Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Spellbinder (Shadow Falls: After Dark #2.5)
This topic is about Spellbinder
Serieses! > Book showing up for the wrong (but connected) series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 26 comments Spellbinder (Shadow Falls: After Dark #2.5) shows up in both the original series, Shadow Falls, listing and the follow up series, After Dark, listing. According to reviews and the summary, it should only be in the in the After Dark collection of the series. Is there a way to fix this so it doesn't show up in the Shadow Falls collection?

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments But if you read the Authors page it looks like it should be in the Shadow Falls Series and possibly not the After Dark Series. Due to that I am going to leave them alone.

Author shows it as a Shadow Falls Novella, where all the other books in the After Dark Series actually state that is what they are in.

message 3: by Samantha (last edited Sep 26, 2018 04:10PM) (new)

Samantha | 26 comments I know it's been like a month, but I just finished the series and remembered this. I realize it's listed as a novella for Shadow Falls but it references an event that doesn't happen until Book 3 (or even 4, really) in the Shadow Falls series: Perry and Miranda dating. Since it's 2.5, this novel about their breakup precedes them officially being together.

Other reviewers have commented it should be 2.5 for the followup series, After Dark, so as not to spoil anything in that series, either, but I understand the idea that the authors page makes it appear as if it belongs in the main series. However, since it doesn't quite fit there, if we are to keep it as a Shadow Falls novella, can we at least change the order to be after the series is over?

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Samantha wrote: "I know it's been like a month, but I just finished the series and remembered this. I realize it's listed as a novella for Shadow Falls but it references an event that doesn't happen until Book 3 (o..."

Moved down in the series order as per publication date.

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 26 comments Thank you!