What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Swan Kingdom
This topic is about The Swan Kingdom
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Upper Primary level book read in 2010 when in grade 6 about a girl who has to flee her kingdom after an evil woman came and started destroying it with evil magic (I think) [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claudia (new) - added it

Claudia | 2 comments I barely remember the book at all but my brain keeps telling me I need to find it. It kind of has a snow white/evil queen vibe.
The evil woman arrives in the kingdom and everything starts getting covered in her black magic kind of stuff and she wreaks havoc basically. I can't remember if the main girl was a princess or anything but they hid her in a carriage when the evil started and they took her to the countryside (I think she was not thrilled with this and complained). The evil woman was possibly a stepmother and the little girl (main character) possibly had magic as well but I'm not sure as I never finished it.
I read it in 2010 when I was in grade 6 but the book was definitely from a few years prior as the school rarely got new books. It was aimed at upper primary kids (12+ possibly) and was a possibly about 250 pages. The book possibly has a swan on the cover? I'm also pretty sure the book was a faded kind of red.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 769 comments 'The Swan Kingdom' by Zoe Marriott?
"Shadows fall across the beautiful, lush kingdom after the queen is attacked by an unnatural beast, and the healing skills of her daughter, Alexandra, cannot save her. Too soon the widowed king is spellbound by a frightening stranger, a woman whose eyes reflect no light. In a terrifying moment, all Alexandra knows disappears, including her beloved brothers, leaving her banished to a barren land. But Alexandra has more gifts than she realizes as she confronts magic, murder, and the strongest of evil forces, and is unflinchingly brave as she struggles to reclaim what is rightfully hers. Fantasy lovers will be held in thrall by this tale full of visual detail, peppered with a formidable destructive force and sweetened with familial and romantic love."

message 3: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4993 comments The Swan Kingdom for the link.

message 4: by Claudia (new) - added it

Claudia | 2 comments That is it!! Wow, I really forgot all the important plot points haha. Thank you so much!