Listomania discussion

Sun Ra
This topic is about Sun Ra
Famous People's Lists > Sun Ra's Reading List from his 1971 UC Berkeley Course "The Black Man in the Cosmos"

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jimmy (last edited Jul 24, 2014 07:09AM) (new)

Jimmy (jimmylorunning) | 144 comments Mod
Oh my... this list may have been the reason for the existence of this GR group to begin with! Taken from this article: http://www.openculture.com/2014/07/fu... Be sure to visit that link because it also contains an audio clip of one of his lectures!

The Egyptian Book of the Dead

Radix

Alexander Hislop: The Two Babylons

The Theosophical works of Madame Blavatsky

The Book of Oahspe

Henry Dumas: Ark of Bones

Henry Dumas: Poetry for My People eds. Hale Charfield & Eugene Redmond, Carbondale: Southern Illinois University Press 1971

Black Fire: An Anthology of Afro-American Writing, eds. Leroi Jones & Larry Neal, New York: William Morrow 1968

David Livingston: Missionary Travels And Researches In South Africa

Theodore P. Ford: God Wills the Negro

Rutledge: God's Children

Stylus, vol. 13, no. 1 (Spring 1971), Temple University

John S. Wilson: Jazz. Where It Came From, Where It’s At, United States Information Agency (Worldcat)

Yosef A. A. Ben-Jochannan: Black Man of the Nile and His Family, Alkibu Ian Books 1972

Constantin Francois de Chasseboeuf, Comte de Volney: The Ruins, Or, Meditation on the Revolutions of Empires: And the Law of Nature, London: Pioneer Press 1921

The Source Book of Man’s Life and Death (Ra’s description; = The King James Bible)

Pjotr Demianovitch Ouspensky: A New Model of the Universe. Principles of the Psychological Method in Its Application to Problems of Science, Religion and Art, New York: Knopf 1956

Frederick Bodmer: The Loom of Language: An Approach to the Mastery of Many Languages, ed. Lancelot Hogben, New York: Norton & Co. 1944

Blackie’s Etymology (this, maybe?)

message 2: by Geoff (new)

Geoff | 13 comments Oh my god thank you! Oh man this is great...

message 3: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy (jimmylorunning) | 144 comments Mod
Yes! Truly

message 4: by David S. T. (new)

David S. T. | 12 comments Awesome!

message 5: by Nate D (new)

Nate D (rockhyrax) | 17 comments That's a fittingly bizarre list! Thanks!