What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1)
This topic is about Love Only Once
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. HQN?- historical romance series- set in Victorian(?) England, each book deals with one person from the same noble family- they all have very distinctive features- read '05-'12. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia | 21 comments The family it follows had very distinctive hair/eye color combos. There were 2 variations, maybe red or blonde hair/green eyes and black hair/blue eyes, but I'm not sure about these combos- I just remember this being a thing they talked about all the time. I think the couple in the first book each have a couple of siblings or aunts/uncles that the later books follow. It might even eventually get to the children of the original couple?

They're noble, of course.

I think that in one book, the oldest brother is very reluctant to marry and always kind of grumpy.

I think in one book, the love interest has really light hair and like, purple eyes or something. She's fallen on hard times and isn't noble (?) but at the end, the whole family agrees to just say she is and the people will listen bc they're noble or something.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I read these before 2012, but I don't know if they were printed well before that or if new books were still coming out.

message 2: by Juels (last edited Apr 24, 2018 11:17AM) (new) - added it

Juels | 2566 comments Sounds like the Malory/Anderson family series by Johanna Lindsey. The Malory family is known to have blonde hair/green eyes or black hair/cobalt blue eyes. The black/blue combo comes from a gypsy in their ancestry. The black/blue shows up every so often.

Love Only Once
Tender Rebel
Gentle Rogue
The Magic of You
A Loving Scoundrel
Captive of My Desires
The Present
Say You Love Me
No Choice But Seduction
That Perfect Someone
Stormy Persuasion
Beautiful Tempest

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia | 21 comments Yup, this is them! Thank you! I'm impressed you could get it from the very weak things I remembered.

I'll move it to solved.

message 4: by Juels (new) - added it

Juels | 2566 comments You're welcome. Johanna Lindsey is a favorite of mine. I've read these many times. The hair/eye color is mentioned over and over... :)

message 5: by Julia (new)

Julia | 21 comments I thought it was mentioned a lot! Glad I'm not crazy. Also, I definitely did not realize that there were still books being published in this series as recently as last year. I've been out of the whole romance scene for a while.

message 6: by Juels (new) - added it

Juels | 2566 comments Her Malory/Anderson series have been very popular. I wouldn't be surprised if she writes more.