All About YA discussion

Books to Movies > What Book To Movie Adaptation Are You Most Excited About?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) I can't wait for Mockingjay! And City of Ashes! :D

I'm also somewhat exited about Gone Girl... Don't know if I'll wait for the DVD though.

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
Irene wrote: "I can't wait for Mockingjay! And City of Ashes! :D

I'm also somewhat exited about Gone Girl... Don't know if I'll wait for the DVD though."

Have you read the book Gone Girl? I haven't, but with all the hype around it, I am biting my nails on whether or not I should buy it.

Nah, it's not horrible, I'm sure there are plenty of people who haven't read or seen the Hunger Games.

I read If I Stay 5 or 6 years ago, and to be honest I really disliked it. But when I saw the trailer, I am really kind of wanting to see the movie.

Angie wrote: "I haven't read the book yet but the trailer made me want to read it."

Yeah, they did make the trailer quite interesting.

message 6: by Irene (last edited Jul 24, 2014 07:32AM) (new)

Irene (raenne) Robin - Yeah, I have. I didn't really like it, it was kind of slow, but the ending was soooo crazy! :) I think I gave it a three star rating?

Hmm, I didn't really like the trailer for If I Stay :/

message 7: by Nikita (last edited Jul 24, 2014 07:36AM) (new)

Nikita 2014:
Mockingjay part 1

2015:
Mockingjay part 2
Tiger's Curse

No release date:
Angelfall
City of Ashes

Irene wrote: "Robin - Yeah, I have. I didn't really like it, it was kind of slow, but the ending was soooo crazy! :) I think I gave it a three star rating?

Hmm, I didn't really like the trailer for If I Stay :/"

Well, thanks for the insight on the book. I probably won't get it unless it goes on sale some where

Added some more to my list!

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 39 comments 2015 release: Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

2016 release: Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth (pt.1)

Without a set date: Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey

message 11: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments Have you heard the news about the 'Celestra' series by Addison Moore (currently a T.V show) being made into a movie by fox!!! No set year yet; but I am SO EXCITED!!

I read each book as they came out and really grew to love the characters :) #teammarshall xox

message 12: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments It's really great, Angie.

I would recommend it to anyone that likes Lauren Kate's 'Fallen' series, or a guardian angel-type novel.

It has several factions of angels in it; time travel, cute guys, and a team Edward-team Jacob feel to it.

It's a very more-ish series :3 xxx

Erryn_x wrote: "Have you heard the news about the 'Celestra' series by Addison Moore (currently a T.V show) being made into a movie by fox!!! No set year yet; but I am SO EXCITED!!

I read each book as they came ..."

What's the TV show called?

message 14: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments I think just 'Celestra'.

It's on weekly in America, I'm told by my friend in Baltimore (lucky ducks) xx

Erryn_x wrote: "I think just 'Celestra'.

It's on weekly in America, I'm told by my friend in Baltimore (lucky ducks) xx"

Hmm, I'm going to have to check that out

message 16: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments I'll double-check the name for you, Robin, although I'm pretty sure I have it right c: xx

Erryn_x wrote: "I'll double-check the name for you, Robin, although I'm pretty sure I have it right c: xx"

Alright, thanks!

message 18: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
I thought Delirium was optioned out of the big screen. I know the pilot didn't get picked up, but it is available to watch on Hulu.

I'm excited about Mockingjay (both parts). I am also excited to see what they do with the rest of the Divergent movies, although I really think turning Allegiant into two movies is a bad idea. I think they could do it in just one.

I also can't wait for The 5th Wave.

message 19: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "For some reason it's the new thing. Turn the last book into two movies. Got to get as money as possible. I need to read the fifth wave and the maze runner."

It made sense with Harry Potter. It really did, but I don't see why everyone has to do it now. Like I don't even think Mockingjay needs to be divided.

I haven't read The Maze Runner yet either. I need to get on that.

Yeah, that's how I feel. I don't think Allegiant and Mockingjay are going to be that great split up but we'll see.

message 21: by Erin Lynn (new)

What else have they decided to split?

The last Twilight

message 23: by Erin Lynn (new)

Well... I knew that. I'm not a fan of the books or the movies for that one.

Erin wrote: "Well... I knew that. I'm not a fan of the books or the movies for that one."

They might decide to split up Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu

message 25: by Erin Lynn (new)

I haven't read those yet either. I want to.

I've only read the first book Legend, in January of this year. It was okay but I didn't love it.

message 27: by Erin Lynn (new)

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews

message 28: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "They are turning that into a movie Erin?"

Yes. They were filming in June.

message 29: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "Well I better get that read."

Haha. I really liked it. There is a lot of crude humor in it, so if you are easily offended, you might not like it.

message 30: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments So, today I discovered that the first book of 'Vampire Academy' by Richelle Mead is a MOVIE! ...a fan-dazzlepalooza-tastic movie, at that!

The second one is due out...I think I read it as late 2015/early 2016 depending on shooting.

Everyone NEEDS to watch this movie!

I've already seen Vampire Academy the movie. I personally wasn't a big fan of it. But glad you liked it!

message 32: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments Aw, I'm sorry that you didn't like it;

I found the way Lissa and Mia were portrayed (very) spot-on to what I had imagined them to be like xx

message 33: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments I read them only a few days ago, Angie. And I can understand all the hype now ;)

...seriously need to start updating my profile on here xx

message 34: by Erin Lynn (new)

I've never read the VA books. I'm not really sure if I want to. I'm kind of anti-vampire.

message 35: by Ron (new)

Ron Scheer | 13 comments Looking forward to the Ranger's Apprentice movie. those books are great.

message 36: by Erin Lynn (new)

Ron wrote: "Looking forward to the Ranger's Apprentice movie. those books are great."

I've never even heard of those books. I'll have to check them out.

message 37: by Ron (new)

Ron Scheer | 13 comments These books are by Australian author John Flanagan. There are around 12 books in the series I think, and each one gets better than the last. This isn't like a lot of YA that deals with romance and love triangles and high school. This is more fantasy oriented (without the magic) action/adventure. Anyone from the age of 8 on up could really enjoy these, and I don't have a problem reading them to my kids. (no swearing, or sex, or anything.)

message 38: by Erin Lynn (new)

I did see that Matched has been optioned by Disney. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm not sure how I feel about Disney getting involved with this. I know that is a popular trilogy.

message 39: by Booklover113 (new)

Booklover113 | 1 comments I'm excited for obsidian by jennifer armentrout!!! I'm just worried they will make the movie looking cheesy or dumb. I also cant picture anyone else to play the role of deamon, other than pepe toth (the person on the cover of the book)!!!

message 40: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Smith (alyssasmith) I'm suuuper excited for The Maze Runner, and Mockingjay Pt. 1, and If I Stay...those are the big ones for me this year

message 41: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Personally I've never liked book to movie adaptions. I find they can never truly match your imagination of the characters and the places. The Percy Jackson films were so inaccurate to the books and I didn't think much of the Harry Potter movies either - the acting wasn't as good as I thought it could have been. I know I'm being overly critical and sorry to be such a downer, but I've yet to find a book to movie adaption that I liked.

Has anyone seen the The Alchemyst movie? (there is a movie, right? - I think there is) I haven't seen it but saw a trailer once. Couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing. The twins (who are fifteen in the book) looked about twenty and Flamel was like the least Flamel-ish person ever. Okay, rant over, lol.

message 42: by Maria Kaye (new)

Maria Kaye (mkayeoo) THE NIGHT CIRCUS BY ERIN MORGENSTERN! Can't wait for it :D

Oh and The Maze Runner! And Mockingjay :3

message 43: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 318 comments Daisy wrote: "Personally I've never liked book to movie adaptions. I find they can never truly match your imagination of the characters and the places. The Percy Jackson films were so inaccurate to the books and..."

Even though I like a ton of book to movie adaptations, you're objectively right about the part where you said they can't match up to the books. It's impossible from a time standpoint. Novels are often 300+ pages, but for a movie script, you're rarely allowed to go over 120 pages(and the format for a script leaves less on each page), so they have to gut out a ton of stuff.

The only way for them to have a shot at truly capturing the story in the books is if they make the movies 3 times as long. The problems there are a) that would make the movie 3 times more expensive, but would not draw in 3 times the audience(which is already not guaranteed) and b) studies have showed that at about the 2 hour mark of a move, a majority of people start to lose interest, even if it's a movie they were enjoying.

I don't have as negative an opinion on them as your rant here haha, but, yes, sadly a full representation will never happen, except maybe with a really short book.

message 44: by electra (new)

electra | 7 comments I'm excited about Mockingjay and If I Stay when it comes to 2014 adaptions! I didn't read either of them, but I do plan to and I'm really interested in how they turn out. Maybe I would watch the Giver, too, but I really can't care any less about it now. I just wanna see how bad it is.

As for future releases, I'm super excited for the Daughter of Smoke and Bone movie! I really hope they don't ruin it and make it only about the romance. It would take a lot to make it good (there's Karou's sketchbooks, all the chimaera (and making them look realistic and not crappy or cartoon-ish)...), but hey, if someone decided to take it on, they better have a good idea how to achieve all of that.
I'm also interested to see how Eleanor & Park turns out, even though I haven't read the book yet. It's a great chance for imperfect actors to get to work on a movie, and I hope they do take it.

message 45: by Erin Lynn (new)

Alyssa wrote: "I'm suuuper excited for The Maze Runner, and Mockingjay Pt. 1, and If I Stay...those are the big ones for me this year"

I'm really excited for Mockingjay, but I think they could have done it in one movie.

message 46: by M. (new)

M. Austin | 6 comments Maria wrote: "THE NIGHT CIRCUS BY ERIN MORGENSTERN! Can't wait for it :D

Oh and The Maze Runner! And Mockingjay :3"

The Night Circus would be an AMAZING movie if they got it right! I think we can trust Lionsgate to nail Mockingjay and Insurgent. Daughter of Smoke and Bone just needs to happen quickly.

message 47: by Trilogy (new)

Trilogy Gunby (TrilogyGunby) | 4 comments I'm so excited about Maze Runner!
I read that book soon after it first came out and I loved it and as soon as I found out it was becoming a movie I was so ecstatic.
And Dylan O'Brien is in it! So cool! I just hope they don't ruin it in the movie version. It's such a fantastic book.

message 48: by Belle (new)

Belle | 14 comments I haven't read all of these books but I feel like I can include them since I'm planning on reading them soon!
2014; mockingjay part 1, maze runner, the giver
2015; the scropio races, insurgent, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, the testing and Eleanor and park
2016; all of them, especially legend, allegiant and the 5th wave. wait that's all of them! I want all of them.
other; blood red road, uglies, daughter of smoke and bone, matched, angelfall, darkest minds, reboot, cinder, delirium (isn't that being adapted to TV) and wither

message 49: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Aguilera | 25 comments I just watched the Maze Runner. I read that series this year and thought the movie did a great job of keeping the book storyline.

Anybody else see it?

I'm also looking forward to seeing If I Stay, read the book and can't wait for the movie. Even though I think I'll be waiting for Redbox :)

message 50: by Erin Lynn (new)

Rebecca wrote: "I just watched the Maze Runner. I read that series this year and thought the movie did a great job of keeping the book storyline.

Anybody else see it?

I'm also looking forward to seeing If I St..."

I haven't read the book, so I refuse to see the movie until I do.

I've been looking online for a feed for If I Stay, but haven't had any luck. Our discount theater is closing, and I refuse to pay $11 to see a movie at the new one that forced the closing.

« previous 1