What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Book of Spies (Judd Ryder & Eva Blake, #1)
This topic is about The Book of Spies
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Book about a hidden library owned by rich people, who ask the librarian 1/year a question from the books. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Driscoll | 17 comments My coworker is trying to remember a book she read a few years ago (but she can't tell me exactly how many or when it was published). We don't know the author or the name of the characters.

It's about a secret library hidden on an island, which is full of extremely rare and valuable books. Apparently it's owned by these super-rich people, and they hire a librarian to maintain it, then once a year or so they ask him a question about one of the books.
The librarian steals one of the books to sell and make a nice fortune to retire on, but the rich people know he stole it, so when they come to visit they ask for a question from that book, catch him in his deception, and kill him. But then they need to get the book back

That's about all I know, and it's all secondhand (so I hope it's correct but can't be sure). Is there any chance anyone can identify this one?

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
John, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book.

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Joseph (last edited Apr 28, 2018 03:42PM) (new)

Joseph Marquis | 226 comments Maybe The Book of Spies, by Gayle Lynds

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

message 4: by John (new)

John Driscoll | 17 comments Joseph wrote: "Maybe The Book of Spies, by Gayle Lynds

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6..."

I wouldn't be surprised if that's it. I'll check with my coworker tomorrow and find out.

Thanks!

Megan Pluym | 102 comments I read that like two years ago. It sounds exactly like the Book of Spies!

message 6: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments The Book of Spies for the link. Now I want to read it too.

message 7: by John (new)

John Driscoll | 17 comments It was indeed The Book of Spies, thanks!

Can I mark this one as Solved or does a moderator need to do it?

Justanotherbiblophile | 1813 comments You can mark the request as solved by clicking the 'edit' link next to the subject line / title, and then selecting one of the "Solved" folders. This will help save our moderators some time.

You should also change the subject line / title to start "SOLVED: [then your existing subject line/title of your post]" which helps people still find your request later.

Solved requests are almost as important as unsolved requests (eg, eg, so don't delete your info :D Otherwise it looks like this, which completely doesn't show how you generated *so* much interest for your book). The requests continue to exist in the archive, and people looking for your book end up on that page via search engine because of your description/keywords - which improves the whole world :)