Start by marking “The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5)

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  392,439 ratings  ·  13,761 reviews
All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of a victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands
Audio CD, 381 pages
Published May 12th 2009 (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Olympian, please sign up.

Irene Well, he made some related to the books named "The Heroes of Olympus" Series. They have Percy Jackson as part of the book, but it's written in third…moreWell, he made some related to the books named "The Heroes of Olympus" Series. They have Percy Jackson as part of the book, but it's written in third person, not Percy jackson's point of view.(less)
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
13th out of 21,243 books — 56,598 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeTwilight by Stephenie MeyerPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Best Books Ever
152nd out of 39,783 books — 150,235 voters

More lists with this book...

I'm a little sad actually because I didn't want to say goodbye to our hero, the one and only Percy Jackson.

From the beginning we can already see things are going to move quickly. Kronos has a lot of things up his sleeve and won't let Percy and the other demigods have a break. The book pretty much starts off with a bang and doesn't slow down from there. Annabeth and Percy's relationship is kind of strained and Rachel showing up isn't helping matters. I have to say all the books have a lot of act
I'll bet you 1,000,000 dollars that this is gonna be the best Percy Jackson book!
Kat O'Keeffe
A MILLION STARS! Perfect ending to a perfect series!
Ademilson Moraes
Do you think you could survive a war against gods and monsters? In this last installment of Percy Jackson, he battles against some gods, demigods, titans, and monsters to save the world from the evil titan Lord: Kronos. The action takes place both in ancient Greek mythological times/places and in present day New York. The final confrontation between good and evil was epic. The last thing I could have imagined while reading the previous books was that it would take place at the center of New York ...more
I finished this with a smile. After finishing The Battle of the Labyrinth I had no doubt that I would love the last one. Why specifically I knew this, I have no idea. But I was right and I'm happy when I'm right.

I was surprised that most of the book is set in New York City but it actually makes sense since Mount Olympus is above the Empire State Building.

I liked this book so much for the same reasons that I liked the other books. It was so funny. The part with the peanut butter had me laughing
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Finished re-reading this––and yup, it's still amazing. It's been five years since I first read it, and that ending still makes me tear up. GAHHHHH. <3 I will write a longer review at some point.

I'll put my old review under a spoiler because it was very spoilery (and oh my gosh I was ... not the most eloquent back then, to put it lightly). :P

(view spoiler)
Dylan Williams
And that is how you finish a series!
Couldn't think of a better way to finish this series!
I took me almost a month to finish this, not because it was bad but because I am revising for exams.
The end of this book got me out my reading slump!
So sad that this series is over:(
Whitney Atkinson

I listened to this book on audio and I'm so grateful for that because I listened to it all in one sitting and didn't have to deal with being bored for half the book like I did for the previous 2 books in this series. As far as my actual thoughts about this book, I just think it was kinda lukewarm if you forgive my luke pun. i just cannot get over how immature the characters and the writing style is. it makes me even not want to read heroes of olympus because i don't want to suffer throu
After reading The Battle of the Labyrinth I thought it would be my favorite in the series. I can't say how wrong I was.

This was it. This was the best one in the series. It was just... epic. Perfect way to end it. Reading last few pages I had a huge lump in my throat. After finishing it, I just sat there, wishing to flip it to page one, and start again.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to read Heroes of Olympus soon.
I am even more excited for this book than I was for HP 7. I totally love this series because I love Greek mythology. Anyways, this book will be amazing. I really hope we find out about Nico's past. I hope that Annabeth will realize that Luke is scum. I'm hoping for some good Percabeth moments or else I sue. More of the Olympians, particularly Athena, Apollo and Artemis, would be appreciated.
Zoë (readbyzoe)
WOW JUST WOW. Easily my favorite book in the series! It wrapped up this series perfectly and gave hints to what would happen in the Heroes of Olympus series! I'm definitely a little in love with Percy now and have a total girl crush on Annabeth and those last couple of pages killed me (in a good way). I'm so glad I finished this series and I can't wait to start the Heroes of Olympus next year!
This book is the extremily satisfying final book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympian sereis. A few points could have used a dash more explanation, but everything else I thought was absolutly great.
Riordan has filled this story to the brim with excitment, humor and danger.
Familiar characters return, and a few new ones are introduced. Rachel Elizabeth Dare, a mortal child who aided the half-bloods in the last book, The Battle of the Labyrinth, has a huge and important role to play.
Annabeth fina

I still cannot believe what I read. This book had so many levels of awesome that attempting to grasp it would be like trying to fit a double-ended piece of thread through the head of a needle. This finale was just a never-ending rollercoaster ride and I think the best series ending I've ever read!:D

Mira, yo no quería ser mestizo.

Si estás leyendo esto porque crees que podrías estar en la misma situación, mi consejo es éste: cierra el libro inmediatamente. Créete la mentira que tu padre o tu madre te contaran sobre tu nacimiento, e intenta llevar una vida normal.

Ese fue el comienzo, las palabras de Percy que desde el principio me atraparon, y ahora ha llegado el final, está aquí con toda su gloria de momentos dulceamargos.

Para los que siguen la saga saben que los semidioses no la tienen
I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED PERCY JACKSON! I started this series back in 2009 and I have finally gotten around to finishing it!

Solid conclusion to this series and I'm really looking forward to getting into Heroes of Olympus! Hopefully I can finish those in a more timely fashion.
I'm finally done with the EPIC!!!! Percy Jackson series

this book is definitely my favorite, it was epic and well-built, and a great and satisfying conclusion to the series, also it introduced us to The Heroes of Olympus series that i'm dying to read right now.

i don't have a lot to say about this book without spoiling the whole series, but it was so good, it was a solid book, it moved So fast, and it was marvelous.

i recommend this series to ANYONE who didn't read it yet, cause it's one of the bes
Candy Hartley
It remains to be my favorite after all these times :)
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

The world is ending and Grover is sleeping, oh my god. This was my favorite book in the series. My favorite satyr just slayed it all, okay.

Coming to its end, this book was epic. Truly, I loved it. I love how it all played out in the end. I remember strolling around my house with the book in my hand reading it because I was, oh, so anxious about how it would end and also sad because this was coming to its end.

In this book,
Cait Grace
WELL. That was a satisfying conclusion! I admit, I put this one off because I didn't want it to all be over. But it was good. Despite being, like, a 360-page long battle (let me collapse in exhaustion). It's not my favourite PJ book, but I loved it and I adored the ending, although it was sad. PEOPLE DIED. One of my favourite characters died. I'm in a little pain here, 'scuse me.

BUT! So many awesome things went down! I especially swooned a bit of the entirely shippable Percabeth moments. They ar
I'll admit it. I was slightly dissapointed. I would have loved to give it 5 stars (can't give any less than four, seeing as it's Percy Jackson), but it lacked... something new. That's what I loved so much about the other books - they would amaze me with some new humorous twist on Greek mythology, and yet there was nothing in this one. (Albeit the Styx incident, of which I'll say nothing more, so fear no spoilers.) It was all so.... EXPECTED. In the very early action scenes, I felt as though Rior ...more

That is all.
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
Finishing off the last of the Percy Jackson series, I felt rather sad that there will be no more following Percy, Grover, Annabeth and his demigod campers on their adventures. This book was absolutely flawless with incredibly action and commeration to Greek mythology tying everything together in the end.

The Last Olympian is pretty much all out action from the first page, as the Titan God Kronos unleashes his attack upon the world. As with the end of every great series, there are great moments mi
Nicole Catherine
May 17, 2009 Nicole Catherine rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Nicole Catherine by: a looooot of people. Aimee. Jake Vacanti. My brother...
I was up until 1:30 last night reading this book. Riordan did a great job tying up the loose ends (resulting in an awful lot of flashbacks, but that's okay because they were interesting flashbacks!) and the ending wasn't what anyone expected. At no point did I want to throw the book across the room (which can happen with the last book in a series) and I never even thought about going to bed and finishing it in the morning. My only complaint? Percy, as much as I love him, still acts twelve. And a ...more
Sella Malin
Dee ♡
Oh my gods! My only regret was that it took me this long to read Percy Jackson! Man, was i missing out! These books were fabulous!! So much action, humor, suspense, a cute romance that you couldn't help root for and so much more! I love Rick Riordan's writing and I will definitely now read everything he has written! I laughed. I cried. I fell in love. ALL THE STARS!

The Last Olympian is my personal favourite in the Percy Jackson series. While many series end on a poor conclusion, leaving fans divided (see Mockingjay for instance), this is one of those books that most readers tend to see as having brought about an overall satisfying conclusion. I suppose that this is helped by the fact that where the four books prior to this tend to be formulaic, setting up the series for this conclusion, The Last Olympian takes a different approach. However, something else
  • Gregor and the Marks of Secret (Underland Chronicles, #4)
  • Magic and Other Misdemeanors (The Sisters Grimm, #5)
  • Syren (Septimus Heap, #5)
  • Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones (Alcatraz, #2)
  • Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)
  • Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret (Leven Thumps, #2)
  • The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6)
  • The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6)
  • Peter and the Shadow Thieves (Peter and the Starcatchers, #2)
  • Brisingr  (The Inheritance Cycle, #3)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #2)
  • The Fiend and the Forge (The Tapestry, #3)
  • The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8)
  • Nobody's Prize (Nobody's Princess, #2)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)

“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.” 9022 likes
“It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.” 2015 likes