What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Secret Sacrament
This topic is about Secret Sacrament
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fantasy, religious fiction, read probably before 2007, not too old, thick heavy paperback, first person narrator, mysterious disease/famine, some kind of journey narrative, Celtic myth tie-ins?, spoilers. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (last edited May 28, 2018 08:00AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Kate | 5 comments I thought for a bit tonight that it might be the Song of Seare series, but a 2014 publishing date I'm pretty sure was too late. It had some kind of cover art, always reminded me of the 2003 HarperTeen Abhorsen cover for some reason. Similar art style? Some guy or girl in white robes standing on a hill staring nobly out into the distance.

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Kate (new) - rated it 1 star

Kate | 5 comments Bumping since it's been about 2 months :-)

message 3: by Kris (last edited May 28, 2018 05:57PM) (new)

Kris | 33271 comments Mod
Similar cover art style mentioned by Kate: Abhorsen (Abhorsen, #3) by Garth Nix

Song of Seare series mentioned by Kate

Can you tell us more about the main character - his age, job/interests, skills/powers/weapons, goal, rich/poor, family/friends, etc.? What are the religious aspects of the story?

Location - realistic/urban, medieval fantasy, unique fantasy world, etc.?

message 5: by Kris (new)

Here is Amazon's "Look Inside" preview of Secret Sacrament by Sherryl Jordan - SBC's suggestion - https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Sacrame...
There's a map and list of characters at the beginning. There are different cover images.

message 6: by Kate (last edited Sep 07, 2020 08:58PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Kate | 5 comments Kris and SBC, thank you! It's been 2 years and I gave up on this post after bumping it the first time, but you were right-I do believe it was Secret Sacrament, with an older cover from 2003.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Great. Glad you found your book, Kate. Props to SBC for the find.