Horror Aficionados discussion

Novels > Zombie books that are not dystopian post apocalyptic

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marsha (new)

Marsha James | 3 comments Hi, I'm new here.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend zombie books that are not dystopian? It seems like every book I search for is a post apocalyptic type and I'm just not interested in that yet. I'm looking for something like Jonathan Maberry Joe Ledger Patient Zero. However, I don't really see much military/spec ops horror books where they secretly hunt monsters and most of the world is unaware. I have read Seal Team 666 and Monster Hunter International Series by Larry Correia, but haven't been able to find any others. Any recs would be helpful.

message 2: by WendyB (new)

WendyB  | 2970 comments Mod
Have you read Maberry's Dead of Night or Rot & Ruin series? Both are great and if you read enough of his books you'll see they start to come together into one vast storyline. It's pretty amazing.

message 3: by Marsha (new)

Marsha James | 3 comments Dead of Night I never noticed, I'll put it on my list of books to read, however Rot and Ruin I did take a look at but it appears to be post apocalypse and I'm not interested in those at the moment. Thanks

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 23, 2018 04:48PM) (new)

The Mammoth Book of Zombies if you like short stories this book is a fav of mine.

and I have this on my tbr Book of the Dead "There was a collection of stories called Book of the Dead, in which horror and science-fiction writers came together and wrote short stories about what was happening to other people on that first night (as depicted) in Night of the Living Dead."

message 5: by Marsha (new)

Marsha James | 3 comments Thanks Corinne, I'll go read up on these :)

Mixofsunandcloud | 539 comments If you liked Jonathan Maberry, his Pine Deep trilogy has zombies in a Small Town horror context rather than dystopian post-apocalyptic.

Ghost Road Blues First book in the set.

Aside from that I don't know many. I'm at the point where the word Zombie shows up, or even a Z where there shouldn't be one, and I lose interest.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael || TheNeverendingTBR (theneverendingtbrpile) | 265 comments My thoughts of Wet Work by Philip Nutman

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Check out this zombie novel.