What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Cat Found
This topic is about Cat Found
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book about feral cats who eventually get housed in a "cat city" made and run by volunteers. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Pearl Liao | 42 comments It's a a children's book, and I keep thinking of Varjak Paw when I'm trying to remember it, but I know it's not. At some point in the book a boy gets taken out hunting with his violent/obnoxious/Mr-Dursley-type father and get's given a gun. That man I think goes around shooting/hating feral cats with supporters. That boy shoots a pregnant white cat just as she's about to give birth - the cat manages to deliver 1 or 2 of her kits before she gives up and dies. There's a girl who near the end sells a lot of her artwork of cats that aren't all cute (I specifically remember there's one of a cat drowning and of abandonment in trying to raise awareness) and that happens near the mention of a run down chapel or church cats shelter in. There's eventually a sort of housing estate for feral cats. I keep thinking of Australia as well, but that might be because there was a thing I did in school about feral cats in Australia being put down and shot; it might be relevant might not. It's either set in Australia or more likely America, New York/urban place. I looked up Shadow Cats: Tales from New York City's Animal Underground by Janet Jensen but I'm not sure it's the one... I can't find a proper description of Shadow Cats anywhere! Please help it's been bugging me for ages! Thank you!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments How many years ago did you read this?
What genre? Coming-of-age, scifi, historical fiction, etc?

Anything about the cover?

Pearl Liao | 42 comments I read it about four, five years ago.
I can't remember the genre. I think it was Young Fiction.
Dark color, probably an urban area. That's all I can recall, sorry.

message 4: by caracal-eyes (last edited Aug 21, 2014 10:14PM) (new)

caracal-eyes | 134 comments Cat Found? Pretty sure this is it--according to the reviews, there's a pregnant cat who is shot and gives birth before dying, a father who takes his son cat-hunting, and a group of kids who decide to save the cats.
Cover looks like this:
Cat Found by Ingrid Lee

Pearl Liao | 42 comments caracal-eyes wrote: "Cat Found? Pretty sure this is it--according to the reviews, there's a pregnant cat who is shot and gives birth before dying, a father who takes his son cat-hunting, and a group of ..."

It looks a lot like it- thanks, I'll check it out!

Pearl Liao | 42 comments caracal-eyes wrote: "Cat Found? Pretty sure this is it--according to the reviews, there's a pregnant cat who is shot and gives birth before dying, a father who takes his son cat-hunting, and a group of ..."

YES YES IT IS THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cat Found (other topics)