What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Gold Unicorn (Unicorn, #2)
This topic is about Gold Unicorn
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fantasy. Young woman that can fix anything. She wears a pendant. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Risenhoover (EpsilonAnder) | 7 comments Fabtasy fiction book about a young woman that could fix anything. She had a pendant that she wears which plays a part in fixing this giant mechanical war horse that this army builds. When you pass under the legs of the horse you get sent to this alternate world. Read it probably 20 years ago or so.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
James --

You can bump your book every month or so. This moves your search from page 27 back to the top of the Unsolved folder. More people will see it, and thus you are more likely to get a solution.

message 3: by Kris (last edited Apr 15, 2018 05:05PM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
James, can you describe the location and time period - realistic Earth, steampunk, future Earth, fantasy world, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the heroine - her age, job/skills, who she works for, rich/poor, family/friends, romantic interest, fully human?, etc.?

message 4: by James (new)

James Risenhoover (EpsilonAnder) | 7 comments It is more medieval in setting if I remember correctly. I think guns are a new invention and magic still plays a big part in the world. I think the girl is blonde and either late teens or early twenties. I think her craft is repairing things because she has a magic skill for it. If I remember correctly the cover is her standing next to a big metal horse with fighting all around her.

message 5: by Philip (new)

Philip | 5 comments Sounds a bit like the premise of the Girl Genius webcomic, but I don't think there's any world-hopping in that one, and it's more steampunk than fantasy.

message 7: by James (new)

James Risenhoover (EpsilonAnder) | 7 comments Yes! that's it! thank you

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Gold Unicorn (other topics)