What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Elisabeth: The Princess Bride, Austria - Hungary, 1853
This topic is about Elisabeth
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. tomboyish little sister is asked to marry the prince that her big sister was supposed to marry [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jesse (last edited Jul 26, 2014 07:15AM) (new)

Jesse Freedom (neigh) | 246 comments I am looking for a book I read 7-9 years ago. In this book, a tomboyish little sister travels with her mother and older sister to meet a prince that the older sister is going to marry, but he decides that he wants to marry the younger sister instead. The cover has a picture of the girl riding her horse and I think that this was kids chapter book or novella.

message 2: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2108 comments What year did you read it 1990? Late 1990s? Etc.

Your keyword should be marry not merry?

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1056 comments I think I've read this one. It's about a real princess,and I believe the name of the one that married the prince was Elizabeth. I think she was from Austria. It's one of a series of hardcover books about real princesses, such as Victoria, Cleopatra, etc. I'll try to find the name of the series when I go to the library next.

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1056 comments Okay, my husband found it. It's (I think) Elisabeth: The Princess Bride, Austria-Hungary, 1853 by Barry DenenbergElisabeth: The Princess Bride, Austria - Hungary, 1853

message 5: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Freedom (neigh) | 246 comments That's it! Thank you!

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1056 comments You're welcome.