What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

City of the Beasts (Eagle and Jaguar, #1)
This topic is about City of the Beasts
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fantasy(?) a kid is with or going to a relative. Ends up on a journey along a river to find a hidden/lost tribe. Read around 2009 [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jazmyne | 4 comments I read this book for middle schools around 2005 but it was around for awhile. Book includes a beast(?)Possibly. Details are a bit hazy. Think it was two kids, a boy and girl, and one of them ended up connecting with him a panther(?) telepathically almost. Villain I think wanted to “vaccinate” the village but it was poison because they were smarter and had powers almost that we did not. Something with one of the kids overhearing this in a church at the original village they left from. Oh and I think the main character was shocked and trying not to stare at the native women because their breasts were exposed. Think the river was called negro or niger. Something along those lines.

Martin | 30 comments You might be thinking of a whole series and mashing it up into one book. The part of the hidden tribe sounds like the book City of Beasts by Isabel Allende but the niger river part sounds like the third book in the series Forest of the Pygmies also by Isabel Allende. I read these books a decade ago though so I dont remember anything about vaccination, but I could be wrong.

Jazmyne | 4 comments That is totally it!!! Omg thank you!! I’ve been racking my brain for days

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Here's the link: City of the Beasts

So glad you found your book, Jazmyne! I'll mark this solved.