Public Domain Readers discussion

The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes, #4)
This topic is about The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
Group Book Discussions Archives > The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes - Apr 2018 discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sawako | 493 comments Mod
Welcome to the April read for our 2018 Sherlock Holmes Challenge.

The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes was first published in 1894.

Feel free to read the book or listen to its audio.

We only have one thread per book. So, please put all spoilers in the spoiler tags.

Thanks. And Happy Reading.

message 2: by Azuma-chan (new)

Azuma-chan | 49 comments I'm not sure where else to write this, but I'm so sad to announce that I can't do the challenge for this month. I'm a little behind in everything cause we're moving. Just kept the reading checked with something light.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to write, you can delete it later.

Don't mind that. And I'm so sorry to hear about your moving.

Anyway, this is a yearly challenge. You can come back to it when everything is okay with you. I hope it will be very soon!!!

I'll always pray for your happiness. Stay strong.

message 4: by Azuma-chan (new)

Azuma-chan | 49 comments Thank you dear, the next month's book will be for sure and I'll make up for this one as well.

You're welcome. I hope everything is okay with you now. I look forward to reading the next book with you. Sure. Insha'Allah, you can read it in October or even earlier than that.

Insha'Allah, I'm going to start reading it tomorrow.

I forget to make a thread. I've made it now. You can find it here

We haven't read The Valley of Fear yet.

message 7: by Stacy (new) - added it

Stacy | 43 comments Thanks Sawako! I can just copy my above message there and delete this one. I will go ahead and read "The Valley of Fear" and I guess one way or another slowly catch up to the group. : )

message 8: by Azuma-chan (new)

Azuma-chan | 49 comments Just finished reading the book, it had many wonderful cases but my favorites are, the second one: The Yellow Face and the last one; The Final problem.

I loved the motherhood love in the first story and the second, obviously because of the movie which was fascinating and I had to read the original. With reading this, I finished the Sherlock Holmes series challenge for this year. Hooray!

Congratulations, Azuma! 🎉🎉🎉 Those are my favorites too!

By the way, Have you watched Detective Conan: Phantom of Paker Street? There was a reference to The Final Problem there.

message 10: by Azuma-chan (new)

Azuma-chan | 49 comments Thank you, it was a fun series and I don’t mind re-reading it. Oh yeah, when I was reading this story, I did remember that reference - but I have to watch the movie again to remember what they were saying clearly cause it’s been a long time since I saw it.

Azuma-chan wrote: "Thank you, it was a fun series and I don’t mind re-reading it. Oh yeah, when I was reading this story, I did remember that reference - but I have to watch the movie again to remember what they were..."

You're most welcome! That's okay! I happened to read The Final Problem before rewatching Detective Conan.