Pakistani Readers discussion

Updates > #CurrentlyReading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 125 (125 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
Post your thoughts & opinions about your current read here and discuss it with other members. :) *Avoid Spoilers

message 2: by Shelina (new)

Shelina S Z  | 1 comments I have just written a novel called, "Nairobi Days" about a Muslim girl that falls in love with a Hindu boy. The novel is set in Kenya. More information about the novel is on Goodreads. Please contact me if you are interested in writing a review.

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 4 comments I'm reading the Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien currently. It's going good so far! Started out nice and exciting now there is suspense already through the second chapter. Love how the people are reacting to the coming change...

message 4: by Ahmed (new)

Ahmed Mustafa (theahmedmustafa) | 1 comments "12 Rules of Life : An atidote to Chaos" by Jordan Peterson. My admiration for that man's intellect and wisdom can hardly be overstated. Almost halfway by now. If you don't know him, you MUST find your time and watch "Jordan Peterson and Cathy Newman" interview on You Tube. That's as perfect of an introduction to that man as it gets!

message 5: by Rubina (new)

Rubina Mushtaq (drrubina1) | 6 comments Shelina wrote: "I have just written a novel called, "Nairobi Days" about a Muslim girl that falls in love with a Hindu boy. The novel is set in Kenya. More information about the novel is on Goodreads. Please conta..."

Tell me how to write reviews for your book

message 6: by Sheeba (last edited Apr 06, 2018 02:42AM) (new)

Sheeba I am currently reading "Sapiens: A brief History of Humankind" by Yuval Noah Harari. This is surely one of those books that changes your outlook forever. It doesn't matter if you are familiar with history, biology or evolution, this book is a wonderful amalgamation of all these and traces the journey of humankind from hunter-gatherer to a civilized society. I recommend this book to everyone.

message 7: by Shahmir (new)

Shahmir Afzal (theaveragerush) | 26 comments Reading The Raven Cycle Book 1.

message 8: by Bia (new)

Bia Ahmed (bia-ahmed) | 5 comments Reading 7 habits of highly effective teens by Sean covey and finding it so helpful! An easy to follow guide told in a friendly tone.

message 9: by Aakash (new)

Bia wrote: "Reading 7 habits of highly effective teens by Sean covey and finding it so helpful! An easy to follow guide told in a friendly tone."

its a lovely book n guide really helps if followed well.

i am reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern,its about magicians... read like 1/3, so far its awesome.

message 10: by Bia (new)

Bia Ahmed (bia-ahmed) | 5 comments I want to just highlight the whole book based on how much valuable information I'm getting from each and every page!

I've read The Night Circus. It's such a lovely book full of peculiar and amazing characters (with tsukiko being my favourite) but I was not satisfied with the ending though. Ah, I'm not going to to spoil it for you! :D

message 11: by Cyra (new)

Cyra | 7 comments Reading Kate Daniels book 8 by Ilona Andrews. So far so good.

message 12: by Waqar (new)

Waqar Ahmed (waqarahmedno) | 4 comments Reading White Noise by D2.

message 13: by Tehreem (new)

Tehreem (tjmalik) Bia wrote: "I want to just highlight the whole book based on how much valuable information I'm getting from each and every page!

I've read The Night Circus. It's such a lovely book full of peculiar and amazin..."

i liked the idea of The Night Circus, got a copy after looking for a whole year but i was disappointed with the end as well.Also i feel the writer could have handled the story in a better way i felt there was no continuity in the the book. The whole book was so stretched out but the end was so abrupt. i was disappointed after reading that book

message 14: by Tehreem (last edited Apr 12, 2018 12:06PM) (new)

Tehreem (tjmalik) Just finished Dehli by Heart by Raza Rumi. it is an amazing books that deals with history, culture, food and politics in such a comprehensive manner that it is amazing 300+ pages can hold so much information.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I am reading this one nowadays
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...

message 16: by Nigham (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments Maria wrote: "I'm reading the Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien currently. It's going good so far! Started out nice and exciting now there is suspense already through the second ch..."

I started it too, last year and haven't finished yet, got busy and now I guess I'd have to start reading it again. There is soooo soooooo much more than movies. I find prose really annoying sometimes, what do you think of them?

message 17: by Nigham (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments Reading The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani these days, it's fantasy and author has drawn parallels not only to the Grimm brothers' works, but also to Harry Potter series. It's going good so far.

message 18: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 4 comments Honestly, it drags a bit sometimes (SO MUCH DESCRIPTION) but the writing is beautiful and the themes are intriguing. You should continue it! If you keep going, it gets interesting.

message 19: by Nigham (last edited Apr 13, 2018 11:13AM) (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments Maria wrote: "Honestly, it drags a bit sometimes (SO MUCH DESCRIPTION) but the writing is beautiful and the themes are intriguing. You should continue it! If you keep going, it gets interesting."

I know right! But YES Tolkein was hell of an intelligent person. His work is extra ordinary. To be honest he reminds me of Gregor Johann Mendel (yes, the father of genetics... traits... inheritance...) whose work was ignored for 34 years and was widely recognized after his death, haha.

Will start reading asap. :)

message 20: by Rubina (new)

Rubina Mushtaq (drrubina1) | 6 comments Nigham wrote: "Maria wrote: "Honestly, it drags a bit sometimes (SO MUCH DESCRIPTION) but the writing is beautiful and the themes are intriguing. You should continue it! If you keep going, it gets interesting."

..."

Hi all, Do we from Pakistan could write reviews to earn free books or few bucks from authors?

message 21: by Maha (new)

Maha (mahaintakhabalam) | 3 comments I'm reading a classic, The Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.

message 22: by Nigham (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments Rubina wrote: "Nigham wrote: "Maria wrote: "Honestly, it drags a bit sometimes (SO MUCH DESCRIPTION) but the writing is beautiful and the themes are intriguing. You should continue it! If you keep going, it gets ..."

Yes you can. About 'bucks' I ain't sure, but yes you can get free ARC in return of an honest review.

message 23: by Nigham (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments Maha wrote: "I'm reading a classic, The Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson."

Movie is better or book?

message 24: by Saira (new)

Saira | 1 comments "Hour Game" by David Baldacci

message 25: by Fahad (new)

Fahad Khan | 10 comments Finished reading Anna Karenina willread next Viktor Frankl: Man’s Search for Meaning

message 26: by Fahad (new)

Fahad Khan | 10 comments Ahmed wrote: ""12 Rules of Life : An atidote to Chaos" by Jordan Peterson. My admiration for that man's intellect and wisdom can hardly be overstated. Almost halfway by now. If you don't know him, you MUST find ..."

Big fan of Jordan peterson and have been following his lectures for a long time. He made a huge influence on my life and how i view the world. I am currently reading all books from his book list https://jordanbpeterson.com/reading-l...

message 27: by Rubina (new)

Rubina Mushtaq (drrubina1) | 6 comments Nigham please guide

message 28: by Arsalan (new)

Arsalan | 6 comments Reading Origin by Dan Brown

message 29: by Ushnaa (new)

Ushnaa I Just started Love in the time of cholera

message 30: by Maha (new)

Maha (mahaintakhabalam) | 3 comments Nigham wrote: "Maha wrote: "I'm reading a classic, The Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson."

Movie is better or book?"

Idk..haven't seen the movie(sorry not a movie person here), and I've only just started the book.

message 31: by Aakash (new)

Arsalan wrote: "Reading Origin by Dan Brown"

How is going? Have you read The Da Vinci Code? I want to read these two books.

message 32: by Uzair (new)

Uzair | 1011 comments For the past week I've been reading this great book.
Affectionately known as Bio ki Kitab.
Yes.Reading Slumps and Exams go hand in hand.

message 33: by Bilal (last edited Apr 21, 2018 07:42AM) (new)

Bilal Taibzada | 406 comments I'm currently reading the chronicles of christomanci the first two books but I'm stuck in the book (cliché,you know what I mean) and don't want to read anymore but I'm still shocked how my favorite author(Diana Wynne Jones) made such utter crap.

But i have to un haul a lot of books and pass it to other readers because my shelf is full to the brim (I'm planning on buying a bigger shelf next week) so i had to read it as it was on the shelf for over 2 years now and i still hadn't read it

message 34: by Bilal (last edited Apr 21, 2018 07:49AM) (new)

Bilal Taibzada | 406 comments I just searched the book up

it was made in the 70's so.......

but the cool thing i found about it is that this book that i have is the one that was published back in the old days (70's)

which makes it limited edition

Im having second thoughts about un hauling this specific book:

P.s if ur wondering how i have such an old book is because i buy most of my books from a store that smuggles books(that's an actual thing) from the us and Europe

so it was already in bad shape but I till bought it (lucky me)

message 35: by Arsalan (new)

Arsalan | 6 comments Aakash wrote: "Arsalan wrote: "Reading Origin by Dan Brown"

How is going? Have you read The Da Vinci Code? I want to read these two books."

So far good, I have watched movie on The Da Vinci Code didn't read.

message 36: by Rubina (new)

Rubina Mushtaq (drrubina1) | 6 comments Arsalan wrote: "Aakash wrote: "Arsalan wrote: "Reading Origin by Dan Brown"

So far good, I have watched movie on The Da Vinci Code ..."

Arsalan wrote: "Aakash wrote: "Arsalan wrote: "Reading Origin by Dan Brown"

So far good, I have watched movie on The Da Vinci Code ..."
its extremely good

message 37: by Huda (new)

Huda (hudakhalid) | 2 comments I just started reading "Ice-candy man" by Bapsi Sadhwa.

message 38: by Habib (new)

Habib Hassan (habibhassan_) Do you guys read non fic?

message 39: by Waqar (new)

Waqar Ahmed | 12 comments Huda wrote: "I just started reading "Ice-candy man" by Bapsi Sadhwa."

That is a great book. A really engrossing novel on Partition especially those chapters about the violence are extremely well-written. I read the book several years ago but those few pages where Sidhwa describes the violence are still fresh in my memory.

message 40: by Nayab (new)

Nayab (xnayab_azhar8) | 22 comments I'm reading a darker shade of magic. It's slow in the sense that one third of the book comprise of the world building of all the londons and the characters and yet I can't seem to build a connection with the heroine of this book. But the story is good, the idea of several worlds coexisting is what intrigued me the most.

message 41: by Asma (new)

Asma Badar | 2 comments I am thinking to start ,legendary,sequel of caraval.

message 42: by Asma (new)

Asma Badar | 2 comments I loved the night circus, n the ending wasnt enough for me too. But if you liked it you will like caraval too

message 43: by bajwa (new)

bajwa  (shahzadb13) currently reading spy chronicles the one which involves general durrani. Great book. I have been of this view for a long time that our relations with India needs to be improved. we have so much in common which can do much good that what we are trying. it's in our interest. the book mostly focuses on the intelligence cooperation.

message 44: by Faisal (new)

Faisal Imtiaz (iamfaysal) | 1 comments I just finished "Peer e Kamil". Amazing Novel. I will recommend all to read it. It will teach you every happens. Happens for your favor if you pray from your soul.

message 45: by Umang (new)

Umang kumar | 2 comments Hello Guys
I am working on bilingual literary emag for Asia,and i need your help in that.

Themerakimagazine.com
visit it and drop your views.

message 46: by Shabana (new)

Shabana Mukhtar (shabanamukhtarofficial) | 181 comments Reading Jannat Ke Pattay yet again. I can't have enough of it. It is that good. And Harry Potter #2 in progress.

message 47: by sanji (new)

sanji (rafayjaved) | 2 comments to kill a mockingbird

message 48: by Muntazir (new)

Muntazir Ali | 2 comments Bia wrote: "Reading 7 habits of highly effective teens by Sean covey and finding it so helpful! An easy to follow guide told in a friendly tone."

Although this book is legendary, I think self help books have come a long way. I think you could benefit more by actually reading a book about how habits are formed and how to manage them. I highly recommend that You read "The power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg. It reads like a really humorous medical paper.

I hope you like the book.

message 49: by Riz (new)

Riz (rizla95) Today I finished reading Margaret Atwood's the Handmaid's Tale. Now I'm thinking about starting We by Zamyatin or Slaughterhouse- Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

message 50: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 4 comments Muntazir wrote: "Bia wrote: "Reading 7 habits of highly effective teens by Sean covey and finding it so helpful! An easy to follow guide told in a friendly tone."

Although this book is legendary, I think self help..."

I've heard amazing things about the Power of Habit! Didn't know it was hunourous, though. Now I am more eager to check it out!

« previous 1 3