YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Since You've Been Gone
This topic is about Since You've Been Gone
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - Restarting March 13th 2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 191 (191 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84165 comments Mod
The Pre-Sloane Emily didn't go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn't do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just... disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try... unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough.Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait... what?

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um...

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson will be our first guided buddy read for August 2014.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

message 3: by Mei (new) - added it

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments This, I'll be joining! :)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) I'm so excited for this!

message 5: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments I'll join! :)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Starting now!

Chapter 2 - This is quite boring so far. :(

I've still not started ☹

Chapter 4 - (view spoiler)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Starting now

I think I'm up to chapter 7 now, but it's not that great.

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) I'm about to start chapter four... It's alright hoping it gets a lot better

Abbie wrote: "Chapter 4 - [spoilers removed]"

That wasn't very nice for her!

chapter 2 (view spoiler)

chapter 3 (view spoiler)

chapter 6 (view spoiler)

Sarah wrote: "chapter 2 [spoilers removed]

chapter 3 [spoilers removed]

chapter 6 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

The end (view spoiler)

message 17: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments I'm going to start this one tomorrow, if I get time. :) Its pretty popular so my fingers are crossed that this is good. :)

Abbie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "chapter 2 [spoilers removed]

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Managed to sneak a bit of reading in, so i've finished. Can't say i'm impressed with it though.

Sarah wrote: "Abbie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "chapter 2 [spoilers removed]

[spoilers removed]"
"
"..."

(view spoiler)

Abbie wrote: "Managed to sneak a bit of reading in, so i've finished. Can't say i'm impressed with it though."

It was way too long for the amount of stuff that happened. I gave it a 3.

Sarah wrote: "Abbie wrote: "Managed to sneak a bit of reading in, so i've finished. Can't say i'm impressed with it though."

It was way too long for the amount of stuff that happened. I gave it a 3."

Yep, the things that did happen was so dragged out that they turned dull.

I rated it 2.5

Connie (faeriewings) I'm a tad busy this weekend, but on Monday/Tuesday I'll definitely be starting this book! I've only read like five pages so far haha, the narrator seems nice, but it hasn't grabbed my attention yet. It's only five pages though, hopefully it gets better~

I know what you mean, it didn't really grab you at the beginning.

message 25: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Abbie wrote: "Chapter 4 - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 26: by rachel ☾ (last edited Aug 04, 2014 01:50AM) (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "chapter 2 [spoilers removed]

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

message 27: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "The end [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachel wrote: "Sarah wrote: "chapter 2 [spoilers removed]

[spoilers removed]

[spoilers removed]

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 29: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments End - (view spoiler)

message 30: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Oh, and did anyone have a review copy of this??

message 31: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Sarah wrote: "chapter 2 [spoilers removed]

[spoilers removed]

[spoilers removed]

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachel wrote: "Oh, and did anyone have a review copy of this??"

Nope ☹

message 33: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Oh okay. Never mind. :)

message 34: by Hannelore (new) - added it

Hannelore (stronghandstoholdgoodfriends) | 309 comments Starting now :)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Oh forgot to post I finished it. Have it three stars

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Me and Tati will be reading this on March 23rd, can the mods please change the date? :)

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting March 23rd 2015. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 39: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments Excited for this one!

Hope you guys like this one, we had it as GBR previously but I thought it a bit slow.

message 41: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Just got this. Hopefully I'll have time to participate.

Brittani Allen | 403 comments I'm reading this a bit early. Hope that's ok :) I love Morgan matsons writing so I'm excited for this one. Been wanting to read it for a WHILE

message 43: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments It's okay, I won't be able to start just yet, as I'm reading something else at the moment

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Hi guys.. I'd love to join you :)

message 45: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments I'm at 6% and already questioning my decision to read this...

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I'm about 21% and feeling the same.. I mean I don't hate it but I don't love it either. I'm feeling very blah about it

message 47: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Eh, hopefully I like it. You guys are starting to worry me. I haven't started it yet.

message 48: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments I don't think I'll be finishing it

Brittani Allen | 403 comments Omg that Playlist is perfect! I'm adding all those songs to a running Playlist on my ipod! country and 80s pop are my favorite! it's like it was made for me :)

Brittani Allen | 403 comments I like it so far.. it's making me miss my best friend lol. sorry you guys aren't enjoying it

« previous 1 3 4