Teen Library discussion

GENERAL > BOTM NOMINATION

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (last edited Jul 27, 2014 05:39PM) (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
ok so i now people like to do BOTM ( book of the month)
but this is a new group and i don't think we will have enough time to set one up for august so... hopefully our first BOTM will be for September feel free to nominate some books we will except about the first 10 - 15 books before we make a poll of what books will be the books of the month

message 2: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 04, 2015 08:21AM) (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) POLLS ARE UP!!!

FROM HERE DOWN ARE NOMINATIONS
FOR SERIES AND STAND ALONE BOTM FOR MARCH 2015

message 3: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (last edited Jan 16, 2015 10:27AM) (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Cinder for series

message 4: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
or Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie

message 6: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 25, 2015 08:59AM) (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) BOTM SUGGESTIONS FOR MARCH ARE CLOSED
POLLS ARE UP!

Next posts are for April BOTM

message 7: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

Ariana | 634 comments Mod
Gracefully Grayson by Ami Polonsky

Stand alone.

message 8: by Aj (last edited Feb 20, 2015 11:29AM) (new)

Aj (a_the_reader) | 163 comments Lemonade Mouth by Mark Peter Hughes or All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven for stand alones

message 9: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

padfoot and pringles (padfootandpringles) | 5 comments heir of fire by Sarah j. Maas
city of heavenly fire/lost souls by Cassandra Clare
matched by Allye Conde
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

message 13: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Humphrey (bjjgirl) | 131 comments (Series) Clockwork Angel, the Maze Runner, or City of Bones

(Standalone) Wonder or H2O

message 14: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Sydney wrote: "(Series) Clockwork Angel, the Maze Runner, or City of Bones

(Standalone) Wonder or H2O"

that is really cool books there. can we add in BDB books and Bloodlines series that on here?

message 15: by Angelique (new)

Angelique (bookgoddess323) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak for stand alone.

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine for series.

message 16: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Angel wrote: "The Book Thief by Markus Zusak for stand alone.

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine for series."

that is cool. how many book series is that glass books has there? is it really good?

padfoot and pringles (padfootandpringles) | 5 comments I think best and alone could be Eleanor and Park r Seconds. Best series is the infernal devices the mortal instruments, and throne of glass

padfoot and pringles (padfootandpringles) | 5 comments I mean best stand alone

message 19: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments padfoot and pringles wrote: "I mean best stand alone"

oh ok. what are those 2 books about that there? can i add in bloodlines that on there?

padfoot and pringles (padfootandpringles) | 5 comments I mean best stand alone because in the actual post I said best and alone. I recommended two books because I thought that people could look at it and choose their personal favourite and then maybe agree with my recommendations and vote!

padfoot and pringles (padfootandpringles) | 5 comments Eleanor and Park is a contemporary about two teenagers who have a tragic love, this explanation is terrible and makes it sound cheesy but it is amazing. Seconds I have just written a spoiler free review on my account, you can check that out if you want.

message 22: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments padfoot and pringles wrote: "Eleanor and Park is a contemporary about two teenagers who have a tragic love, this explanation is terrible and makes it sound cheesy but it is amazing. Seconds I have just written a spoiler free ..."

oh ok that sound rather interesting book to read about.

message 23: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

POLLS ARE UP!

NOMINATIONS FOR MAY FROM HERE.

P.s Some of the nominations for April were already in the group's bookshelf.

message 24: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Ariana wrote: "POLLS ARE UP!

NOMINATIONS FOR MAY FROM HERE.

P.s Some of the nominations for April were already in the group's bookshelf."

ok cool

message 25: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 9 comments Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver for series Wonder by R.J Palacio for stand alone

message 26: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Rebecca wrote: "Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver for series Wonder by R.J Palacio for stand alone"

that sound cool book there. what't about? is it worth reading?

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 9 comments It's set 6000 years ago when people were still 'In tune' with nature and the main forests that covered the land. It follows a boy called Torak who's father is killed which leaves him orphaned. He has to learn to survive on his own but also finds a wolf cub which becomes his acquaintance and he realises due to his heritage his bond with the animal is more than it seems.

message 28: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Rebecca wrote: "It's set 6000 years ago when people were still 'In tune' with nature and the main forests that covered the land. It follows a boy called Torak who's father is killed which leaves him orphaned. He h..."

that does sound like a very interesting book there. sound like something from the cartoon, jungle book that there..

message 29: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
OK SO I PLAN ON GETTING BOTM BACK UP AND RUNNING SO FROM HERE DOWN IS FOR JUNE AND JULY WE WILL DO A COMBINED ONE DEPENDING ON HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET ENOUGH NOMINATIONS

message 30: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

message 31: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

message 32: by Shay (new)

Shay (shayreader) Firelight series by sophie jordan.

message 33: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 1 comments Red Rising and The Book Thief!

message 35: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Sydney wrote: "Seraphina or Life As We Knew It"

can i add in on A WILD NIGHT OR THE LADY CHOSEN? that by STEPHANIE LAURENS, that on here?

message 36: by Athena (new)

Athena Moore (dymondmr17) | 4 comments go set a watchman by harper lee

message 37: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

Infamous

message 38: by Ally-Mai (new)

Ally-Mai (allymai_) | 3 comments I'd like to suggest Infinite Sky if you are still doing BOTM.

message 39: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Ally-Mai wrote: "I'd like to suggest Infinite Sky if you are still doing BOTM."

what that book there about? can i add the book called The Healer?

message 40: by Ally-Mai (new)

Ally-Mai (allymai_) | 3 comments This is it's goodreads description: When Iris' mum leaves home, her brother, Sam, goes off the rails and her dad is left trying to hold it all together. So when a family of travellers sets up camp illegally in front of their farm, its the catalyst for a stand-off that can only end in disaster. But to Iris it's an adventure. She secretly strikes up a friendship with the gypsy boy, Trick, and discovers home can be something as simple as a carved out circle in a field of corn...

message 41: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Ally-Mai wrote: "This is it's goodreads description: When Iris' mum leaves home, her brother, Sam, goes off the rails and her dad is left trying to hold it all together. So when a family of travellers sets up camp ..."

oh ok. that does sound like a very intersting book there. there must like lots of diff interesting histroy that in that book as well. did anyone read that book there yet?

message 42: by Ally-Mai (new)

Ally-Mai (allymai_) | 3 comments Olivia wrote: "Ally-Mai wrote: "This is it's goodreads description: When Iris' mum leaves home, her brother, Sam, goes off the rails and her dad is left trying to hold it all together. So when a family of travell..."

I've read it a few times, because I love it so much, so I really want others to read it so I can talk to them about it and here their opinions.

message 43: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Ally-Mai wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Ally-Mai wrote: "This is it's goodreads description: When Iris' mum leaves home, her brother, Sam, goes off the rails and her dad is left trying to hold it all together. So when a fa..."

yea that is true out there.cause i am still reading this book here called The Healer, which really cool and intersting.