Space Opera Fans discussion

Uncompromising Honor (Honor Harrington, #14)
This topic is about Uncompromising Honor
Honorverse > Uncompromising Honor

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betsy (last edited Apr 28, 2018 06:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Betsy | 898 comments Mod
Uncompromising Honor, number 14 in the mainline thread of the Honorverse, is due to be published October 2, 2018. However, the eARC is available now from Baen.com. It's a long one, 768 pages, and is getting mixed reviews on the Baen site. It definitely follows Honor, and the conflict with the Solarian League. I'm reading it now, and will post updates.

L.E. Doggett (ldwriter2) | 60 comments Oh wow. So it isn't out yet after all. Thought GoodReads said it was. no wonder they aren't carrying it at the bookstore

message 3: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 340 comments I really enjoyed the early Honor novels. The last one I started was Mission of Honor, but I got bogged down and didn't finish. I'll be interested to hear what you think, Betsy!

Betsy | 898 comments Mod
I'm about half way through it. Lots of snarky Honor conversations, several really exciting battles, not too much politics, so far no tech digressions. I'm really enjoying it.

message 5: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new)

Teresa Carrigan | 2638 comments Mod
Very good to hear. I’ll wait for the official edition.

L.E. Doggett (ldwriter2) | 60 comments Betsy wrote: "I'm about half way through it. Lots of snarky Honor conversations, several really exciting battles, not too much politics, so far no tech digressions. I'm really enjoying it."

I am awaiting it. Finally one about Honor.

message 7: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 340 comments Betsy wrote: "I'm about half way through it. Lots of snarky Honor conversations, several really exciting battles, not too much politics, so far no tech digressions. I'm really enjoying it."

Well, that does sound good. Really glad to hear that it sounds as though the info dumps have been reduced!

Betsy | 898 comments Mod
The info dumps have been reduced, but after the mid point the number of political "conversations" have increased. I have a pretty high tolerance for them, but I must admit, I've done a little bit of skimming. On the other hand, it's pretty clear it's building to some pretty major action.

message 9: by Tony (new) - added it

Tony | 15 comments I'm a ways away from reading this one. The next one for me is Mission of Honor (HH #12). It sounds like this book veers away from some of the problems I've had with the other HH books (repetitive discussions regarding the tech and tactical situations, reduced focus of characters).

For those that are much farther along than I am in the series do you find that this starts getting better after Mission of Honor or is Uncompromising Honor the first book that really starts going back to the pace of the earlier books in the series?

Betsy | 898 comments Mod
Tony wrote: "For those that are much farther along than I am in the series do you find that this starts getting better after Mission of Honor or is Uncompromising Honor the first book that really starts going back to the pace of the earlier books in the series?"

I may not be the best person to respond. I enjoyed both Mission of Honor and A Rising Thunder, though not as much as the early books in the series. You might want to check out my review for A Rising Thunder. I do think they're both important for the overall plot continuity, but you could probably skip some large parts of both. As for Uncompromising Honor, so far it looks like it may be somewhat more action and character focused, but not like the very early installments.

message 11: by Tony (new) - added it

Tony | 15 comments Betsy wrote: "Tony wrote: "For those that are much farther along than I am in the series do you find that this starts getting better after Mission of Honor or is Uncompromising Honor the first book that really s..."

Thank you. I'll get to these later Harrington books eventually. :)

Betsy | 898 comments Mod
Well, I finished it. At 4 a.m. this morning. The last third of the book was very suspenseful, exciting, maddening. I do recommend reading it, but it's long, and the middle section was a little slow.

Betsy | 898 comments Mod
Here is my review.