Start by marking “The Devil in Disguise (Bad Things, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Devil in Disguise (Bad Things, #1)

The Devil in Disguise

(Bad Things #1)

Don’t make the devil angry…

Luke Thorne loves having one hell of a good time. As the ruler of every dark creature to walk the earth, he certainly has more than a bit of a bad side. He lives for danger and isn’t the type to lose his heart—mostly because he doesn’t have one. Then she walks into his life.

Mina James is seduction in the flesh, a perfect temptation that the dev
Published June 28th 2016 by Cynthia Eden

To ask other readers questions about The Devil in Disguise, please sign up.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

WOW WOW, WOW...this was an AMAZING read.

description

Luke Thorne was one hell of a sexy mofo. This book seriously had it all. It started out running and just never stopped. The plot was awesome. The side characters interesting (and I can't wait for their books). The hero and heroine were likable and well written. The sexual chemistry OFF THE CHARTS.

description

Action, love, twists, and turns. Great potential for future storylines. One of the best paranormal books
DW
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bad-things
The Devil in Disguise was freaking fantastic. I loved every single word!!!
 photo 9F81A035-ED26-4CE7-9E47-8DCE989F53DA_zpsqfepxvzw.gif

Luke Thorne has just been promoted to my number one. That sexy devil got to me!!
 photo 99E81A46-4BE9-4875-ACA1-3E830A377425_zpshjeu08hu.jpg

As for Mina.. She was badass with a softer side. She was perfect for Luke.

It was a battle between light and dark. I felt that I really needed to choose a side, so... I chose dark!!
 photo 8D4648B8-2C48-431A-BB29-ABBB82450B85_zpswrutbliz.gif

This is a great beginning to a new series.

I can't wait for Julian and Rose.

Okay.. One more because David Gandy!!!
 photo FB24C617-E91D-4B88-B0A7-5CD0CCEE8C01_zpsihzk5isc.gif
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
4.5 Stars

What did I think of this book?

I fucking loved it.

If you like your men slightly angry, demanding, possessive, powerful and for them to growl 'mine' - then this is the book for you!

If you like a heroine who isn't a weak arse whiny bitch, who can kick butt, who doesn't bend over and grab her ankles for every man she sees - then this is the book for you!

If you like a story that's filled with action and intrigue, that has side characters you want to know more about, with just the right amo
Jennifer Kyle
Claire Robinson
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Even in the dark, a little light can shine..." Stars!

Cynthia Eden certainly knows how to start off a new series with a bang, and I have to admit that after reading The Devil in Disguise looks set to be another absolute winner for me.

Packed with action, plot twists and a great new cast of paranormal characters, the author delivered everything that I expect and more from one of her books.

"You are not nearly as big and bad as people say…"
"Oh, I am. Never doubt that."

Luke Thorne lives a very c
Celestine
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal, lendable
Let's talk about expectations for a moment. In the blurb to this book I am told there are "Bad Things in the world" and then I am asked if I am ready for them? Well, yes, dear author, I was. Too bad you didn't deliver.

Lured again by overall ratings (4.6 on Amazon and 4.07 on goodreads), plus a steal of a deal at 99 cents for a multi-house author who has been a finalist for Romance Writers of America awards three times, I started this book believing I would be wowed. Well, it was fine. Perfectly
CC

description

Lucien “Luke” Thorne is Lord of the Dark destined to rule over the paranormals cast away from the light. Luke is content in his dominion until he meets a woman who calls to him in ways he hasn’t experienced in years, but her presence could unbalance Luke’s world.

Mina James is a feisty woman who believes her destiny is saddled in darkness but she isn’t about to accept such fate and decides to take matters in her own hands. Mina believes Luke is the answer to her situation but she learns
Marta Cox
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
This is from one of those authors who just never seems to disappoint . Her paranormal stories always whisk me away and I do find it hard to put them down and now here's another series to get my teeth ( perhaps even fangs?) well and truly into!
From the start we meet the somewhat jaded Luke and the author pulls no punches but quickly lets the reader know that he is the big bad that haunts the night. Ok now we have that out of the way what else is left to creep out the reader? Well there's the myst
Barbara➰
Why do we love the devil? Why do we love bad boys who do bad things?

This book was freaking awesome! It was one of the best PNR books I've read in a long, long time. I loved every minute of it from the interesting characters, to the suspense, and definitely the romance. Everything about this book worked for me.

I loved Mina and how she was a good person but also ready to defend those she loved. And Luke....what can I say about Luke. He is super hot and I loved seeing him fall in love.

I loved, lov
Bindi Boo
4 stars

My first book by Cynthia Eden and i'll be watching her very closely. This was a dark twist to an otherwise very famous 'fairytale'.

Lucien Thorne is everything you'd want in a Dark Lord- arrogant, hot and badass. Throw is some action, suspense and hot, hot sex scenes and this quickly became an un-put-down-able book :) Mina was sweet as she was sassy. There was insta- lust (although a peeve for me, this time it worked wonderfully) and i loved the intense chemistry the characters had.

I had a
Carvanz
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am not a big fan of shifter/paranormal stories but I am a huge fan of great books and this book put me over the top! Some of my Goodreads friends had given this book great reviews but I was so reluctant, and it wasn’t on sale, so I dawdled and went on to read several mediocre books. When I saw Devil in Disguise on sale I one clicked and thought I’d read it at a time when I would be busy and I’d inevitably be putting it down…because I didn’t expect to really like it much. I was so wrong! Once s ...more
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, paranormal
3.5 Stars

This book is the perfect mix of fantasy and paranormal. I really enjoyed it from beginning to end.

”Are you the devil?”
“Only if hell’s on earth.”

My Luke:

Are you tempted? Lol. I didn’t mean for this pic to be so…revealing…but his…face…was just perfect to me. LMAO!

,.:

Luke is the devil, the darkness. He encounters Mina when she tries to manipulate him and seeks him out in a time of weakness. After he discovers her true motive, he is still determined to keep her. I loved that Luke’s character
Mindy Lou's Book Review
According to the prophecy, twin brothers are born. One to light, one to dark. The brother of light will rule over the innocent. The brother of dark will rule over the monsters of the world. In this prophecy, the brothers will battle against each other and only one will remain standing.

Mina James is searching for Luke, the dark brother. He has something she needs and even the brother of dark can't resist her charms. Luke is indeed charmed by Mina, more than he understands and it has nothing to d
Jo
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars, gr2016
“Maybe I’m bad so I can do good things to you.”

Luke Thorne is the Lord of the Dark, the ruler of all dark creatures. And he lives for doing very bad things. But lately his life has become predictable, boring. Until Mina walks into his life.

Mina James is on the run. She needs something from Luke that will save her from her enemies. But Luke isn’t what she expected from someone who is supposed to be evil.

Nothing is what it appears to be, and the attraction between them make it impossible f

Sh3lly (grumpybookgrrrl.com)
Free on US Amazon September 28, 2017.

$0.99 on Kindle: December 13, 2016
Libby Harrison

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Mina): 5/5
Hero (Luke): 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Grovel: the H was on his knees at one point!
Cheating: none
HEA: yes
Triggers: none

Average score: 5/5

Best Line: so many good ones, including:

“And Luke realized the truth. “You are the fiercest thing I’ve ever seen.””

Worst Line: none!

Personal Review:
This was a brilliant paranormal love story. I loved every moment of it!
Cannot wait for the other books in this series.

Overall Feeling:
Shari Kay
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
3.75✭

Good start to a new series by CE. I've read several of her books and though I like some more than others, they are all enjoyable.

Luke and Mina.

Mina is a Siren and hates it; with just the sound of her voice, she can do harm. She is on the run from an organization, and an obsessed agent, that wants to use her power for evil. She needs a magical stone to rid herself of the hated 'curse' she's living with and Luke has it.

Luke. The king of darkness. He's in charge of the 'dark' beings of the wo
Deborah
Jun 29, 2016 rated it liked it

I have to say this book wasn't exactly what I expected, I thought it would be darker it talks about Luke Thorne being the ruler of every dark creature that walks the earth and him not having a heart when actually he's kinda cute and a real softie, not at all what I expected.
The idea behind it is good, there's a prophecy, there's always a prophecy
'… Once upon a time, twin boys were born. One was predicted to be a bearer of light, the destined ruler who would protect all humans. He would fly thro
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
"Even in the dark, a little light can shine."

First 5 Star Read of 2017!!

I loved everything about this book. If the rest of the series is as good as Devil in Disguise I'm hooked. It has an Immortals After Dark feel to it, but with it's own twist. One of the best paranormal romances I've read in a long while.

I loved Luke with his snarky attitude, his wicked humor and his all around bad boy persona.

"We aren't going to be friends." Just so there would be no confusion. Her gaze skittered back t
Gi's Spot Reviews
Talk about PNR Perfection!!!

I absolutely loved, loved, LOVED this book! And devoured it top to bottom in one sitting, that’s how addictive and enrapturing Cynthia Eden’s writing is. Luke and Mina and their story instantly one of my all time PNR favorites! Up there close to Suzanne Wright’s Dark in you, that’s how brilliant we’re talking about here! Quick pace, smart and funny banter, insane chemistry and über sexy times, this book had it ALL!
I was so hooked in this world and it’s main and second
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice and romantic paranormal.
Hero takes one look at the heroine and says “mine,“ and doesn’t let anything stand in his way. He is very protective and sweet with her.
If you are looking for darkness you will not find it in here, and that's my only complain because we have Prince of Darkness in here but he is more like

Very sweet.....
Laura the Highland Hussy
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review posted at Got Fiction?

Yes!!! That's what I wanted! An amazing PNR!

This is the latest from Cynthia Eden, and it introduces a new series with a new cast of characters. I love her Paranormal Romances. I just love them. This is no exception. I haven’t loved her latest series, oh don’t get me wrong, I’ve definitely liked them. But this is what I’ve been craving. Not a dark and gritty UF, or her dark and obsessive men in

This is paranormal romance at its finest. I mean that with everything in m
Alaina
Before I dove into this book, I honestly was expecting something completely different than what I got.

However, Luke Thorne was delicious in every way possible. I really liked the plot and the characters within The Devil in Disguise. The chemistry between Luke and Mina was amazing and smutty and god damn amazing. I guess I was just expecting more in a way? I don't really know if I'm making sense.. but for some reason I just feel like it or I was missing something..

I will probably dive into the se
Ann Lou
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I decided to have a good night's sleep before writing this review but ended up dreaming about this book instead. I know, right? So, anyways, Luke is the Lord of the Dark. He controls all the monsters and bad things hence, the title of the series. While Mina was at first trying to trick him in order to get the eye of hell. I was really curious with the blurb and I love reading about shifters and vampires. Plus, a friend told me it is totally safe. No OW/OM drama and no cheating. What's not to lov ...more
NMmomof4
2.75 Stars

Overall Opinion: Well...I tried another pnr romance book, and I'm still not convinced that I even really like the genre. It's not that I struggled with the idea of pnr creatures or the world or anything in this one, but it more about the lack of connection I felt between the characters. I didn't understand the progression from lust to love at all. I understand that lots of other stuff was going on, but I didn't feel like the connection was given enough attention. Like with suspenseful
Janie
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-heroes
I absolutely loved the start to this new series. All of the stories say that Luke is bad so he's always believed it to be true. He's the ruler of the dark, yes. But he's also a good man. He cares for those under him and those that are loyal to him. Mina was able to see past his darkness to the man he truly was. I can't wait for Julian's story next.
Juliette Cross
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous new world that I can really sink my teeth into. I love the snarky, dark, and powerful heroes so I was hooked from the start. Will definitely be following this series.
Princess under cover
DNF ~50%.

It started out OK with the prologue. Thought I was going to get some major anti-hero bad-ass for the lead male, but not really. He was kinda tame even in the beginning, but I kept hoping...

Progress to 50% was not terribly slow, it was an easy read, but there was nothing special either.

And then, the author, as one Amazon reviewer put it: "essentially castrated her main character." Nothing bad boy about him. Nothing dangerous and edgy. The h wasn't terribly interesting either.

So no, not
Chitra *CJ*
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So this was ONE HELL of an AMAZING book!
Luke and Mina had so much chemistry! I absolutely loved the mystery, the crazy obsession, the angst, the romance and the secondary characters. The whole plot was amazing and Im always in for a bad boy/strong heroine romance!
Ive read CE before, and with this, she's BACK in the list of "authors Im gonna super stalk"! Cant wait to read more of this series.
Safe read.
5/5
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
4.03.17
Kindle FREEBIE!!
SOS: Serious Over...: Bad Things / Cynthia Eden 2 26 Jun 08, 2017 04:56PM
  • Siren Song
  • Eternal Darkness (The Amagarians, #1)
  • Taste of Darkness (Darkness, #2)
  • Haunted Wolves (Green Pines, #2)
  • Desolation (Earth Evolution, #1)
  • The Devil's Masquerade: The Remedy (The Devil's Eyes, #5)
  • The Demon Prince (Ars Numina, #2)
  • Sea Panther (Crimson Storm, #1)
  • Summer Moon (Celtic Wolves, #2)
  • Burn (Dark in You, #1)
  • The Nasty Vamp
  • The Fallen (A Sons of Wrath Spinoff)
  • Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1)
  • The Dragon Queen's Fake Fiancé (Council of Black Dragons, #3)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • Beguiled (PI & Men to the Rescue #1)
  • Black Wolfe's Mate
  • Her Dark Half (X-Ops, #7)
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a three-time finalist for the prestigious RITA® award. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over eighty novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She love

Bad Things (8 books)
  • On the Prowl (Bad Things, #2)
  • Undead Or Alive (Bad Things, #3)
  • Broken Angel (Bad Things, #4)
  • Heart of Stone (Bad Things, #5)
  • Tempted By Fate (Bad Things, #6)
  • Wicked and Wild (Bad Things, #7)
  • Saint Or Sinner (Bad Things #8)
“Luke caught Mina's chin in his left hand and turned her face toward him. 'Guess what, sweetheart?'
'What?'
He grinned. 'I'm keeping you.”
5 likes
“I’m letting you go,” he said and his smile broke her heart. “That should show just how fucking much I can love.” He pressed a kiss to her lips. “See? My brother was wrong about that. Even in the dark, a little light can shine.” 0 likes