Shut Up & Read discussion

Archived Pick It For Me > April Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15468 comments Mod
What's a TBR Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

Like the name implies, those who participate in this monthly challenge will have a book selected for them by a partner. Partners will be randomly paired up. You will choose a book for your partner from their to read list (TBR), and they will choose one for you from your TBR list.

Once you have picked the book, come back to this thread and post what book you have chose for your partner. Also send a message to the person with the name of the book you have selected for them. Then when you're done with your book, come back to this thread and post your opinion so we know you have completed the challenge.

For this challenge, you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable) or make the person you're paired with your friend. I strongly advise keeping your bookshelves updated, otherwise you might end up with a recommendation for something that you've already read.

Sign up period will remain open until March 26 and you'll have until April 1 to make a selection for your partner.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1359 comments I'm in, Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 5: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy, I have added you.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1359 comments Thank you Leigh.

message 7: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "Thank you Leigh."

You are welcome.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in 

message 10: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

I have added everyone.

message 11: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Natalie wrote: "Sounds like fun.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

I hope you enjoy it.

message 13: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Carrie, I have added you.

message 14: by Taya (new)

Taya Fosmire (bibliotaya) | 134 comments is it too late to join?
if not, here is my shelf : https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 15: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Ariel wrote: "is it too late to join?
if not, here is my shelf : https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

I have added you.

message 16: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

PAIRS ARE UP

message 17: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy,

At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Sweet Unrest (Sweet Unrest #1) by Lisa Maxwell Double Eclipse (Summer on East End, #2) by Melissa de la Cruz . Hope you like one of these choices. Happy Reading!

message 18: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Ariel for you:

Paper Towns by John Green The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

All 5 star reads for me

Happy Reading!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Natalie

The picks for you are Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane , Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo , Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop

message 20: by Taya (new)

Taya Fosmire (bibliotaya) | 134 comments Carrie. The books I’ve chosen for you are :
The Memory Keepers Daughter, The Scarlett Letter, and Me Talk Pretty One Day.
Thank you for your picks for me. I will definitely try to get to at least one of them in the month of April
Happy Reading

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1359 comments Leigh wrote: "Tammy,

At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Sweet Unrest (Sweet Unrest #1) by Lisa Maxwell Double Eclipse (Summer on East End, #2) by Melissa de la Cruz. Hope you like one of these choices. Happy Reading!"

Thank you Leigh, I'm going to start with Double Eclipse

message 22: by Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (last edited Mar 29, 2018 09:21PM) (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1359 comments For you Leigh I have picked
Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini - just look at that dress,
Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo because well Wonder Woman, or
Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2) by Wendy Higgins - who doesn't like hot demons!

Enjoy

message 23: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nem02) Rina, my picks for you are:-

One last breath by Laura Griffin
Year One by Nora Roberts
Dark Lycan by Christine Feehan

message 24: by Carrie (last edited Mar 30, 2018 06:29AM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments I'm going to need repicks Ariel, I'm sorry none those are on my shelf I posted. Thank you for those ones you made.

message 25: by Taya (new)

Taya Fosmire (bibliotaya) | 134 comments Carrie wrote: "I'm going to need repicks Ariel, I'm sorry none those are on my shelf I posted. Thank you for those ones you made."

so sorry,

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton

message 26: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Thank you Ariel, didn't mean to come across ungrateful there. These new picks are great.

message 27: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "For you Leigh I have picked
Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini - just look at that dress,
Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo because well Wonder Woman, or
Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2) by Wendy Higgins..."

Thank you for the picks. I will go with Wonder Woman.

message 28: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nem02) Thanks for the picks Rina. Unholy ghosts was boring so glad I read that first. Written in red was amazing so I think I'll be reading more by Anne Bishop. Just started Six of crows and I'm already hooked.

Written in red
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Unholy ghosts
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 29: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy,

I finished Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo and loved it. Thank you again for the pick.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1359 comments I'm glad you liked it, I'm just starting my read Double Eclipse (Summer on East End, #2) by Melissa de la Cruz

message 31: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "I'm glad you liked it, I'm just starting my read Double Eclipse (Summer on East End, #2) by Melissa de la Cruz"

I hope you like it.