Horror Aficionados discussion

Getting to Know You > #Charactercrush

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Char (new)

Char  | 16820 comments Mod
Alondra, one of my fellow HA buds, mentioned having a crush on a character. Until now, I thought I was the only one that had those!

On what fictional character do you have a crush on and why?

message 2: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments You must confess first.

message 3: by Char (last edited Apr 24, 2018 08:49AM) (new)

Ha! I was wondering if anyone was going to call me out.

I choose John Connolly's Charlie Parker. He's so dark-minded, strong and sensitive all at once. I have an entire picture in my mind and everything. He wears a long trench coat and has dark hair, with a high forehead (sort of like John Cusack?)
I'll leave it off here. :)

message 4: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments I haven't read those books but he sounds pretty great. I'll have to go with Hap from Hap & Leonard today. He's just so damn loyal and sweet and funny and will do whatever it takes for those he loves. And his past is filled with tragedy but he just keeps on going!

message 5: by Char (new)

Bark wrote: "I haven't read those books but he sounds pretty great. I'll have to go with Hap from Hap & Leonard today. He's just so damn loyal and sweet and funny and will do whatever it takes for those he love..."

Aww, I DO love Hap. :)

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Ward (battyward) | 103 comments Harry Dresden.

message 7: by Jay (new)

Jay (okay_jay) | 217 comments My first character crush was Kitty Pride/Shadowcat from the X-Men. For a while it was Anita Blake, then (briefly) Mercy Thompson. Now, it's Maz Kanata from Star Wars. Don't hate.

message 8: by Char (new)

No hate. This is a safe place. :)

message 9: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments When i was teenager and i read my first Discworld Novel Sourcery, i must admit to having a crush on Conina. She only appeared in this one novel, but the front cover and the description of her in the story, really got my hormonal mind going.

Daughter of Cohen the Barbarian, Conina wants to be a hairdresser and live a normal life but was blessed with incredible looks, hair and skin from her mother (one of innumerable concubines, freed slaves or temple women Cohen has ravished during his life, although he stayed with this one long enough to teach Conina some tricks of the trade) and muscles like iron, tendons like hawsers and reflexes like a cat on a hot tin roof from her father.

message 10: by WendyB (new)

WendyB  | 3401 comments Mod
It's not so much a crush as just wanting to hang out with Charlie Parker, Angel, and Louis. A bit of danger is good. Makes ya feel alive.

message 11: by Char (new)

WendyB wrote: "It's not so much a crush as just wanting to hang out with Charlie Parker, Angel, and Louis. A bit of danger is good. Makes ya feel alive."

Angel and Louis are the best buddies a guy can have. Probably the best a girl could have too.

message 12: by Char (new)

Haha! My friend Alondra here mentioned Joe Ledger as her crush. In fact, that's where I got the idea for this thread.

message 13: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Stefan | 41 comments That's a tough one... I'd say either Prince Rhy from A Darker Shade of Magic or Diego from We Are the Ants.

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 744 comments I thought the term was book boyfriend? Or is book boyfriend out character crush in? Are they even the same thing?

message 15: by Jay (new)

Jay (okay_jay) | 217 comments Nancy wrote: "I thought the term was book boyfriend? Or is book boyfriend out character crush in? Are they even the same thing?"

Well, I find "book boyfriend" a little exclusionary...

message 16: by Char (new)

#charactercrush seemed a perfect term to me.

I guess book book girl or boy friend would be okay, whatever floats your boat. We are not judgmental-boy, girl, gender neutral, robot-whatever character you like!

message 17: by Alan (new)

Alan | 5517 comments Mod
Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games series
and
Cassie Sullivan from The 5th Wave series
<3 <3

message 18: by Char (new)

Nice!

Katherine D. Sartoris | 7 comments A bit twisted but I guess mine is Sandman Slim. :)

message 20: by Christina (new)

Christina (zombiekittylives) | 18 comments I have a crush on Joe Goldberg from the book YOU. Twisted, I know ;)

message 21: by Char (new)

Christina wrote: "I have a crush on Joe Goldberg from the book YOU. Twisted, I know ;)"

Nope, I'm with you on that!
I'm excited to see the book come to Lifetime! I saw that John Stamos is going to play Dr. Nicky.

message 22: by Hayla (new)

Hayla | 10 comments Tyrion Lannister of A Game of Thrones and Lestat de Lioncourt of The Vampire Lestat.

message 23: by Char (new)

The Imp! Great one! Lestat is good too. :)

message 24: by Kasia (new)

Kasia (kasia_s) | 3735 comments Mod
Probably Special Agent Pendergast born from Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's magical brains.

message 25: by Elka (new)

Elka Scott (elka_scott) | 7 comments Hayley Ann wrote: "Tyrion Lannister of A Game of Thrones and Lestat de Lioncourt of The Vampire Lestat."

I was absolutely in love with Lestat for a long time too!

message 26: by Arka (new)

Arka Chakraborty (johnnyliono) | 104 comments Elinor Caskey from the Blackwater series, Dionea from Vernon Lee's Dionea.

message 27: by Char (new)

Oooh, Elinor is a good one!

message 28: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7667 comments Will Trent by the Karin Slaughter series of the same name.

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 29, 2019 03:08AM) (new)

Lavinia "Winnie" Whateley from H. P. Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror. I have to admit the crush just about started to develop after I stumbled upon the musical parody A Shoggoth on the Roof by the HPL Historical Society which some people might consider to be rather non- or even anti-canonical, but her portrayal there is just pure sex and evil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2e0J...

"Tentacles..... Yesss!!!"

message 30: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2492 comments Bran Cornick

message 31: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 31 comments I had a book crush as a young child before I even had a real life or celebrity crush. I distinctly remember being about 7 and wanting to read about Julian in the Fantastic Five again and again. I don't think I realised it at the time but I definitely had a crush.

My adult character crush is Enjorlas from Les Miserables but I saw the 10th Anniversary recording of the musical before reading the book so I'm unsure where my crush on the character ends and my crush on the actor begins. I mean, how can you not fall in love with a man with principles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf71g...

message 32: by Tori (last edited Feb 05, 2019 09:50AM) (new)

Tori | 40 comments It's not really a "horror character" crush but I've been in love with Marvel's Doctor Strange for a long time. Still adjusting to his movie persona but it was pretty cool to see him on the big screen at last :)

If we are talking horror though then I will throw in Jonathan Frid's Barnabas Collins. Love that eerie gothic finesse of his (and he was handsome to boot!)

message 33: by Char (new)

Barnabas!

I like Dr. Strange, (B.D. Wong), on the current TV show, GOTHAM.

message 34: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) Hmm... most recently, I'd have to say Jonas Taylor and his buddy Mac, from The Meg series.

message 35: by Sonja (new)

Sonja | 238 comments Long time crush on Ranger from the Stephanie Plum series. Nothing against Daniel Sunjata from the movie (One for the Money) but he was nothing like my reader's imagination!
Ranger is the only reason I continue to read the series.

Miss Malfoy&#x1f40d; | 120 comments Ever since I read the Lunar Chronicles, Harry Potter, and Eight Days to Live, I’ve been in love with Jack Thorne, Draco (I love the bad boys!), and Seth Caleb.