Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Sprint #2 - Hour 8

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GabsAboutBooks (last edited Apr 27, 2018 05:31PM) (new)

GabsAboutBooks It's hour 8 and time for our second reading sprint! For the next 60 minutes, try to read as much as you can. Share your progress here. Let us know what you read, how much you read, and how long you read for. READY...SET...GO!

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 12 comments Ok, I am starting NOW!

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary King (maryk13) I'm in - Just woke from a nap. Anddd GO!

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1296 comments Ehh, we're entering hour 9 now right?
I just did the sprint, read for 60 minutes, unfortunately just 25 pages of Lightning. I feel I'm getting tired (it's 10 pm here).

message 5: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 74 comments Yeah I planned on staying up the whole 24hr, but I read for the first 3hr and then I just kept on dozing, falling asleep while reading, so I had to sleep. I woke up 8hr in, so I slept for around 5hr. Starting at midnight's tough. But I'm not letting myself sleep anymore today. Just reading.

message 6: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) | 421 comments Mod
I am reading a kindle book just during the sprints. I got another 20% of it finished during the sprint.

Reading:
Genesis Awry (Keepers of Eternity #3) by Devyn Quinn

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 12 comments I read from page 11 to page 68 in An Unkindness of Ghosts

message 8: by Hilde (new)

Hilde (hilded) | 23 comments I managed to get 40 minutes and 50 pages of my book in for the second sprint. Now it's bedtime here (CET), but I still have a few hours tomorrow morning left :)

message 9: by Cindy (last edited Apr 28, 2018 01:55PM) (new)

Cindy I am in. I finished White Nights. I read half of it, took a 15 minute break and then finished the last 30 pages. I would say I read for 50 minutes. It was a little heavy, I am going to take a break for an hour, probably take a walk for some exercise.

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary King (maryk13) I read for 55 minutes, page 348 through 409 of The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue - ready to finish this one up!

Mel (thebookishmel) (thebookishmel) | 5 comments Finished The Hiding Place during the sprint and took a VERY needed break for the rest of it (which seems counterintuitive) but hey, it was good!

message 12: by Lupe (new)

Lupe Dominguez (lupedominguez) | 43 comments I managed more than 400 pages in 45 minutes! I shocked even myself!!!

message 13: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (igem36) I only had 35 minutes left in this sprint when I finished sprint #1. I read 17 and a half more pages of In Suspect Terrain by John McPhee .

message 14: by Erika (new)

Erika | 15 comments Read 80 pages in The Astounding Broccoli Boy finishing that and 4 pages in Meddling Kids

message 15: by Rebecca Jean (new)

Rebecca Jean (rebecca2006) | 9 comments I read 43 pages for this sprint which I am happy with. But now it is 11.50 pm here in Norway and I am very tiered. I am debating sleeping for a couple of hours

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.