestions:

(view spoiler)

You only have to post a sentence once, but may answer and ask multiple questions.

message 2: by Loreen ☕️ (new)

Loreen ☕️ | 14 comments 1. I'm reading The Burning Page
2. "And I don't know if you've considered it, but Zayanna might be useful for information about another thing, too."
3. I'm first so.......
4. Do you stay awake the entire 24 hours?

message 3: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks 1. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
2. "Enne cringed each time the singer crused"
3. What is your favorite reading weather? I prefer it to by cold and rainy. That way I can cuddle up with a blanket, a hot drink, and a good book.

message 4: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) 1. Nil Remembered
2. "I know it sounds crazy."
3. I'll take the two for one, since y'all posted around the same time. :)

Yup, I've been up the whole time. This is my 9th Dewey's and I've gone the full 24 hours each time. It's something I can and enjoy doing. :)

About this weather for me, chilly but clear. Been 66ish in my house all day (where we like it) so I've had my blanket on and be snuggled in, just the way I like it. :D

4. What do your friends and/or family think about your read-a-thoning?

message 5: by Mel (new)

Mel | 25 comments 1. Still reading Illuminae by Amie Kaufmann and Jay Kristoff
2. "That's what I do"
3.1. No, I did sleep seven hours tonight but now I'm up again reading with fresh eyes :D
3.2. YES cold and rainy ist the best! I got really excited yesterday evening when it startedt raining! <3
4. How many times did you attend a readathon before today?

message 6: by Mel (new)

Mel | 25 comments Karsyn wrote: "1. Nil Remembered
2. "I know it sounds crazy."
3. I'll take the two for one, since y'all posted around the same time. :)

Yup, I've been up the whole time. This is my 9th Dewey's an..."

4. Honestly, I kind of told nobody really :D It was a very spontaneous idea... but I'll try to get some of them to read with us in october; at least one of my friends would be very interested, I imagine

message 7: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) | 21 comments 1. I'm reading An Abundance Of Kathrines by John Green.
2. "Krazy Keith had a daughter, Katherine, who was Colin's year in school but eight months older in actual life."
3. This is my ninth time doing Dewey's
4. What is your favorite book with a red cover?

message 8: by Angie ☯ (last edited Apr 29, 2018 01:57AM) (new)

Angie ☯ | 136 comments 1. The Devil in Disguise
2. She didn't speak again.
3. Only red cover that I can think of at the moment ~ The Great Zoo of China
4. What was the last book you read where you thought the character was like you or had similar traits as you?

message 9: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla | 317 comments 1 I'm listening to The Diary of a Bookseller by Shaun Bythell
2 Spoilers (I'm on 25% now )) )
As with many bookdeals, it is hard to resist deeping into some of the titles as you price them up.
3 Город by Clifford D. Simak
4 Who is the last new to you author you've enjoyed?

message 10: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) Thank you all for joining us these two hours. We hope that you had fun!! :)

We leave you with this Wacky Mash-Up Passage from the sentence everyone in the past two hours posted. We hope you get a laugh outta what our books combined have brought to us.

Thanks again for joining!

Heimdall Waypoint:

I don't know if you've considered it, but why would someone be in the amusement park at this hour... or at all?

Knowing each of you as I do, it is hard to resist many book deals. I have no doubt you will rise to the challenge. Good or bad, Dancelot's efforts belonged to the reading public, was it possible he knew something about the weird Iris-message I'd got? These civilians before us might be useful for information about another thing, too.

Krazy Keith and Zayanna had a daughter, Katherine, who was Colin's year in school but eight months older in actual life.

Louise, she's kinda thick, washes the curtains yellowed by tobacco and dust. "You just want me," he shrugged, "most women do, so don't beat yourself up over that."

Enne cringed each time the singer cursed "Jag går fram för att hjälpa henne, men hon slår bort min hand." She didn't speak again.

I know it sounds crazy.

That's what I do.

message 11: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) | 21 comments Ahaha, that was fun!

message 12: by Mel (new)

Mel | 25 comments Yes thats really cool :D

message 13: by Newly (new)

Newly Wardell | 145 comments Karsyn wrote: "Thank you all for joining us these two hours. We hope that you had fun!! :)

We leave you with this Wacky Mash-Up Passage from the sentence everyone in the past two hours posted. We hope you get a ..."

THis IS truly great fun! You guys deserve the highest of fives!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.