What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Light (Morpheus Road, #1)
This topic is about The Light
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fiction, Series, Action, Published 2000-2010? Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordan (last edited Apr 28, 2018 01:58PM) (new)

Jordan Howards | 6 comments Book Type: Series, Action, Horror? Fiction. Read The book Around 6 years, so could have been published anywhere from 2000-2010 i'm guessing.
This is what I recall.
A teenager boy starts being haunted by a demon who died back in roman times and was a general in a great army. The demon has learned all the tricks and powers of the afterlife and can appear in the real world and manipulate it. The demon is able to create a portal between the living world and the afterlife world and the teenager boy goes through this portal to fight this demon once in the afterlife world the teenager meets his passed away grandfather and his grandfather helps him while he is in that world. Also the living group that helps fight off the army from the afterlife has magical swords that if your stabbed by you dissapear forever.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Apr 28, 2018 12:29PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6966 comments Mod
Jordan, please read the Rules at the top of the group's homepage. You might also read the pop up next to the comment box for quick suggestions. We put it there for a reason.

Now for the obvious questions that are in the rules and the pop up box.

1) when did you read this? I don't know you (and neither does most if not all of our group) so I don't know when you were in middle school. Are you in 9th grade now, so you read it in the last 2 or 3 years or are you a member of The Greatest Generation and read this 70 odd years ago? Yes, our membership really does cover that large a range of ages, so that date is very important.

2) What genre is the book--horror, fantasy, sci-fi?

3) Please fix the title of your thread as most of our members read only the threads that are in their chosen genres so that they feel that they have a chance of ID-ing the book. That means that they also do not read threads with vague, "Help please" type titles.

4) If your book is not found right away, you are allowed (and encouraged) to bump it up after 30 days have passed, unless you are responding to a question, suggestion or response from someone else.

5) Spoilers are allowed in this group, except in the thread header. Just warn that they are coming, or use the HTML spoiler hider. To see how to use that, on the upper right of the comment box in the computer version only is a click titled Some HTML is OK.

And finally,

6) The app versions of GR are very lacking. So if you use those and need help, then the mods are more than happy to help.

message 3: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Howards | 6 comments Thank you for the help i believe I have fixed everything that you have pointed out.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40657 comments Mod
Remember the covers?
Author female or male?

message 5: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Howards | 6 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Remember the covers?
Author female or male?"

One of the covers I believe was of a cabin near a lake, any of the others i cant remember. And i'm almost positive the author was male.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36597 comments Mod
Jordan, how does the demon haunt the boy (e.g., in his dreams, waking life, what specific threats)? Are there roman gods?

Can you tell us more about the teenage boy - special powers, where he lives and with whom, companions, etc.?

Is this fantasy for young adults (teens) or older adults?

message 7: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Howards | 6 comments Kris wrote: "Jordan, how does the demon haunt the boy (e.g., in his dreams, waking life, what specific threats)? Are there roman gods?

Can you tell us more about the teenage boy - special powers, where he live..."

There are no roman gods, the only reason you find out that the demon is from Rome is because he tells the teenage boy his back story. He haunts in what seemed life a day dream(in real life, but in the teenagers mind).
I don't remember any special powers that the teenager had, but i do remember that the mother was some sort of gate keeper for the living world. And companions would be the teenagers crush and his friend from school.
I would imagine more towards the teen side of young adult since i was around 13 when I read the book.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Can we eliminate The Gatekeeper series by Anthony Horowitz?

message 9: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Howards | 6 comments Kris wrote: "Can we eliminate The Gatekeeper series by Anthony Horowitz?"

We can eliminate that series, from what i remember there were only three books in this series.

message 10: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Howards | 6 comments Thank you to everyone for your help! I finally found it after looking through the suggested books, off of The Gatekeeper Series suggestion. It's the Morpheus Road Trilogy!

message 11: by Kris (new)

Glad you found your book series, Jordan. Here's the link - Morpheus Road series by D.J. MacHale. The first book is The Light.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Light (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anthony Horowitz (other topics)
D.J. MacHale (other topics)