What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sex Education
This topic is about Sex Education
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Boy & Girl do social experiment as part of school project. Girl writes letters from mental institution. Spoiler ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hduvenage | 5 comments I thought the book title was David and I, but I keep coming up empty on that title.
I don't remember most of it. Just that it was a really moving book. The 2 children were about 16 or 17. They have to do a school project together and fall in love while working together. There is an accident and the boy dies. The girl is traumatised and as part of her terapy she writes these letters from hospital.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments There's a book called About David About David by Susan Beth Pfeffer . The description fits a bit.

How many years ago did you read this book? Do you remember anything about the cover?

Hduvenage | 5 comments I've read the book round about 1994, but it is one of those that stick with you. About David does sound very similar, but unfortunately it's not the one I am thinking of.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Hduvenage, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

Hduvenage | 5 comments Im still looking for the book title.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Still looking now?

message 7: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4165 comments If you are, it might be Sex Education? (If his death is spoiler - it looks like it, it's best if it is removed from the header and warning added).

Hduvenage | 5 comments Thank you!! That is the one.

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Added a spoiler alert to the topic header.