What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Dead Kid Did It (Spinetinglers, #10)
This topic is about The Dead Kid Did It
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/juvenile horror - Boy haunted by a ghost that used his locker in the past [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (last edited Mar 12, 2018 03:32AM) (new) - added it

Kat (neko_cat86) | 3 comments *Solved please move*

I read this book in the mid-to late 90's, it was like the R.L. Stine Goosebumps series. I'm not sure if it was a series or not. It was one of the children's horror books from then.

The cover is a grey/blue faced ghost boy wearing a ball cap with hollow eyes coming out of a locker with a smirking smile.

Either the protagonist or the ghost was named Jonathan (sp?). He might have been a zombie/undead, I can't remember for sure. Protagonist used the ghost's former locker and connected with the ghost. I think there was a secret passage to an older part of his school through the locker. There were various mysterious happenings throughout the school.

The story ends with the school's principal building a playground underground for the little ghosts/zombies.

It's not the Graveyard School series, but the style of cover was similar. I'm pretty sure it didn't have a border on the cover though.

message 3: by Kat (last edited Mar 12, 2018 08:31PM) (new) - added it

Kat (neko_cat86) | 3 comments Yes that’s it! Thank you so much!

Also, I'm really impressed with how well I remembered the cover....I think it's because it really creeped me out at the time.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Dead Kid Did It (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

M.T. Coffin (other topics)