Splintered Fan Club discussion

Frabjous Thoughts > Character Quirks

Comments Showing 1-50 of 294 (294 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments Or in other words, those-little-things-about-the-characters-of-Splintered-that-make-us-think-or-squeal-with-delight. They probably aren't necessary to the plot-line, maybe they're random and you don't think that anyone else even noticed...but! They shall be posted here!

You're welcome to post actual personality traits/quirks/etc. with factual evidence...or quirks and nonsense you think the characters might have! ^-^

Example: 'I like to think that Morpheus crinkles his nose and pouts when he sees a butterfly. They're so close to moths, but he just doesn't get them. Too flashy, he'll say, to which Alyssa raises an eyebrow and scoffs, "too flashy. really. you. you are saying this".'

message 2: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Sydney wrote: "Example: 'I like to think that Morpheus crinkles his nose and pouts when he sees a butterfly. They're so close to moths, but he just doesn't get them. Too flashy, he'll say, to which Alyssa raises an eyebrow and scoffs, "too flashy. really. you. you are saying this".' "

Aww, haha! So much <3 for this.

message 3: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments I think Jeb bites his lip when he concentrates.

DON'T ASK ME WHY PLEASE.

I just love Morph's flashiness, though~

HE'S FABULOUSSSSS

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments I like Alyssa and Jen's taste in gothic clothing. Her style helped me to explore my own gothic tastes more.

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Sydney wrote: "Or in other words, those-little-things-about-the-characters-of-Splintered-that-make-us-think-or-squeal-with-delight. They probably aren't necessary to the plot-line, maybe they're random and you do..."

Especially amusing considering Alyssa's Wonderlandian butterfly wings.

message 6: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments I am definitely going to have to reread Unhinged; I think I missed a lot of good Jeb while I was focusing far too much on Morph.

I can so see him biting his lip though :3

Probably noms rather fiercely on pencils as well hehe.

message 7: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments Katie wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Or in other words, those-little-things-about-the-characters-of-Splintered-that-make-us-think-or-squeal-with-delight. They probably aren't necessary to the plot-line, maybe they're ra..."

Haha I'm getting a kick out of this; miniature Morph and Alyssa having a pouting contest, with Alyssa telling Morpheus off for his flashiness as she flaps her wings and glitter covers the room ;)

message 8: by Katie (last edited Jul 27, 2014 05:45PM) (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Dahanci wrote: "I think Jeb bites his lip when he concentrates.

DON'T ASK ME WHY PLEASE.

I just love Morph's flashiness, though~

HE'S FABULOUSSSSS"

I could see that, actually.

message 9: by A.G. (last edited Jul 27, 2014 06:05PM) (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments *snorts* All of these are awesome. And I'm glad you like their style, @Katie! My daughter influenced a lot of them. I'd sometimes go and look through her closet for ideas. Also, I used to want to be a fashion designer, so I think that plays a huge role in all the fashion in my books (including Morph's). ;)

message 10: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments A.G. wrote: "*snorts* All of these are awesome. And I'm glad you like their style, @Katie! My daughter influenced a lot of them. I'd sometimes go and look through her closet for ideas. Also, I used to want to b..."

*Imagined scenario*

A.G.:*looking through closet*
Daughter: "...Mom, what are you doing?"
A.G.:"Looking for ideas for my book."
Daughter: O e

Then again, pretty much everyone in my family goes through my closet in search of extra clothes hangers, so I shouldn't talk :3

message 11: by Sydney (last edited Jul 27, 2014 07:13PM) (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments http://38.media.tumblr.com/aac8b258c5...

*cough* I'm just saying, I saw this and was like @_@
*whispers* Morpheus...

message 12: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments If Alyssa does end up with Jeb, I'd like to think she teases him by calling him "Jubjub."

...like the bird.

Jeb Jeb, jubjub. Anybody.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Katie wrote: "I like Alyssa and Jen's taste in gothic clothing. Her style helped me to explore my own gothic tastes more."

Cool! I started wearing make-up again because of this series. And a half-zipped up jacket (I really want a waistcoat). If I didn't already wear hats all the time, I would have started. Ditto the last sentence, but change "hats" to "my cloak".

Sydney wrote: "Katie wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Or in other words, those-little-things-about-the-characters-of-Splintered-that-make-us-think-or-squeal-with-delight. They probably aren't necessary to the plot-line, ma..."

Brill. I'm trying to giggle very quietly now.

Sydney wrote: "http://38.media.tumblr.com/aac8b258c5...

*cough* I'm just saying, I saw this and was like @_@ "If Morpheus had a line of humans to play dress..."

O.o Well then. . . .

message 14: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments ...Perhaps I should change my wording to something that sound less morbid .__.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Sydney wrote: "...Perhaps I should change my wording to something that sound less morbid .__."

I'm fine with it so long as every "human" in that line is Alyssa.

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Sydney wrote: "Katie wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Or in other words, those-little-things-about-the-characters-of-Splintered-that-make-us-think-or-squeal-with-delight. They probably aren't necessary to the plot-line, ma..."

lol I would love to see that.

message 17: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Sydney wrote: "http://38.media.tumblr.com/aac8b258c5...

*cough* I'm just saying, I saw this and was like @_@
*whispers* Morpheus..."

O.O

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments A.G. wrote: "*snorts* All of these are awesome. And I'm glad you like their style, @Katie! My daughter influenced a lot of them. I'd sometimes go and look through her closet for ideas. Also, I used to want to b..."

That's really cool. Your daughter must have really cool style.

message 19: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Oh my gosh, that dress is gorgeous!

message 20: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments I would love to see Morpheus playing with his wings when he's nervous. You know #Netherlingbodylanguage

Another thing I imagined:
Morpheus and Alyssa are having a quiet dinner (at her request) and while dining, a moth lands on Morpheus's nose. He looks at the moth and says:
- Hello, little one! Staring at my beauty?
Alyssa snorts. Morpheus takes the moth with one finger and whispers something to him. The moth goes to Alyssa's face and then flies away.
- What was that? - Alyssa touches her cheek.
- I'm giving you a kiss! - Morpheus smiles.

message 21: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Taelor is afraid of heights and sharp things. Why else ask Jeb to remove the peircing, LOL

Alyssa twirls her hair around her finger to concentrate, while Morph does it when he's tired, and I assume (view spoiler)
If you've ever seen anyone twirl their hair because they're tired... <3

I already made one up for Jeb... Um...
Jenara taps her foot when she's bored or about to lose her temper.

Ivory's eyebrows almost touch when shes thinking hard.

And because we've probably all forgotten him because he barely exists poor guy the Red King has a terrible sense of direction and likes sweets.

message 22: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments And yesssss #NetherlingBodyLanguage
Also #HandsinSkirt

message 23: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Nessy wrote: "Morpheus and Alyssa are having a quiet dinner (at her request) and while dining, a moth lands on Morpheus's nose. He looks at the moth and says:
- Hello, little one! Staring at my beauty?
Alyssa snorts. Morpheus takes the moth with one finger and whispers something to him. The moth goes to Alyssa's face and then flies away.
- What was that? - Alyssa touches her cheek.
- I'm giving you a kiss! - Morpheus smiles. "

Awww, moth kisses. That's so sweet. <3

message 24: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Haha. @Danhanci, those are great!

message 25: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments A.G. wrote: "Haha. @Danhanci, those are great!"

TY! And you should have put 'Morpheus sews' here LOL
We need more canon bits!

message 26: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments @Dahanci, good point! I'll paste that comment for canon:

Morph's harem of sprites makes his clothes, but he has a hand in them, too (he knows how to sew/design). And they're customized because he's too vain to wear anything anyone else would have. ;)

message 27: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments I don't know, but it would be cool if Grenadine has a board in her room that tells her the very important things. Like:
1. Your name is Grenadine.
2. You live in Wonderland.
3. You rule in the absence of Alyssa
4. You are friends with Ivory
5. Don't forhet to put your bows and listen to them!

message 28: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Nessy wrote: "I don't know, but it would be cool if Grenadine has a board in her room that tells her the very important things. Like:
3. You rule in the abse..."

That sounds awesome.
Or if she wrote it all on her arm in pen XD

(6. Morpheus is taken; you may not have sex with him no matter how hot he is)

message 29: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments Nessy wrote: "I would love to see Morpheus playing with his wings when he's nervous. You know #Netherlingbodylanguage

Morpheus and Alyssa are having a quiet dinner (at her request) and..."

Oh my goodness this is freaking adorable

message 30: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments @Nessy; I'm pretty sure I need a board like that.
Yep.
Definitely.

message 31: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments I'd like to think that Morpheus goes to (view spoiler) when he needs to be calmed immediately. There's just something in those eyes, in that demeanor so like his, and Alyssa's; Morpheus feels perfectly understood and is often found playing hide and seek when he's overwhelmed.

message 32: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments Sydney wrote: "Nessy wrote: "I would love to see Morpheus playing with his wings when he's nervous. You know #Netherlingbodylanguage

Morpheus and Alyssa are having a quiet dinner (at he..."

Awww thanks! I love how he is having a "quiet normal dinner" because she wanted to!

message 33: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments Sydney wrote: "I'd like to think that Morpheus goes to [spoilers removed] when he needs to be calmed immediately. There's just something in those eyes, in that demeanor so like his, and Alyssa's; Morpheus feels p..."

I`m dying around here! #ADORABLE

message 34: by Vanessa (last edited Jul 28, 2014 12:15PM) (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments Dahanci wrote: "Nessy wrote: "I don't know, but it would be cool if Grenadine has a board in her room that tells her the very important things. Like:
3. You ru..."

I think the board is better, because the ink will fade and she`ll forget to write it again! But Grenadine loves the Red King! And I think we should all write down that Morpheus is taken and we can`t have sex with him no matter what... You cracked me up with that, I lyied on the ground laughing like 5 minutes!

message 35: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments Dahanci wrote: "Nessy wrote: "I don't know, but it would be cool if Grenadine has a board in her room that tells her the very important things. Like:
3. You ru..."

Hmmmm, Morpheus is taken...I`m sure Ivory can tell us! Just kidding but they were lovers once so...SHE MAY SHARE EXPERIENCE WITH ALYSSA! OMG I`M WRITING THIS DOWN...

message 36: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments @Nessy;

Oh my goodness. Ivory taking Alyssa out somewhere against her will, and just being like *heavy sigh*.

"Now Alyssa, there are a few things you should know about Morpheus...*insert laughable, dramatic, or Alyssa-is-now-blushing-profusely details here*"

message 37: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments Sydney wrote: "@Nessy;

Oh my goodness. Ivory taking Alyssa out somewhere against her will, and just being like *heavy sigh*.

"Now Alyssa, there are a few things you should know about Morpheus...*insert laug..."

We need to team up and write a fanfiction for that. Please, may I be Ivory? In fact, I`m sending you a friend request right now!

message 38: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments Nessy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "@Nessy;

"Now Alyssa, there are a few things you should know about Morpheus..."

OoooOoOOooh.

Yes. How about lots of yes.
How does one write a fanfiction together; rather, how'd you like to do it? I'm all game. Wattpad? Via owl? Hnng? @_@

message 39: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments Sydney wrote: "Nessy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "@Nessy;

"Now Alyssa, there are a few things you should know ..."

Well, how about private Goodreads messages and then you copy the whole thing and post it somewhere and I do to and we just mention each other :) :)

message 40: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments Nessy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Nessy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "@Nessy;

"Now Alyssa, there are a few things y..."

Sounds good enough to me ^^

message 41: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments I want to see this happen.

*watches from sidelines*

message 42: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments Dahanci wrote: "I want to see this happen.

*watches from sidelines*"

I've already written Morpheus-has-teeth-and-likes-to-wrip-garters-of-and-kiss-legs AGHHH I'm hopeless halp me. Can't control myself.

message 43: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Sydney wrote: "Dahanci wrote: "I want to see this happen.

I've already written Morpheus-has-teeth-and-likes-to-wrip-garters-of-and-kiss-legs AGHHH I'm hopeless halp me. Can't control ..."

I read that. Someone pass me a tissue for my nosebleed, which probably creeped out my mom.

(I was sitting in the car reading it and I'm like asdfghjkl HOT and my mom probably read my thoughts O e)

message 44: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments *cries dramatically*

And I mean. To just. Contribute to this thread;

Morpheus is a hoarder. An almost hoarder. "But I NEED all of these moth corpses and sparkly thing" He's a magpie.

message 45: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Nessy wrote: "I would love to see Morpheus playing with his wings when he's nervous. You know #Netherlingbodylanguage

Morpheus and Alyssa are having a quiet dinner (at her request) and..."

Awwwww...

message 46: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Dahanci wrote: "Nessy wrote: "I don't know, but it would be cool if Grenadine has a board in her room that tells her the very important things. Like:
3. You ru..."

Well, idk about that. Ink smears...

message 47: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Dahanci wrote: "Taelor is afraid of heights and sharp things. Why else ask Jeb to remove the peircing, LOL

Alyssa twirls her hair around her finger to concentrate, while Morph does it when he's tired, and I assu..."

Jen and Ivory's traits there sound exactly on point.

message 48: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Nessy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Nessy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "@Nessy;

"Now Alyssa, there are a few things y..."

I definitely wanna see this fanfic.

message 49: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments Dahanci wrote: "I want to see this happen.

We are working on it!

message 50: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (netherling) | 170 comments If it was 2009 I think I'd make a lyric video for "Colorful Mind" by Broken Iris...of Alyssa and her choices @_@

Seriously though. Broken Iris.
x Forevermore
x Unfolding Time
x Colorful Mind

<3

« previous 1 3 4 5 6