What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Promises to Keep
This topic is about Promises to Keep
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fictional book on Kennedys with alternate family name (Cassidy?). [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (yogibethc) | 17 comments Years ago, I read a book that was very closely based on the Kennedy story, including the assassination. The only real difference was the name of the family--it was a similar Irish name, something like Cassidy (but I can't find a book with that name).

Can anyone help?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
"Years ago" - meaning 5 years? 30 years?
Author female or male?
Remember the cover?

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth (yogibethc) | 17 comments Sorry that I didn't provide enough details! I would say probably around the mid-90s, so quite a few years ago. ;) I am guessing that the author was probably male. And I don't remember the cover--I think it had the name of the family (e.g., "The Cassidys") in large type over a dark background, maybe gray.

message 4: by Kym (new)

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth (yogibethc) | 17 comments KYM--that's it!!! :) I was right about the family in the book being The Cassidys but wrong about that being the title. Looks like it was originally published in the late 80s, which makes sense if I read it in the early to mid-90s (I was thinking when I was in graduate school, and that would be the right time frame.)

Thanks so much! I want to re-read it.

message 6: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments That’s great Beth :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Promises to Keep (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

George Bernau (other topics)