Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Challenge/Read-a-Thon > Read-a-Thon 2014 7/27 - 8/2

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krysta (last edited Jul 24, 2014 04:38PM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments PA&N Read-a-Thon #1
Duration:
July 27th - August 2nd

Welcome to what I hope will be the first of many successful Read-a-Thons!

This particular Read-a-Thon will take place from the stroke of 12:00am (midnight) on Sunday, July 27th, 2014 until the last second of 11:59pm (just before midnight) on Saturday August 2nd, 2014.
If the Read-a-Thon is successful and you all wish to continue with them, we can move the dates around to suit more people.

You may set goals for yourself to reach, or simply log hours/pages/books/etc if you wish.
The choice is yours.
The main goal of this is to push yourself to read more than you normally would.

So here we go!
Grab your books and let's get reading!

message 2: by Krysta (last edited Aug 03, 2014 03:59PM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Krysta's Read-a-Thon Tracker
7/27 - 8/2

Total Time Read: 08:28:57.57

Currently Reading:
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

Books Finished:
The Decoy Princess (Princess, #1) by Dawn Cook The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner

Need-to-Read:
The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie Serenity by Keith R.A. DeCandido My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2) by Rachel Vincent After the Sky Fell Down by Megan Nugen Isbell Wicked Willow II Shattered Twilight (Wicked Willow, #2) by Yvonne Navarro Angel's Ink (The Asylum's Tales, #1) by Jocelynn Drake Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2) by Alyson Noel Beauty Queen by Linda Glovach My Name Is Rapunzel by K.C. Hilton First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones Wicked Appetite (Lizzy & Diesel #1) by Janet Evanovich Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige Body Movers (Body Movers, #1) by Stephanie Bond City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare Ember X (Death Collectors, #1) by Jessica Sorensen Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6) by Janet Evanovich The Goddess's Wishes by Lissette E. Manning

Challenges Finished:
*LATE* A Cup of Cocoa
March 1st, 2014 - May 31st, 2014

Need-to-Finish Challenges:
*LATE *Spring Spell Challenge/National Book Month
March 20th, 2014 - June 20th, 2014

*LATE* April/May/June Seasonal Challenge
April 1st, 2014 - June 30th, 2014

*LATE* All About Us, The Challenge
March 1st, 2014 - June 30th, 2014

*LATE* June 2014 Spell Challenge - Weddings and Proms
Duration: June 1st, 2014 - June 30th, 2014

July 2014 Challenge - Summer at the Movies
Duration: July 1st, 2014 - July 31st, 2014

Daily Breakdown
July 27th Read for 29 minutes
July 28th: Read for 1 hour and 43 minutes
July 29th: Read for 1 hour and 18 minutes
July 30th: Read for 2 hours and 8 minutes // Finished The Decoy Princess // Started Laney
July 31st: Read for 40 minutes // Gave up on Laney // Started Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
August 1st: Read for 33 minutes
August 2nd: Read for 1 hour and 32 minutes // Finished The Death Cure // Started The Last Olympian

message 3: by Tracy (last edited Aug 02, 2014 10:23AM) (new)

Tracy | 198 comments Love RAT's
July 27 - Aug 2

Reckoning (Night Huntress, #0.5) by Jeaniene Frost Devil to Pay (Night Huntress, #3.5) by Jeaniene Frost Don't Let Go by Sharla Lovelace

Books Finished
Cut and Thrust (Stone Barrington, #30) by Stuart Woods Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs Full House (Full #1) by Janet Evanovich
Pages Read - 947

message 4: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett | 1 comments I know this is probably a stupid question, but do all the books need to be paranormal ones?

message 5: by Melissa (last edited Jul 24, 2014 01:01PM) (new)

Melissa | 2 comments I'm in.

July 27th:
Pages Read:
Time:

July 28th:
Pages Read:
Time:

July 29th:
Pages Read:
Time:

July 30th:
Pages Read:
Time:

July 31st:
Pages Read:
Time:

August 1st:
Pages Read:
Time:

August 2nd:
Pages Read:
Time:

message 6: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Scarlett wrote: "I know this is probably a stupid question, but do all the books need to be paranormal ones?"

Hey Scarlett, no they don't all need to be paranormal but some paranormal would be great!

message 7: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
I'll have a go at this, will be back later to post up.....

message 8: by Grace (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 52 comments I will give it a go I need to figure out my list.

message 9: by Therealbadkitty (last edited Jul 29, 2014 08:51PM) (new)

Therealbadkitty | 6 comments All right I will take a shot at this!
This is a MASSIVE list so I apologize for the eyesore.
These books consist of books I'm currently reading, own, or will reread.
BOOKS FINISHED
Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown Bitter End by Jennifer Brown
1st Priority(Highly Anticipated)
The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher The Glass Casket by McCormick Templeman Eyes Like Stars (Théâtre Illuminata, #1) by Lisa Mantchev Rosebush by Michele Jaffe The Fetch by Laura Whitcomb Dance of Shadows (Dance of Shadows, #1) by Yelena Black Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth Roomies by Sara Zarr Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Hexed (Hexed, #1) by Michelle Krys Branded (Fall of Angels, #1) by Keary Taylor Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn The Vicious Deep (The Vicious Deep #1) by Zoraida Córdova Fang Girl by Helen Keeble 3 59 by Gretchen McNeil A Girl Called Fearless by Catherine Linka Teardrop (Teardrop, #1) by Lauren Kate Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge Prince of Shadows by Rachel Caine Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski Switched (Trylle, #1) by Amanda Hocking Fearscape (Horrorscape, #1) by Nenia Campbell Lullaby (Watersong, #2) by Amanda Hocking Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2) by Kendare Blake All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Paranormal Public (Paranormal Public, #1) by Maddy Edwards The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1) by Sherry Thomas Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry Glass (Crank, #2) by Ellen Hopkins Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi Reborn (Shadow Falls After Dark #1) by C.C. Hunter The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) by Richelle Mead Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi The Sound by Sarah Alderson Tiger's Promise (The Tiger Saga, #0.5) by Colleen Houck Wide Awake (Academy of the Fallen, #1) by Daniele Lanzarotta Boyfriend From Hell (Falling Angels Saga, #1) by E. Van Lowe Awakening (The Watchers Trilogy, #1) by Karice Bolton Cruxim by Karin Cox Until Next Time (The Angel Chronicles, #1) by Amy Lignor The Angels Are Here (Paradox, #1) by Patti Roberts Burn Bright (Night Creatures, #1) by Marianne de Pierres The Angel's Covenant (The Covenant, #1) by Lynn Landes Nocturnal (The Noctalis Chronicles, #1) by Chelsea M. Cameron The Many Lives of Avery Snow (The Past Lives, #1) by Christy Sloat Dangerous (Element Preservers, #1) by Alycia Linwood Feather Bound by Sarah Raughley Girl in Reverse by Barbara Stuber The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson Afterparty by Ann Redisch Stampler Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell The Boyfriend List 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #1) by E. Lockhart Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson The Sweet Dead Life (Sweet Dead Life, #1) by Joy Preble dancergirl (WiHi, #1) by Carol M. Tanzman Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between, #1) by April Genevieve Tucholke Hysteria by Megan Miranda Defy the Dark by Saundra Mitchell Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1) by Lisa M. Basso You Against Me by Jenny Downham Tease by Amanda Maciel Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1) by Tara A. Fuller Unbreakable (The Legion, #1) by Kami Garcia No Angel by Helen Keeble Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott Grim by Christine Johnson Hero (Woodcutter Sisters #2) by Alethea Kontis The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy, #1) by Mindee Arnett A Breath of Frost (The Lovegrove Legacy, #1) by Alyxandra Harvey Notes from Ghost Town by Kate Ellison In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane Scintillate (The Light Key Trilogy, #1) by Tracy Clark Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller Prophecy Girl (Angel Academy, #1) by Cecily White Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1) by Kami Garcia Minders by Michele Jaffe Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu Blythewood (Blythewood, #1) by Carol Goodman The Tyrant's Daughter by J.C. Carleson Dark Star (Dark Star, #1) by Bethany Frenette Ashes on the Waves by Mary Lindsey Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1) by Anne Blankman The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones, #1) by Laura Bickle The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson Far From You by Tess Sharpe How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray Inception (The Reaping Chronicles, #1) by Teal Haviland If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2) by Mary Lindsey Splintered (Splintered, #1) by A.G. Howard Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) by Meg Cabot Wildwood Dancing (Wildwood, #1) by Juliet Marillier Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2) by Kimberly Derting The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass Entice (The Embrace Series, #2) by Jessica Shirvington Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2) by Michelle Hodkin City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare

message 10: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Jenny wrote: "Scarlett wrote: "I know this is probably a stupid question, but do all the books need to be paranormal ones?"

Hey Scarlett, no they don't all need to be paranormal but some paranormal would be great!"

Agreed...
This is basically just to help you get your TBR down! If you've got some non-paranormal books you need to get through, go for it!
I'm pretty sure a couple of my books aren't paranormal that I've got on my list.

message 11: by Jonel (last edited Aug 02, 2014 07:56PM) (new)

Jonel I'm in. I'm going for books & pages read.

description

July 27-Aug 2
Books read ~ 9 1/3
Pages read ~ 2401

1. Roadtrip to Redemption ~ ★★★★ ~ 232pgs
2. My Kind of Crazy ~ ★★★★ ~ 239pgs
3. Naked Truth ~ ★★★★ ~ 178pgs
4. Running Mates: A Love Story ~ ★★ ~ 104pgs
5. Darkness Follows ~ ★★★★ ~ 263pgs
6. Hard Ride to Dry Gulch ~ ★★★★ ~ 240
7. Rescue at Cardwell Ranch & Wanted Woman ~ ★★★★★ ~ 448
8. Wedding at Cardwell Ranch ~ ★★★★★ ~ 224
9. The Promise ~ ★★★★★ ~ 363pgs
10. Lone Wolf Standing ~ 110 of 288pgs

Lone Wolf Standing (Men of Wolf Creek, #3) by Carla Cassidy The Promise (Thunder Point, #5) by Robyn Carr Wedding at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Cousins, #2) by B.J. Daniels Rescue at Cardwell Ranch & Wanted Woman by B.J. Daniels Hard Ride to Dry Gulch by Joanna Wayne Darkness Follows by Emerald O'Brien Running Mates A Love Story by Sara Ann Nichols Naked Truth by Tami Lund My Kind of Crazy by Katie O'Sullivan Roadtrip to Redemption (Pawleys Island Paradise) by Laurie Larsen

message 12: by Jalissa (last edited Aug 03, 2014 05:07PM) (new)

Jalissa | 57 comments I'm in.

July 27
Pages read:273

July 28
Pages read:77

July 29
Pages read:121

July 30
Pages read:0

July 31
Pages read:0

August 01
Pages read:100

August 02
Pages read:100

Books finished: Proxy (Proxy, #1) by Alex London Conversion by Katherine Howe

message 13: by Iris (last edited Aug 03, 2014 11:08AM) (new)

Iris (purplexlady) | 27 comments I'm in!!

Currently Reading:
Vicious Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #1) by Linda Robertson

Books Finished:
El bueno, el feo y la bruja (The Hollows, #2) by Kim Harrison Peligro Tentador (Mundo de los Lupi, #1) by Eileen Wilks Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) by E.L. James

Pages read: 2160

Daily Breakdown:
July 27th
Pages: 247

July 28th
Pages: 232

July 29th
Pages: 514

July 30th
Pages: 532

July 31st
Pages: 551

August 1st
Pages: 43

August 2nd
Pages: 41

message 14: by Daphne (last edited Aug 02, 2014 07:54PM) (new)

Daphne (bythepen) | 23 comments Hi! I've been a member of this group for a while but have not been participating (sorry!!). I've just been super busy. Anyway, when I saw that you guys were doing a read-a-thon I thought--that's just what I need. So I hope you don't mind my joining in. :)

This'll be my tracking post. I'll likely do a combination of percentages & pages, since I read on my Kindle a *lot.*

Sun: 221 pages of print books & 47% of Kindle books -- finished off 3 books
Mon: 48 pages of print books & 12% of Kindle books
Tues: 67 pages of print books & 3% of Kindle books -- finished 1 book
Wed: 3% of Kindle books
Thurs: 33% of Kindle books
Fri: 45% of Kindle books
Sat: 22% of Kindle books
Grand Total: 336 of print books & 165% of Kindle books

Finished:
Priceless (A Rylee Adamson Novel, Book 1) by Shannon Mayer Wynter's Captive by Milly Taiden Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews The Zrakon's Bride by Linda Barlow
Kat by Kelley Armstrong

Reading:
I Married a Bear A BBW Paranormal Shifter Romance by A.T. Mitchell The Promise of Sleep A Pioneer in Sleep Medicine Explores the Vital Connection Between Health, Happiness, and a Good Night's Sleep by William C. Dement Write. Publish. Repeat. (The No-Luck-Required Guide to Self-Publishing Success) by Sean Platt Rising, Freestyle (Xtreme Adventures, #2) by Vivian Arend

To Read:
Immune (Rylee Adamson, #2) by Shannon Mayer Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3) by Ilona Andrews

message 15: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Therealbadkitty wrote: "All right I will take a shot at this!
These books consist of books I'm currently reading, own, or will reread."

Just keep in mind that you cannot count books as "finished" unless you finish them on July 27th.
If they are finished prior to the 27th, they don't count for the read-a-thon.
You can start a book prior to the read-a-thon, but you can only start counting minutes/pages/books after the 27th.

message 16: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 243 comments After buying a house, ripping out and replacing the kitchen, painting, etc and then finally moving in, I haven't finished a single book in the last 2 MONTHS! I normally would've gotten through at least 15-20. I'm going to participate, but my goal is extremely small!!

I want to finish the book I've been attempting to read for a lot of weeks!

message 17: by Therealbadkitty (new)

Therealbadkitty | 6 comments Krysta wrote: "Therealbadkitty wrote: "All right I will take a shot at this!
These books consist of books I'm currently reading, own, or will reread."

Just ..."

Okay thank you. Sorry I misunderstood.

message 18: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Therealbadkitty wrote: "Okay thank you. Sorry I misunderstood."

It's quite alright...that's why I wanted to be sure I clarified.

message 19: by Amy (last edited Aug 03, 2014 06:17AM) (new)

Amy | 1 comments Hello .. New to goodreads and the group! Excited about the read-a-thon! Can't wait!

Currently Reading:
Slow Burn Zero Day (Slow Burn, #1) by Bobby Adair

To Read:
Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

Daily Breakdown:
July 27th -- Pages: 225 pages
July 28th -- Pages: 190 pages
July 29th -- Pages: 125 pages
July 30th -- Pages: 120 pages
July 31st -- Pages: 75 pages
August 1st -- Pages: 265 pages
August 2nd -- Pages: 202 pages

Finished:
Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) by Heather Graham Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi The Sound Of Footsteps (The Drusilla Thorne Mysteries Book 1) by Diane Patterson

message 20: by Krysta (last edited Jul 27, 2014 09:33AM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments

message 21: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments My first day didn't go near as well as I had hoped. I got busy and only managed to squeeze in 29 minutes of reading.
Not even a full half hour!
Darn...

How did you all do?

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2 comments Wasn't able to read at all. My ereader app broke and then I had to find a new one that I liked. Today, I have to clean the whole house so I don't know if I'll get in any reading. So this read-a-thon maybe a failure :(

message 23: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Melissa wrote: "Wasn't able to read at all. My ereader app broke and then I had to find a new one that I liked. Today, I have to clean the whole house so I don't know if I'll get in any reading. So this read-a-tho..."

I've had my failed read-a-thons too...it's ok, life happens and we all understand!
Maybe after the house is nice and clean though you can kick back and get in a couple of pages to relax?

message 24: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (bythepen) | 23 comments I took Sunday off from, like, *everything* so I got a good start on the reading week. But with my day job and my night job I have very little time to read during the week. Still, the goal is just to read more than usual, and I've already read more than usual. So, it's going good. :)

message 25: by Renee (last edited Jul 31, 2014 08:56AM) (new)

Renee Rearden (reneerearden) | 43 comments I'm so in!!!

July 27
Time: 2 1/2 hours
Pages read: 210

July 28
Time: 3 1/2 hours
Pages read: 287

July 29
Time: 3 1/2 hours
Pages read: 280

July 30
Time: 3 hrs
Pages read: 260

July 31
Time:
Pages read:

August 01
Time:
Pages read:

August 02
Time:
Pages read:

To Be Read:
Wanted One Ghost by Loni Lynne The Succubus Gift (The Telepathic Clans, #1) by B.R. Kingsolver Midnight Star by Danielle Ward They Who Fell (They Who Fell, #1) by Kevin Kneupper

Currently Reading:
Wanted One Ghost by Loni Lynne

Books Finished:
Honor (Winged, #8) by L.M. Pruitt A Trail Through Time (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #4) by Jodi Taylor Claimed by Clarissa Cartharn October Girls by Scott Nicholson

message 26: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Welcome Renee!!!

Day two was much better for me.
I managed to read for 1 hour and 43 minutes. Much better than my 29 minutes on Sunday!
I'm hoping I can get in even more hours today.

message 27: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Got a lot accomplished yesterday!
Finished a book, finished a challenge, and started a new book that I've been neglecting.

How's everyone else doing??

message 28: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1 comments For my first read-a-thon -- doing okay. I have only been able to read about 100 - 200 pages a day .. but hoping to do some extra reading tonight after work!

message 29: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Yesterday wasn't as great for me.
I gave up on a book (It was too much like Twilight and I jut couldn't stomach reading that story again) and started a new one.
Only read for 40 minutes though...

message 30: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (bythepen) | 23 comments I definitely read much more than I usually do this week, so for me this was a success. I'd love to do it again! :)

message 31: by Jonel (new)

Jonel Well, didn't get as much read as I'd hoped but it was a fairly decent week. Updated #13. :)

message 32: by Jonel (last edited Aug 03, 2014 05:13AM) (new)

Jonel Daphne wrote: "I definitely read much more than I usually do this week, so for me this was a success. I'd love to do it again! :)"

I'd definitely be up for another as well.

message 33: by Iris (new)

Iris (purplexlady) | 27 comments I didn't read as much as I wanted to, but it was still a successful week for me :) I hope there's another readathon sometime!

message 34: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments I managed to get in a little bit of time, but I had some days that I hardly got to sit down and read, but at least I made it through two books, started two new ones, and realized I wasn't going to be able to force myself to read another book.

Total Time Read: 08:28:57.57

Currently Reading:
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

Books Finished:
The Decoy Princess (Princess, #1) by Dawn Cook The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner

Challenges Finished:
*LATE* A Cup of Cocoa
March 1st, 2014 - May 31st, 2014

Daily Breakdown
July 27th Read for 29 minutes
July 28th: Read for 1 hour and 43 minutes
July 29th: Read for 1 hour and 18 minutes
July 30th: Read for 2 hours and 8 minutes // Finished The Decoy Princess // Started Laney
July 31st: Read for 40 minutes // Gave up on Laney // Started Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
August 1st: Read for 33 minutes
August 2nd: Read for 1 hour and 32 minutes // Finished The Death Cure // Started The Last Olympian

message 35: by Jonel (new)

Jonel Krysta wrote: "I managed to get in a little bit of time, but I had some days that I hardly got to sit down and read, but at least I made it through two books, started two new ones, and realized I wasn't going to ..."

Congrats Krysta! I don't know now you manage to count hours. I'm a fiend for reading 5 mins here and 15 there, whenever I have a free second. I'd be walking around with a notepad all the time. Counting pages is so much easier for me.

message 36: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Jonel wrote: "Krysta wrote: "I managed to get in a little bit of time, but I had some days that I hardly got to sit down and read, but at least I made it through two books, started two new ones, and realized I w..."

I use the timer on my phone and just hit start and stop throughout the day whenever I get a minute to read.
I don't do pages because I read PDF versions of books that I've sent to myself aren't accurate with the page count in comparison to the actual book.

message 37: by Jonel (new)

Jonel Krysta wrote: "Jonel wrote: "Krysta wrote: "I managed to get in a little bit of time, but I had some days that I hardly got to sit down and read, but at least I made it through two books, started two new ones, an..."

If I have something with a wonky page count I'll pull the page count from the kindle version on Goodreads. I also tend to try to start & finish books within read-a-thons so I don't have to do too much math.

It's always interesting to see how others count their totals during these. :D

message 38: by Renee (new)

Renee Rearden (reneerearden) | 43 comments Ugh, I gave up on the book I started July 31. August 1 was grandson's soccer game after work. August 2 was a book signing. Soooo little time and so many books!

Had a great time though. Look forward to the next read-a-thon!