What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Baba Yaga and Vasilisa the Brave
This topic is about Baba Yaga and Vasilisa the Brave
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's picture book about a witch with sharp teeth (Spoiler) [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (new)

Jane | 3 comments This was a picture book and I think it also had a CD that you can play while you read along. I read this book almost about 8 years ago. The beginning was very similar to Cinderella's story. A girl had a new family, but they did not get along. One day, the light went out in the the house, so the Step-mom told the girl to get a light from the witch's house. I might be remembering this part wrong but the light she had to carry was a skull or something. Also, I think I saw a picture of the Step-mom with the sharp teeth, which meant she was also one of the witch? The cover had color black and green. Sorry this is all I can remember. If anyone knows or remember something about the book, please tell me! Thank you.

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige | 664 comments The story is Vasilisa the Beautiful. I don't know which version you read though.

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane | 3 comments Paige wrote: "The story is Vasilisa the Beautiful. I don't know which version you read though."
Omg thank you so much! I am happy I at least got to know the name of the original story!

message 4: by Jane (last edited Mar 24, 2018 06:37PM) (new)

Jane | 3 comments The version I read was called Baba Yaga and Vasilisa the Brave and it's a picture book by Marianna Mayer. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...

message 5: by Paige (last edited Mar 24, 2018 06:42PM) (new)

Paige | 664 comments Baba Yaga and Vasilisa the Brave

Glad you found your book :)