Who's Your Author? discussion

Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5)
This topic is about Burn Bright
General Book Talk > Anyone reading Burn Bright?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Is anyone reading Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15) by Patricia Briggs ?
I am picking up my copy from the library tomorrow and I am super excited!

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I read it and really liked it. I was a bit surprised by what Bran did and didn't do.

message 3: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Ooo that sounds cryptic cannot wait!

Tina Bartz | 580 comments I want to read this one very badly...I will be checking at my library because I definitely won't be buying it until/unless the price goes down.

Delitealex | 60 comments Waiting for my hold to come in I'm pretty far down the list so it might be awhile :)

message 6: by Fiona (new) - added it

Fiona Abbott | 1 comments Finished it, it was excellent as usual. Agree, Bran's behavior was interesting. I liked that it all took place in Montana, too, in the pack territory and with so many of the pack members involved. (Asil is one of my favorites.)

message 7: by Marcia (new)

Marcia (marciameara) | 161 comments Read it on Kindle in two evenings, and loved it! Charles and Anna are favorites of mine. I enjoy them even more than Mercy and Adam, and this book made me remember why. As soon as I finished it, I ordered a signed print copy, and can't wait to see it on my library shelves. (I agree on Asil. He always adds an interesting note.)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments What did you guys think of Leah in this one?

(view spoiler)

message 9: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments The alpha and omega series is definitely one of my favorites and this one did not disappoint. I was trying to stretch it out so I could savor the story but once I hit fifty percent it was a wrap.

message 10: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Darcy wrote: "What did you guys think of Leah in this one?

[spoilers removed]"

I liked to see who she was, for so many books we have heard about her but she has never taken center stage so this was nice. But I doubt things would change especially given the comment at the end and I do not think she appreciates how much both the man and the wolf appreciate, cherish and love Anna.

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sandra | 4483 comments I loved it as well. Still hate Leah though :) I don't think she'll change, but Charles might be a bit more tolerant.

message 12: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Sandra wrote: "I loved it as well. Still hate Leah though :) I don't think she'll change, but Charles might be a bit more tolerant."

LOL @hate Leah she is just so so I dunno blah

message 13: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sandra | 4483 comments :D Absolutely, a douche bag!

Sarah S | 77 comments I loved it. so much good stuff in this one.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments It will be interesting how Leah is going forward, especially her interactions with Charles and Anna.

message 16: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sandra | 4483 comments I wonder whether we'll see as much of her as we did in Burn Bright, or whether it'll go back to just little snippets.

message 17: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments I would be fine with snippets and more Bran :-)

You know I must say I was really happy to get this book I thought the last one was the end of this series.

message 18: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sandra | 4483 comments LOL I'd be happy with snippets & more Bran as well :D

Not sure but I don't think she's said anything about finishing either series. I certainly hope she isn't thinking of it.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Sandra wrote: "LOL I'd be happy with snippets & more Bran as well :D

Not sure but I don't think she's said anything about finishing either series. I certainly hope she isn't thinking of it."

Me too!

message 20: by Kay (last edited May 24, 2018 09:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay | 33 comments Just finished the book and thought it was good. I want to know more about Leah. This book only gave a brief glimpse of who she is, I want to know more about her past and why she agreed to a loveless marriage. I can understand her pain and anger at being unloved by Bran but I don’t think she is unloved, I think she is uncherished.

I want more about Leah and Bran. How did they meet? Why did they agree to this farce of a marriage? Why do they stay together? We know so much about Mercy and Adam and Charles and Anna why not Bran and Leah.

(view spoiler)

message 21: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sandra | 4483 comments Kay can you add spoiler tags to that last bit please :)

message 22: by Kay (last edited May 24, 2018 09:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay | 33 comments Sandra wrote: "Kay can you add spoiler tags to that last bit please :)"

Oops, I fixed it!

message 23: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sandra | 4483 comments Thanks Kay!

I just started a re-read of Cry Wolf yesterday, and the bits of Leah I've seen so far (having read Burn Bright) where she comes out and attacks Anna before they are introduced even, are why we all hate her, regardless of her backstory. Though I agree about why the heck she agreed to such a marriage or was it that she loved him & thought she could change him?

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Sandra wrote: "Thanks Kay!

I just started a re-read of Cry Wolf yesterday, and the bits of Leah I've seen so far (having read Burn Bright) where she comes out and attacks Anna before they are introduced even, ar..."

It's funny you are re-reading Cry Wolf. I re-read both this series and the Mercy books. I was surprised at how much this book connected to the last Mercy book.

message 25: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sandra | 4483 comments I'm up to the bit where Charles & Anna are about to go into the Cabinet Mtns, but first Charles wants to talk to Asil :)

message 26: by Kay (last edited May 25, 2018 09:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay | 33 comments I relistened to the Alpha & Omega as well as the Mery series before diving into Burn Bright. I do recall the scene in Cry Wolf when Anna and Leah meet for the first time. I don’t think I ever really disliked Leah because I could understand her pain. Leah is portrayed as being a very strong, hard individual (think diamonds) but in the wake of Anna’s Omega Leah’s fissures of hurt and pain become visible. This is why I want to know more about her. What were the circumstances of Leah’s werewolf change? Was she robbed of her chances at motherhood the same way that Anna was? Leah’s maternal instincts come out in her interactions with Kara in Shifting Shadows.

(view spoiler)