Allegiant (Divergent, #3) Allegiant discussion

SPOILER---------> only look if you have read series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Aria C i cried a lot

message 2: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel Sanchez I Cry:,(

Ilana i was really upset about it - can't say that i cried, but i probably could have if i was that kind of an emotional reader. while i get why it was done, i don't know that i would have really taken that route.

Agatha I sobbed nearly all night. I was so not expecting near to die,

Agatha *sorry not 'near' I meant 'her'

Talia Camille wrote: "I can't continue reading the 3rd book because Tris is going to die and I'm know that I'm going to cry!"

You must finish it!!! Even though it's extremely sad, the end is the best part!!

Aria C i had to actually stop reading because i couldnt see the words cuz' of my blurry eyes

message 8: by Cherise (new) - added it

Cherise I didn't cry but I was very depressed for the next few days.

message 9: by Aria (last edited Jul 28, 2014 01:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aria C Camille wrote: "I can't continue reading the 3rd book because Tris is going to die and I'm know that I'm going to cry!"
you should def' finish it. i had to continue reading it the next day cuz' i was crying to much but you really should finish it. do it for tobias.

Gechmuoy Chea when Tobias walk to her and think it looks like she was just sleeping and within a couple minutes, she will wake up. Then when he reaches her, he started to realise that that's it. she died. he couldn't even have the last word, the last kiss at all.

Melissa I didn't cry at that. What was very emotional for me was how we then followed Tobias and his grief, trying to cope with it and understand. That had a huge impact on me.

The Bookworm's Reviews Who DIDN'T cry when Tris died?

Molly I hate to admit it... but I didn't cry... It was really sad, but, I never have cried in a book.
When I read that she died, I thought that it was just a dream and she was going to wake up, but then she didn't and they were talking about her funeral... My reaction was kind of like 'WHAT!!! You can't just kill off the main character!!!!! Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!'

Dennis John I did not cry I was disappointed and mad at the same time. It turned out that FOUR was the main protagonist. And she has lesser action scenes in the third book.

Benita I was so in shock, that I couldn't cry... But after putting the book down, I cried...

Melissa Veracruz I basically went catatonic. Then, once I bounced back, I was incredibly irritable, in some sort of denial. It was sorta pathetic...

Melissa Veracruz Adare wrote: "*sorry not 'near' I meant 'her'"

Someone spoiled it for me, but I forced my way through it... Worth it.

crystal sanchez I cried a lot, but i cried more when Tobias was confronted about Tris's death and he was all like "she wouldn't leave me here alone. She wouldn't go instead of Caleb" but then he realized she would go in there instead of Caleb and that just made me cry even more

Alicec Ariauna wrote: "i had to actually stop reading because i couldnt see the words cuz' of my blurry eyes"

I know, I was the same way. I took her advice, counted to three, and moved on. Fortunately I only cry out of one eye so it wasn't AS hard as it could have been. I cried so hard.

Caitlin I cried so much, especially to Tobias's reaction. That book killed me.

Candler I cried so much when Tris died and Tobias discovered she was gone. I kept telling myself "No, this is a joke. This cannot be happening. C'mon we have eight pages left in the book. We can do this. Tris can come back; she's not really dead."

Yeah, I was pretty over invested in this series.

Vanessa I cried like a little baby.

Alyssa I was going to cry so much, but a really annoying guy spoiled the ending to me before I even started Allegiant, so I already knew what was going to happen. D:<

message 24: by Rida (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rida Sajid Cried cried cried. cried while completing the rest of the book. Cried in my bed when I was gonna sleep. Cried in the bathroom. Cried for 2 days and remained sad..............well I am still sad

Alicec I was really really sad but it was so beautiful, I honestly think the series wouldn't have been better if she lived and she and Tobias continued there life together. It doesn't wrap up, it's like a fairy tale ending and it's not as real. Tobias ended it well. I was sad but satisfied.

Sammy I was more angry than sad, so I didn't cry and I was denial about it and couldn't accept till the very end of the book.

message 27: by Frenisia (new) - added it

Frenisia My emotions were so jumbled so all i could do was cry.... a lot.

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America One of my friends refused to finish da book or read the epilogue because she was gonna be so sad

message 29: by Frenisia (new) - added it

Frenisia thats devastating:(

message 30: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick Bauer I was very sad when tris first died, but when we began following FOUR is when I began crying. Just to be able to observe him get destroyed was crying worthy.

message 31: by Frenisia (new) - added it

Frenisia It definitely was. I cried when Tris died. I had to pause for a moment and considered stopping but my Curiousity own and I kept reading. Seeding four struggle with the loss of his friend and love was very heart wrenching. I'm excited to see how they portray it in the allegiant movie

Julia Yeah, I cried... in the very beginning of the school day, during my study hall, right in front of the boy who, as I found out later, liked me. Not to mention that my friend, who finished Allegiant the night before I did, even WARNED me not to finish it during school. *facepalm*

message 33: by Rida (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rida Sajid Julia wrote: "Yeah, I cried... in the very beginning of the school day, during my study hall, right in front of the boy who, as I found out later, liked me. Not to mention that my friend, who finished Allegiant ..."

Lol, Julia I hope he didn't altered his feelings after that :)

message 34: by Sara (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sara I would like to ask that people have the decency to not put spoilers in their posts for books. This post came up in my discussions and I saw it while reading the third book. VERY FRUSTRATING!

Thank you, and please be more considerate going forward!

Ashlyn I didn't cry at all. I was just really upset because I didn't expect it to come and I still don't understand why she had to die.

message 36: by Aderonke (new) - added it

Aderonke I cried really hard for an hour like I do for all characters deaths and feel a piece of my heart being removed and replaced with a whole of grief.

message 37: by Claudia (last edited Aug 08, 2014 03:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Claudia Andino pineda I didn't cried, but I felt sad because she and four, couldn't be together, damn it, I wanted them to be happy forever.

Quinn I wouldn't say I cried but I did throw the book across the room... which was a shame because I was reading on my kindle.

Veronica I cried. What else could I do? I travelled with her all the way only to lose her. I get attached to characters I love. No main character should die.
What's worse is that many readers love the ending because it was "realistic". She does not deserve to die.

message 40: by Kat (last edited Aug 09, 2014 12:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat L 2 am. I dehydrated!!!! I read that part several times, hoping it wasnt real. That there was another page, where Tris would just walk out saying: Got ya! and then everything would be fine and everyone would be happy! Its almost a month now, since I've read it and I still cant believe that Veronica Roth dared to do this do me ....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I woke up everyone in the house.

Mary Ann Khalil I was on a quiz site and it said 'What would have happened if Tris didn't die?' I was so pissed, because I didn't even get the book yet. I had JUST finished Insurgent. I got teary when I read it, but I didn't actually cry.

Nimotalai I sobbed. Big, racking, sobs.
It was that deep.

Stephanie I totally cried. It was obvious that she was going to die througout most of the book, just the way everything was leading to, but I still had hopes and am curious how things would have ended if she lived. I liked that ending though and would love to know how Tobias is doing after. Like 5 years later.

message 44: by Ncc (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ncc I totally cried. Two hours of NONSTOP sobbing. And everyday for a week. Listening to Passenger's Let Her Go did not help the situation.

message 45: by Vanessa (last edited Aug 09, 2014 12:03PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vanessa I didn't cry. I sobbed
And after that i cried a river. I'm more angry than sad.

message 46: by Asmaa (last edited Aug 09, 2014 12:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Asmaa I cried in the middle of the night , 'till I heard a weird noise , I forced myself to sleep , but I couldn't stop thinking about Tobias and how sad he was :(
In the morning I woke up tired and eyes were swollen ; I though It was all a dream :::((

Jessica Ugh. I definitely teared up, but I was more angry than sad... Until i went on to read how broken Tobias was, then I actually cried.

Katherine (Fabled Haven) I cried, mainly because of her last thoughts- "Can I be forgiven for all I've done to get here? I want to be. I can. I believe it." Those words are what really punched me in the gut.

Nimotalai I didn't cry when she actually died, I cried when Tobias found our she died, and the last chapters from Tobias' pov really set me off.

Kailee Jurnak I didn't cry until it went into Four's pov and then the tears started flowing

« previous 1