Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2018 and beyond > Time to Vote for the April tag

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (last edited Mar 15, 2018 09:20AM) (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6304 comments Please vote for the tag you would most like to read for April at the following link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6JTCYGY

You may click on the answer choices in the survey to see a listing of books that fit each tag.

Remember, you may cast up to a total of 10 participation points for your choice. Everyone gets one vote for free so please vote even if you don't have any participation points!

Some of you have earned the one time right to use 20 participation points as an award for completing one of our challenges. If you have that right, feel free to exercise it. You must have the 20 points saved in order to expend them.

You can see how many participation points you currently have in the spreadsheet below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Happy voting! Please cast your votes by 12 pm EST on 3/23.

Note: If no one choice receives more than 50% of the vote, people who chose the least popular choice will be asked to recast their votes for one of the remaining two options.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Voted, although I don't think my choice will win.

message 3: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1442 comments Voted, I'd be fine with any of them but went for probably a less popular choice. I must have missed the post, who got to nominate a tag this month?

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6304 comments Rachel wrote: "Voted, I'd be fine with any of them but went for probably a less popular choice. I must have missed the post, who got to nominate a tag this month?"

Linda C was our nominator this month!

message 5: by SANDYE (new)

SANDYE (sandye_c) for some reason I can't bring up the spreadsheet, It asks me to sign in to my Google account, I do (logging into my gmail account because I don't know what other Google account I have) and it says no spreadsheets available. I will vote my one free vote and hope for the best!

message 6: by Anita (last edited Mar 15, 2018 09:23AM) (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6304 comments SANDYE wrote: "for some reason I can't bring up the spreadsheet, It asks me to sign in to my Google account, I do (logging into my gmail account because I don't know what other Google account I have) and it says ..."

Hi Sandye,

That's strange because the settings are set to "anyone with the link can view.". I will try to private message you with the link to see if that works any better. You should not have to login to anything to see the spreadsheet . . .

However, for now, you have one point to use. But next month, I want you to be able to see your points, so please give this another try . . .hopefully we can figure out the problem.

A

message 7: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2762 comments voted Looking forward to this one.

message 8: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2220 comments All really interesting possibilities!

message 9: by Joni (new)

Joni | 609 comments Voted.....based on what I have most to read on my TBR.

message 10: by Elise (new)

Elise (ellinou) | 524 comments There was only one I had a bunch of TBRs on, so I voted for that one.

message 11: by Cynda (new)

Cynda Voted based on what I would like to read but never do.

message 12: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. | 1478 comments didn't even check TBR , went gut

message 13: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5645 comments Voted.

Eclectic choices this month...

message 14: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Voted.

I'd be okay with any of the three, but I prefer two of the three.

message 15: by Sushicat (new)

Sushicat | 804 comments Interesting choices. None of which is a label I use. I chose the one for which I have virtually nothing on my TBR (though it includes one I can strongly recommend).

message 16: by Robin (new)

Robin A SANDYE wrote: "for some reason I can't bring up the spreadsheet, It asks me to sign in to my Google account, I do (logging into my gmail account because I don't know what other Google account I have) and it says ..."

I couldn't either, but I thought it was cause I'm at work

message 17: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6304 comments Robin wrote: "SANDYE wrote: "for some reason I can't bring up the spreadsheet, It asks me to sign in to my Google account, I do (logging into my gmail account because I don't know what other Google account I hav..."

I sent the link to Sandye via private messaging and oddly, she was able to access the spreadsheet no problem from there. I will do the same for you. Not sure what the problem is!

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8303 comments Voted! I'd be quite happy with either of the obvious two.

message 19: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments Easy Peasy. I think the one I voted for will win.

message 20: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4916 comments I'm easy, I voted but don't really mind if it doesn't win.

message 21: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Easy choice for me.

Michelle (MichelleBookAddict) (maslme) | 186 comments Voted! Hoping mine wins because I don’t want to add any new tbr books for April. I’m trying to challenge myself with reading books I already have.

message 23: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5521 comments voted

message 24: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 857 comments Voted

message 25: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 414 comments It was really hard to pick just one I liked all three! No matter what I'm already really excited for next month!

message 26: by Michael (new)

Michael (mike999) | 569 comments Tough call for me over the writing tag and strong women. To get an idea about the way I would use the writing tag I liked the Listopia listing called Writers Who Write About Writers.

message 27: by Robin (new)

Robin A I was torn between 2 but did decide on one to vote for

message 28: by Sue (new)

Sue (mrskipling) Easy choice for me’

message 29: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 1060 comments Voted

message 30: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 783 comments Voted!

message 31: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6930 comments Voted, but didn't bother checking my points first ;).

I looked at all three shelves and voted, not worrying about whether or not it would expand my reading as I've read books on all three shelves. I wasn't torn, though, because it turned out that that was also my first choice as soon as I saw the shelves.

message 32: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Voted, based on books that I own and that will also work for challenges.

message 33: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8132 comments I should be ok with any of them. I do have a favourite that might match up better for my Listopia list, though.

message 34: by Cynda (new)

Cynda Hi Linda C which tag did you suggest?

message 35: by Hilde (new)

Hilde (hilded) | 365 comments My first vote is made, interesting choices:)

message 36: by Sushicat (new)

Sushicat | 804 comments Cynda wrote: "Hi Linda C which tag did you suggest?"

She's not supposed to tell us until the voting is over to avoid influencing the outcome.

message 37: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) annapi wrote: "I'm easy, I voted but don't really mind if it doesn't win."

Me too. I think I could find something for anything on my bookshelf.

message 38: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Voted with my 1 free vote lol

message 39: by Cynda (new)

Cynda Sushicat wrote: "Cynda wrote: "Hi Linda C which tag did you suggest?"

She's not supposed to tell us until the voting is over to avoid influencing the outcome."

Oh okay. That's right.

message 40: by Cynda (new)

Cynda Dlyn wrote: "Voted with my 1 free vote lol"

Me too Dly. I am saving points for that one time I really want to read that one tag.

message 41: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments Voted, I have a strong feeling Strong Women will win and I'm okay with that.

message 42: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2191 comments Michael wrote: "Tough call for me over the writing tag and strong women. To get an idea about the way I would use the writing tag I liked the Listopia listing called Writers Who Write About Writers."

I may have to use that Listopia if it Writing gets chosen! I don't have much there.

message 43: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2191 comments I voted based on all the books on my TBR!

message 44: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6304 comments Barbara wrote: "Michael wrote: "Tough call for me over the writing tag and strong women. To get an idea about the way I would use the writing tag I liked the Listopia listing called Writers Who Write About Writers..."

Ha ha, I would love the writing tag . . .but I fear I may be in the minority on that.

message 45: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6930 comments Anita wrote: "Barbara wrote: "Michael wrote: "Tough call for me over the writing tag and strong women. To get an idea about the way I would use the writing tag I liked the Listopia listing called Writers Who Wri..."

Well, if it wins I have books at home I can read for it, some of which I bought back around the time we "met" online.