What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Looking for a kid's story about a boy who finds his uncle is a criminal [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caedesdeo (new)

Caedesdeo | 15 comments The boy is kinda regarded as a bit of a bully by other kids, as his mum has a local shop and he intimidates/threatens others into going there to make sure she has enough business. His 'uncle', a friend of his absent (I think dead) dad rather than a blood relative, sometimes comes to stay and although his mum doesn't like him much she lets him stay for her son. It eventually comes out that the uncle is a criminal, and has been ram raiding small shops/businesses. The lad reports him and they get the reward that was offered for him, but before he can be arrested he drives into their shop in retaliation so most of the reward would have to go towards repairing the damage.

I can't find anything doing general google searches, anyone here have any ideas?

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments How many years ago did you read this book?
Anything about the cover?

message 3: by Caedesdeo (new)

Caedesdeo | 15 comments Late 90's, I think. Can't remember the cover at all.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39295 comments Mod
Caedesdeo, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Caedesdeo (last edited Jul 19, 2016 08:51AM) (new)

Caedesdeo | 15 comments I'd forgotten about this thread, sorry I never closed it- I think it was in Deepwater Angels, the third in the Deepwater trilogy by Ken Catran.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35147 comments Mod
Thanks for the update, Caedesdeo. Here's the link - Deepwater Angels by Ken Catran

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Deepwater Angels (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ken Catran (other topics)