What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Color of My Words
This topic is about The Color of My Words
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book: Latina girl climbs a tree because it's going to be cut. She loves that tree, sits in its branches & makes up stories/rhymes. Has a crush on older boy named Angel. Strange man gets her a birthday cake. Spoiler ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lashanda (last edited Mar 16, 2018 12:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lashanda (lashandaa) | 3 comments I'm trying to find a YA book about a latina girl who climbs a tree because for some reason it's been decided the tree needs to be cut. She loves that tree, she sits in its branches and makes up stories/rhymes. A strange man gets her cake for her birthday. Later it's implied her mother had an affair with that strange man. Sometimes when her father is drunk he shakes her and repeats "you're my daughter." She has a crush on older boy named Angel. Her older sister's name is Angela; Angel and Angela make a great couple and the whole town watches them dance on the beach during a community party.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Lashanda, please read the group pointers/rules at the top of the group page - which explain what to put in your header, and we also need to know when you read it.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34466 comments Mod
I added plot details and genre to the topic header/title. Feel free to edit it using the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Lashanda (lashandaa) | 3 comments Thank you for the pointers. I read this book in middle school I believe. So sometime around 2006-08.

message 5: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
I think this may be The Color of My Words

Lashanda (lashandaa) | 3 comments It is!! Thank you so much!