Start by marking “Outfox” as Want to Read:
Outfox

Outfox

One man with multiple identities
Eight women who vanished without a trace
The next likely victim…his wife

FBI agent Drex Easton is relentlessly driven by a single goal: to outmaneuver the conman once known as Weston Graham. Over the past thirty years, Weston has assumed many names and countless disguises, enabling him to lure eight wealthy women out of their fortunes before
Published August 6th 2019 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about Outfox, please sign up.

Start your review of Outfox
Melissa
*3.25-ish stars*

Despite what the title may have hinted at, Sandra Brown’s latest release failed to *outfox* this loyal reader. Her signature plot trickery deployed to dupe readers—in only the best way possible, of course—wasn’t up to snuff this go-round. No doubt a decent read overall, but several rungs below what’s become her standard. The harmonious counterbalance of suspense and romance Brown has excelled at in the past, eradicated by a plot-hole ridden investigation.

Brown’s name tops my
Corina
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Outfox was a fantastic cat and mouse game.

It had many twists and turns, therefore there was no chance for me getting bored.As a matter of fact, the chase which was the main focal point of Outfox was what I loved the most about this book.Because if you boil it down to the basics, it was a story about two very intelligent men trying to outfox each other - and I've always loved these kind of premises.

Unsurprisingly the tension was high throughout the entire book. For one thing both male
Anne OK
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
If you’ve read the book blurb, I’m betting you’re already convinced to add this one to your TBR list. You won’t be disappointed!

Anytime there’s a new release from Sandra Brown, there’s cause for celebration. She is one of the best romantic suspense writers on the scene and for years has been one of my favorite writers. Each new novel refines her talent and quickly becomes one to be remembered. This is the case with “Outfox.”

In a slow-on-the-get-go twisted mind-game between a clever and
Mo
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Well, that is hard to believe ... can barely shove the rating up to 3 but I will... it was a 2.5, at best. Honestly, it did nothing for me. I didn't like the characters. I felt there was no real development with the relationship between Drex and Talia. I mean, you have seen my previous reviews of SB books. I usually LOVE them. They are re-reads and audio listens!

I am a little annoyed as these new books are not cheap. Plus I was waiting all summer for this one! I am not sure if it Publishers or
Anita
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sun, lake, sailing, hiking, a week with family and a new Sandra Brown book. Life just doesn't get any better than this and this was a perfect book to read on a long drive and any time I could steal away from everyone! The romance tough to warm up to, but the steam and charisma just oozed off the page once the heat turned up. The suspense was full of twists and misdirection. I wasn't that taken with the heroine, and the hero kept me guessing just what he would do next. The ending was vintage ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was really good. I have a long history with Sandra Brown. I am not even sure how many years it has been since I first tried her work. I haven't read them all yet but I have quite a few under my belt. I have yet to be disappointed and look forward to getting my hands on her new work every year. It is safe to say that I went into this book with fairly high expectations and I pleased to say that they were all met. This was a highly
♥Rachel♥
As the book description points out, Drex is sure he’s found Weston Graham, now going by Jasper Ford, a man he thinks is responsible for the disappearance of eight or more wealthy women over the years. Weston befriends them, and then they, along with their money disappear without a trace. Jasper has married a rich, younger woman, Talia, and Drex is determined to snare Jasper before any harm comes to her.

Drex Easton was like most of Ms. Brown’s heroes, very male, hot blooded and a little rough
Lisazj1
3.5 stars, and I have to be honest, I waffled there for a while on whether to round up or down. I usually love Sandra Brown’s books. I didn’t hate this one but I didn’t love it either. The plot was pretty good and I did enjoy the investigation and plan to catch a killer. I just didn’t really care anything about anyone who was in it.

Drex and Talia had no spark, despite what happened on page. I never felt or believed the desperation they were supposed to feel for each other. I frankly was kind of
Robin Loves Reading
Drex Easton is an FBI agent who has had a singular goal for nineteen years. He is determined to track down a serial killer. When clues point to a man named Jasper Ford, Drex and two fellow agents, Mike Mallory and Gifford Davis, create a plan to catch this man once and for all. Ford has a history of finding wealthy women, killing them and emptying their accounts, and then moving on to the next woman.

This serial killer, going by an alias, is currently married to Talia Shafer, a woman many years
Irene Sim
3,5 Stars!
Not one of my favourite Sandra Brown books but I did enjoyed it...

Starting a new SB novel, I come to expect a few things to be standard and in case of Outfox she fell short in some of them. Let me elaborate...

The mystery aspect of the story is solid, and as the blurb states, is about a cat and mouse chase that goes on for a long time. The Hero, Drex Easton, is an FBI agent with a Master in Criminal Psychology who has a personal drive into catching the serial killer. He has studied
Dale Harcombe
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
FBI agent Drex Easton has one aim and that is to outmanoeuvre Weston Graham. Weston Gramham was the man who killed his mother when Drex was only a boy. Since then this man who has many guises and many aliases, has gone on to kill seven more women. Maybe even more. All of the women have been wealthy and their fortunes disappear before they too vanish without a trace. But then their murderer also vanishes and assumes another identity. Each time Drex feels close to catching up with Weston, he ...more
Shalini | Book Rambler
Jul 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
I kept asking myself if this really was a Sandra Brown book. I didn't like it at all. I didn't like the protagonists, the pace, or the story. A few pages into the book, my hate for the protagonist "FBI Agent" Drex Easton was cemented. I kept going on for the suspense but that disappointed me too.

Drex was a pervert throughout the book. He was not broody or anything that would make me intrigued about him; make him even a little bit likable. The romance was not there and was frankly unbelievable.
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***ARC Provided by the Publisher***

4.5 Stars

This book is Sandra Brown at her twisty, turny, OMG that did NOT just happen best.

With a Sandra Brown title, you know there is going to be at least one time that you are sitting there, holding the book, and rereading the line (often at the end of the chapter) but this one, well, you are going to do this more than once.

I love the ambiguity of it. Drex is drawn to Talia, but she is married. To Jasper, whom Drex is convinced is the serial killer he has
Woman Reading
3.5 Stars

This is the 10th story by Sandra Brown that I’ve read. Her stories can range quite a bit in terms of my enjoyment level, from 1 star DNF to 4.5 stars, but with most of them in the 3 to 4 stars range. Sandra Brown has a pattern of creating a dangerous situation for a flawed male main character and for a level-headed female main character and then churning the situation with surprising plot twists or reveals.

In Outfox, Drex Easton was a flawed lead who behaved recklessly and broke laws
MBR
Outfox by Sandra Brown tells the story of Drex Easton, an FBI agent who is determined to find a killer who has eluded the authorities for years. Drex’s hunt is a personal one, which makes him relentless, willing to bend the rules if they fit the purpose, all to hunt down a serial predator who has bested the system for far too long.

Drex’s hunt finally brings him to a man known as Jasper Ford, married to a Talia Shafer, which in itself is a deviation from the norm. But from the moment Drex meets
Darcy
♥Sharon♥
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Sandra Brown will always be a favorite RS author for me. I LOVE her older books and have read quite a few. One of my favorites is Envy. Her more recent books might be a little lacking but they still hold the romance and suspense that I enjoy.

Outfox wasn’t superb but I ended up enjoying it. Things started off a bit slow but did pick up as the plot thickened. Our hero Drex was on a mission to catch a killer and wouldn’t be derailed by anything. That is until he found himself tempted by the
CD {Boulder Blvd}
I'm glad a lot of people enjoyed this one, but I was left very disappointed. Most of the book was slow, boring and uninteresting. Drex's sidekicks seemed a bit cliche. Drex was unappealing at best and was a lousy hero. His wanting to f*** Talia got really old. Her marriage to a guy 30 years older felt like a sham and made her character seem poorly thought out.

Rudkowski, the FBI agent that was out to get Drex seemed way too over the top incompetent and fixated on Drex. The police officers Locke
Laura Rash
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Damn that was good! Intense ending that had a few twists that I really enjoyed. SB always manages to suck you in her books from beginning to end!
Dawn McGill Dalrymple
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a Sandra Brown in several years(over 10) so I was happy to get this book in the mail in exchange for an honest review from Grand Central Publishing. First of all I read this book in 2 days so that tells you how much I enjoyed it. I had to keep reading to find out if and how Drex would "outfox" Jasper. This was an entertaining story of cat and mouse. She also threw in a great twist towards the end that I did not see coming. This is a must read for any mystery/thriller lover!
Lynsey A
Sandra Brown once again pens a romantic suspense that will have you guessing until the very end. Anyone who has read a romantic suspense by her knows that she is good at throwing those twists in at the end. Most of the time you never see them coming. I certainly didn't. And it was a doozy.

This story is about Drex Easton, a FBI agent who is on the hunt for an elusive serial killer, one who he's never seen before the beginning of this book. He finally gets a lead and heads to Charleston, South
Cristina
Aug 15, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r-suspense
Unbelievable awful. I think some one else wrote this book.
Gail
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved every minute of this book! Filled with lots of twists and turns that keep yu wondering what will happen next. I hated to see it end.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Oct 2019 -- 2.5 Stars

At about 75%, it lost my interest. I wasn't a fan of the h. The story was just not believable and rather bored me.

Happy Reading!
Montessahall Montessahall
Extremely disappointing. SB novels keep repeating with the same reckless, rule bending, angry, testosterone fueled, male main character with a “cool name.” That trend is making all of her novels seem like one endless, boring story. Seriously doubt I will be reading her novels anymore.
Deb
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty good, fast reading story.
Mary Kay Wooten
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unbeatable

I have read all of Sandra Brown's, no exaggeration. Some I have reread. Outfox is unmistakably the best one. I read it over the course of two days. It is a fast read, plot & characters are well developed. You really don't know the characters until the end of the book. As my five stars suggest, I highly recommend this book. I only wish she could publish more than one book a year. I know how hard it must be to keep developing new plots & characters, but as an avid reader, one can
Tapasya
I was not sure whether I’m going to like this story or not because serial killers are not really my genre. But as it is a Sandra Brown book I was intrigued.
It did grab my attention....atleast for a time being.
But later on it just dragged.

Drew is an undercover agent trying to trap a serial killer. He is a little too much into trying to get him trapped. (view spoiler) His latest trails are
Mary
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You can't beat a Sandra Brown book for suspense. Loved it, I would highly recommend it.
✴ Cindy ✴
I've been reading Sandra Brown for more than twenty years and for a while, I've felt her books weren't as good as they used to be, but this one was VERY good. It was suspenseful and even at the ending when I thought things were falling into place and I was patting my back for figuring out some things, I got a couple more shocks.

Definitely recommend for the mystery lover.
Play Book Tag: Outfox by Sandra Brown -- 4 stars 1 12 Aug 21, 2019 08:20PM

• Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23)
  • Under Currents
  • The Inn
  • Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • One Good Deed
  • Smokescreen (Eve Duncan, #25)
  • The Dark Side
  • Paranoid
  • Willing to Die (To Die #8)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • Contraband (Stone Barrington #50)
  • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
  • Met Her Match
  • Window on the Bay
  • Unsolved (Invisible, #2)
  • The Bitterroots (Cassie Dewell, #4)
  • The Warning

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy