What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

How Come the Best Clues Are Always in the Garbage? (Stevie Diamond Mystery #1)
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Canadian YA Mystery about a Chicken Shop with Curly (?) Redheaded Protagonist. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kellyzen (last edited Mar 15, 2018 06:58PM) (new) - added it

Kellyzen | 3 comments I have been thinking about this book I read in like 1998, when I was 10 years old, on and off for a decade, and I cannot remember it for the life of me.

This is a book with a redheaded female Canadian young adult protagonist. I am 95% sure it was set in Vancouver. The girl lives with her mom and they don't have much money; the mom works a lot I think which leaves the girl time to do unsolicited snooping into events in the town. This one book is part of a series. I know the plot involves a chicken restaurant and I'm even pretty sure the restaurant is called "Cluck Cluck"? The copy of the book I had was forest green. I can't find ANYthing when I google it.

I know there is another book in the series that has something to do with lumberjacks, and the protagonist is suspicious about her mom's new boyfriend. (No memory of whether he was the bad guy in the end!)

This is driving me nuts. Any tips welcome.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19064 comments One of the Quincy Rumpel books?

message 3: by Kellyzen (new) - added it

Kellyzen | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "One of the Quincy Rumpel books?"

No, but thank you for replying!!

message 4: by Andria (last edited Mar 16, 2018 11:24AM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
I think these are the Stevie Diamond mysteries, by Linda Bailey. The first in the series is How Come the Best Clues Are Always in the Garbage? and How Can I Be a Detective If I Have to Baby-Sit? is the one with the lumberjacks.

http://www.lindabaileybooks.com/stevi...

message 5: by Kellyzen (new) - added it

Kellyzen | 3 comments Andria wrote: "I think these are the Stevie Diamond mysteries, by Linda Bailey. The first in the series is How Come the Best Clues Are Always in the Garbage? and [book:How Can I Be ..."

You are right!!!!! Thank you so much!!!