What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Girl, Stolen (Girl, Stolen #1)
This topic is about Girl, Stolen
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Brutal kidnapping at very beginning (trigger warning). [s]

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grey (new)

Grey Klee (variegatedspoonie) So I'll provide all I can remember but I warn you it isn't a lot... thanks for taking the time to read...

The version of the book I found had yellow tape across the cover with something like "do not read" written on it... at the very beginning of the book this woman is... jogging? and a car pulls up beside her and she is very brutally attacked and kidnapped... I don't remember a thing past that except I saw it in the library in *maybe* the YA section years ago, but hadn't wanted to check it out out of embaressment and have never been able to find it since.

Oh and this is not Pretty Girl-13 that I am thinking of... though I haven't been able to actually get myself to read that one yet... so I could be wrong...

Thanks!

message 2: by Grey (new)

Grey Klee (variegatedspoonie) * version of the cover of the book

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Mar 29, 2018 01:19PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Shakespeare's Counselor possibly? With this cover Shakespeare's Counselor (Lily Bard, #5) by Charlaine Harris . It's not an exact match, but that happens to the MC in this series. In this book, she is going through counseling and the whole things comes up, I believe. (view spoiler) If that matches what you remember and this ISN'T the book, you could check the rest of the series and see if maybe one of them (with a cover that doesn't show up right away) was the book. But these would have been in the mystery, not YA section. But I find it kind of hard to believe that what you were describing was in the YA section, since parents would have been picketing and suing that library right and left if it had been.

message 4: by Grey (new)

Grey Klee (variegatedspoonie) I don't think that is it?

Justanotherbiblophile | 1756 comments What does '*tw*' mean?

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2079 comments "Title wanted"?

message 7: by Grey (new)

Grey Klee (variegatedspoonie) trigger warning

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
What is a "trigger Warning?

message 9: by Andria (last edited Apr 02, 2018 03:25PM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
"trigger warning: A statement at the start of a piece of writing, video, etc. alerting the reader or viewer to the fact that it contains potentially distressing material (often used to introduce a description of such content)"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/def...

message 10: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1208 comments Approximately how many years ago did you see this?

message 11: by Grey (new)

Grey Klee (variegatedspoonie) Thanks for the definition, sorry I've been ill and didn't get on to see it.

I would imagine it is somewhere between 10 and 15 years??? I have memory problems for my childhood but it had to have been middle school or high school I saw this at the library... I'm 25 now.

message 12: by Andria (new)

message 13: by Grey (new)

Grey Klee (variegatedspoonie) Andria wrote: "Girl, Stolen? Girl, Stolen by April Henry"

I very well could be mistaking how the MC got kidnapped... this very well could be the book I am thinking of...

Either way I am going to leave this conversation (or put it into the solved folder). Thank you everyone for their help!!!

Miss.Always.Reading.Books (missilovereadingbooks) | 51 comments Hi. Just to let you know there is also a sequel to Girl, Stolen.
It's called Count All Her Bones: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Mads wrote: "Andria wrote: "Girl, Stolen? Girl, Stolen by April Henry"

I very well could be mistaking how the MC got kidnapped... this very well could be the book I am thinking of...

Eithe..."