Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Esther (new)

Esther  (estame) | 37 comments Mod
Are you looking forward to this one?

message 2: by Kati (new)

Kati (rivvie) YES!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I have never read anything by David Mitchell although I have Cloud Atlas on my iPad. I think I am intimidated by his intellect and writing style.

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia (quatschmitsauce) I bet with myself that Kati would be the first one to respond here. I was right! Suck it, me. Also yay, me, good for you. I might be talking to myself... Time for more coffee.

message 5: by Kati (new)

Kati (rivvie) You know me so well, Julia. I haven't even checked the rest of the list properly and would read The Bone Clocks regardless of it being part of the longlist.

message 6: by Esther (new)

Sadly, Sceptre have said that they aren't bringing the release forward. Still first week of September.

message 7: by Trudie (new)

Trudie (trudieb) Oh yes I love Mitchell - although The Thousand Autumns I started and for some reason never returned to

message 8: by Kati (new)

Kati (rivvie) Damn. I'll wait for September, will find another book of interest from the longlist meanwhile.

message 9: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes (mercysbookishmusings) | 1 comments Literally my most anticipated release since the last HP!!! So so excited :D

message 10: by Myriam (new)

Myriam (ofbooksnmore) The fact that you're so excited is making me look forward to it! :) I've never read anything by David Mitchell!

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (mybookworld2) I've never read David Mitchell before either. Really looking forward to reading this book, hopefully in Sept when it is released.

message 12: by Kirat Pawar (new)

Kirat Pawar (theobsessivecompulsivereader) | 7 comments Finished this day before yesterday and completely blown away!! Brilliant book!

message 13: by Lynecia (new)

Lynecia (luvnecia) Put this on pre-order! It will be my first David Mitchell and I hope I'm not disappointed.

message 14: by Esther (new)

Kirat wrote: "Finished this day before yesterday and completely blown away!! Brilliant book!"

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It makes me even more eager to get my hands on it when it is released!

message 15: by Darklittle (new)

Darklittle | 12 comments Must read! Why are there so many giveaways for this one in the US and almost none in Europe?? September is still way too far away.

message 16: by Darklittle (new)

Darklittle | 12 comments Kirat wrote: "Finished this day before yesterday and completely blown away!! Brilliant book!"

Envy!! :D

message 17: by Kirat Pawar (new)

Kirat Pawar (theobsessivecompulsivereader) | 7 comments Hey guys, I just posted a review of The Bone Clocks! You can check it out here:

http://youtu.be/4KETJYr7J44

message 18: by Esther (new)

Kirat, we are all so incredibly jealous of you, but I'm glad at least one person in the group has a copy. The book sounds great, so very David Mitchell and I can't wait! Thanks for sharing your review :-)

message 19: by Kirat Pawar (new)

Kirat Pawar (theobsessivecompulsivereader) | 7 comments You're welcome! I'm sure everyone is jealous, and it makes me feel bad for getting joy out of it! ;)

message 20: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Kirat,
Thanks for posting your review; it convinced me I want to read this even though I have not read David Mitchell before.

message 21: by Darklittle (new)

Darklittle | 12 comments Thanks for your review Kirat! Three more weeks to go :D

message 22: by Neil (new)

Neil David Mitchell is one of my favourite authors (possibly my favourite?) so I am really looking forward to this in a few weeks.

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (reddress) | 2 comments Great review Kirat, I haven't yet managed to read any David Mitchell but I'm really looking forward to the release of The Bone Clocks now.

message 24: by Darklittle (new)

Darklittle | 12 comments Hm. I just finished reading Bone Clocks last night and I'm a bit disappointed. In my opinion, about 300 out of 600 pages were quite boring and didn't really add to the main plot, or what I thought was the main plot. Too bad, because I really liked the main idea of the book. I'll write a full review in the upcoming days.

message 25: by Neil (new)

Neil Darklittle - for me, it is always fascinating to see the different reactions people have to books. I am up to about page 400 and can safely say I have loved every single one of them so far! But, I guess that what makes reading such fun - how boring would it be if we all liked the same books!