Public Domain Readers discussion

The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, #5)
This topic is about The Hound of the Baskervilles
Group Book Discussions Archives > The Hound of the Baskervilles - 2018 discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sawako | 493 comments Mod
Please share what you think of the characters and story for The Hound of the Baskervilles

We only have one thread per book. So, please put all spoilers in the spoiler tags.

Thanks. And Happy Reading.

Azuma-chan | 49 comments I finished reading the book one week ago and I have to say that there were two main elements that amused me. First was Dr. Watson's own space and talent. I almost couldn't believe it when he told about a person by his hat only just like what Holmes does.

Second, the supernatural element. It immediately reminded me with Ahmad Tawfiq's series, where sometimes to goes to proof to people that these are just man-made founded to take advantage from the. I did gave it 4 stars but I'm really interested in seeing this story in action. I read in wiki they made more than one movie based on the book. Even Japan made one. It should be fun to watch.

I'm so happy you liked the book. I haven't reread the book. I hope I will soon.

Did you know that one of Detective Conan's cases is based on the book as well?

I don't remember which episodes it was but I do know the manga chapters (chapters 734 - 740).

Azuma-chan | 49 comments Now that’s really interesting. Adaptions are fun. Does the live action series has this story as well?!

message 5: by Stacy (new) - added it

Stacy | 43 comments I just finished reading "The Hound of the Baskervilles" (in the Sherlock Holmes Collection)... I saw it was one of the group reads for this month but could not find the thread for the book to post to. It was the 4th or 5th time I had read it (I have lost count-- I first read it over 30 years ago in school), but it was still fresh to me, and I especially liked revisiting the book now that I am older and my perspective has changed a bit. The next book in the collection is "Valley of Fear" (not sure if the group has done it yet), but I won't skip around in the book as it would get too confusing to me.

Azuma-chan wrote: "Now that’s really interesting. Adaptions are fun. Does the live action series has this story as well?!"

Do you mean the anime or the one with real actors? I know about the anime. I searched for it. They start from episode 610.

Azuma-chan | 49 comments Sawako wrote: "Azuma-chan wrote: "Now that’s really interesting. Adaptions are fun. Does the live action series has this story as well?!"

Do you mean the anime or the one with real actors? I know about the anime..."

I meant the real actor one. WOW! So detective conan has it as well. That's cool.