What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA high fantasy novel in the beginning there was a prison(?) camp where the main character -female- is being held. Not Throne of Glass.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bramanda (new)

Bramanda Watson | 4 comments The main character ends up using her (hidden possibly forbidden) magical abilities to save someone's life while at the camp. I'm thinking they were building something? And there was a boulder involved (?) I think I read it about 3 years ago, but I doubt it was new at the time. I think it might have been written in third person. I know there's not a lot to go on, but I'll post more in the comments if I remember more!

message 2: by Av (last edited Apr 27, 2018 07:05AM) (new)

Av | 29 comments Is this Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

message 3: by Bramanda (new)

Bramanda Watson | 4 comments Av, no but after reading the first couple pages I will have to add that to my tbr! Thank you!

message 4: by Bramanda (new)

Bramanda Watson | 4 comments Still searching

message 5: by Tris (new)

Tris Crescent | 87 comments “Snow Like Ashes” by Sara Raasch? It’s YA, fantasy, and came out in 2014. I’m pretty sure there’s a scene involving a prison-camp, boulders, and forbidden magic. (It has been a while since I read it, though). {can’t link- on mobile}

message 6: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Snow Like Ashes for Tris's suggestion

message 7: by Aspiring (new)

Aspiring Scribbler | 67 comments Sounds a bit like Obernewtyn by Isobelle Carmody. Not a camp exactly, but Elspeth was taken away for examination of her forbidden abilities. The series starts off feeling like fantasy, but the later books move pretty firmly into dystopia.

message 8: by Aroosha (last edited Jul 13, 2018 11:41AM) (new)

Aroosha (arooshaaf) | 14 comments Maybe Poison Study ?

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda | 12 comments Maybe Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi? She‘s locked up in a prison but she doesn’t save anyone while she’s in there. Only after she’s gotten out.

message 10: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 640 comments For the click:
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Shatter Me

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Bramanda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?