Horror Aficionados discussion

Group Reads > August 2014 Group Read: Bird Box by Josh Malerman

Comments Showing 1-50 of 255 (255 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Bird Box won for the month of August.

Please be sure to use spoiler tags when necessary.

Discuss and enjoy~

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 71 comments Looking forward to this, been on my tbr pile for awhile!

message 3: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Amanda wrote: "Looking forward to this, been on my tbr pile for awhile!"

I hope it's worth the wait :)

message 4: by Paulina (new)

Paulina (littledreammer) | 21 comments Sounds like a entertaining book!
If I have it, I will join! :)

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 71 comments Me too :-)

After Bird Box I think I'm going to move onto the rest of the books in the August poll, and make August creature feature month!

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany King (tifking73) | 80 comments I'm in!!!

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany King (tifking73) | 80 comments Cool idea! I might do that too!!!

Amanda wrote: "Me too :-)

After Bird Box I think I'm going to move onto the rest of the books in the August poll, and make August creature feature month!"

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany King (tifking73) | 80 comments Amanda wrote: "Me too :-)

After Bird Box I think I'm going to move onto the rest of the books in the August poll, and make August creature feature month!"

It's done. I now have an August Creature 2014 Bookshelf!!!

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 71 comments Great idea!

message 10: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments That IS a great idea :)

message 11: by Coatesj (new)

Coatesj | 15 comments Creepy book

message 12: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10647 comments Mod
I'll be able to pick it up as soon as it's returned to my library. that is a good idea Amanda!

message 13: by Catster (new)

Catster Already got it on Kindle, can't wait :)

message 14: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 415 comments Looking forward to this one! I picked it up after Jon's review. :)

(shan) Littlebookcove (littlebookcove) | 137 comments going get this for my kobo tonight can't wait.

message 16: by K4tie (new)

K4tie (nonzombieleader) | 484 comments I'm in and ready, but won't start till next Friday. :)

message 17: by Kasia (new)

Kasia (kasia_s) | 2757 comments Mod
When I looked it up online, The Troop came up as well, so I'm very excited, got my book, cant wait to dig in :)

message 18: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I'm in!

message 19: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 434 comments I'm in too. I have it on the pc

message 20: by Kasia (new)

Addy wrote: "I'm in!"

Yay Addy, awesome.

message 21: by Kasia (new)

Monica wrote: "I'm in too. I have it on the pc"

I've read many books that way, once in the blue moon when work is slow.

message 22: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 434 comments Kasia: I don't like it too much, but if it's the only way sometimes I'll do it. :D

message 23: by Kasia (new)

I know what you mean, I agree hehe. But anytime I get to sneak some reading in, I'm happy.

message 24: by Meli (new)

Meli | 27 comments I just picked it up at my local library yesterday!

message 25: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 434 comments :)

message 26: by Walter (new)

Walter Spence (walterspence) | 573 comments Does your library offer some version of Interlibrary loan, Stacker? I now have the August pick on hold, was the only way I was able to borrow a copy of the July pick.

message 27: by Michele (new)

Michele Mai (maidink) | 13 comments Yay!! Our library system has eleven copies and three available. I just placed a hold now and hope to get it by Thursday at my local branch.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Going to get the book tomorrow after I'm done work. I am super stoked!

(shan) Littlebookcove (littlebookcove) | 137 comments I'm 68% in and so far I'm shocked. not going put spoilers in but this is a very addictive read.

message 30: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Moreno I'm in!! :)

message 31: by Mike (new)

Mike Wallace | -86 comments I finished Bird Box yesterday.

(shan) Littlebookcove (littlebookcove) | 137 comments it's like one of those books that totally keeps you on the edge of your seat. and really makes you think. I think I'm going be talking about this book for week's.

message 33: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (brandiec) | 229 comments Mike wrote: "I finished Bird Box yesterday."

Mike, did you read it on an e-reader and, if so, would you be willing to lend it to me? Our library doesn't have it, and $14.99 is more than I generally want to spend for a group read book.

If you are willing to lend it, just PM me, and I'll give you my e-mail address. Thanks.

message 34: by Mike (new)

Mike Wallace | -86 comments Hi Deborah. I belong to Audible, so I used one of my monthly credits to get the audio book. I'm not sure if it's sharable.
Deborah wrote: "Mike wrote: "I finished Bird Box yesterday."

Mike, did you read it on an e-reader and, if so, would you be willing to lend it to me? Our library doesn't have it, and $14.99 is more than I general..."

message 35: by Jason (new)

Jason Parent | 741 comments This one does sound fantastic. I'll try to speed up my other commitments. But if not, I would still love to hear what you all think of it.

message 36: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 2888 comments Just ordered my copy, I'm in!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I just came back from the book store and spend over $50. My gawd I have an addiction... but I did get the book :p. SUCCESS!

message 38: by Jia (new)

Jia Zhu | 8 comments My very first group read ever, quite excited:)

message 39: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 2888 comments Just got an notice that my copy has shipped, I hope I receive before I leave for vacation on Friday... If not, I may be a little late on the discussion. This looks like a good one.

message 40: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 434 comments It's my first one too!

message 41: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Read the first chapter. Very good start.

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 71 comments I feel the same, about an hour and half in on audible and enjoying it greatly. Can't wait to go to bed tonight is I can listen to more of it. The tension is already creeping in, and I'm enjoying the way it's flipping between the 2 timelines.

message 43: by Coatesj (new)

Coatesj | 15 comments Read it cover to cover in one night. So enjoyable, so creepy.

message 44: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 434 comments thanks!

message 45: by Latasha (new)

I'm going to get mine today! I look forward to starting this book. everyone seems to like it.

message 46: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 434 comments I started it too and I am super intrigued. What's happening!?

message 47: by Latasha (new)

Ohh! That sounds fun!

message 48: by Jia (new)

Jia Zhu | 8 comments Finished!
Considering how little we actually *see* throughout the whole book, I think the author has really achieved something very special here!

message 49: by Michele (new)

Michele Mai (maidink) | 13 comments Getting my copy tonight at the library. I can't wait! I told everyone in work and they were like, "You're that excited to go to the library for a book?" I gave a rather over enthusiastic "YES!"

message 50: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (brandiec) | 229 comments Does anyone who's finished the book have a lendable ebook? I really want to read this one, but I'm still balking at the $14.99 price tag, especially since I rarely reread books.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6