A TO Z BOOK CHALLENGE discussion

2014 Pick it For Me > PICK IT FOR ME AUGUST 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (last edited Aug 09, 2014 02:22PM) (new)

Linda Bourg | 478 comments Mod
Hello everyone!

Find your name on the list below and then click on the person below you. This will be who you are picking for. The last person will pick for the first person. You will choose a book for that person off of their to be read list and that is one book you read for August. Please if you participate choose book in timely manner for the person you need to choose for. If after 4 days you have not been chosen a book let me know and I will choose one for you.

Don't know if i have enough members to play this game, but going to put it out there and see. Have a great day.

The List So Far:
Linda....Petticoat Ranch
Brenda...Heart's Awakening
Rita.....The Longest Ride
Lisa.....On Every Side
Noel.....The Kitchen House
Darlene..The Kept (if you can find it) or Hidden
Brittany.Thankful
Wendy....Why do all the locals think we're crazy
Janine... You are Here

message 2: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

I"m in choose a book for me :)

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Roberson I'll give it a try

message 4: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

welcome Brenda. i love this game i play it on some of my other groups, so wanted to add it to mine but don't know how many people will play, so right now i pick for you and if no one lists under you then you will choose for me but lets wait and see if we get more players. I will wait until July 31st and then we can close it out. Happy Reading and have a great day.

message 5: by Rita (new)

Rita | 76 comments I'm in..sounds like fun! Sometimes it is so hard for me to choose which book to read next...

message 6: by Lisa (last edited Jul 23, 2014 08:48AM) (new)

Lisa Anne Morrow | 9 comments I'm in, too. Sounds like fun! I still need "K", "N", "X", "Y", and "Z".

Noel Arndt Caryl | 97 comments I'm in - where should I post the book for my person.

message 8: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Rita,Lisa and Noel. I am giving members a chance to join so i will close this challenge out on July 31st Noel. Then the person that posts directly underneath your post (excluding this one)lol will be the person you choose for, go to there to be read lists and choose a book come back here and Tell that person this is the book i choose for you this month. So you will come back on this link and post it Starting the evening of July 31st onward. Have a great evening.

message 9: by Darlene (new)

Darlene (darlenelozada) | 155 comments I would like to join also

message 10: by Terrie (new)

Terrie | 8 comments Sorry I can't pick or purchase books picked for me. I am on a very limited income and have to read just what's available. I live in the country and dont have access to the library.

message 11: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

That's ok Terrie welcome to A to Z, hope you enjoy reading through the alphabet with us through the year. Happy reading :)

message 12: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Hi Linda,
I would like to participate, but have a question. I am constantly working on my to be read list, with review books on top of that. So, if the picked book is one I own, or easily accessible at my library...or a very affordable ebook, then I will be able to do it. I know the person picking the book won't know if I have easy access to the book. If I can't do that particular book, is it ok to pass on it or request that they pick a different one? Or do I just wait till the next month?

message 13: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Brittany that would be fine,because sometimes i don't have access to certain books either. Just let that person know to choose another book from your list or if you want you can make up a new list naming it my available books and then that person will choose from that list for you instead of the to be read list. Hope you can join us, i always enjoyed this challenge. God Bless and have a great day

message 14: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Ok, great! Sign me up for it.

message 15: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Ok glad you could join us. have a great day. On July 31st i will close this challenge out and we will pick for one another. so keep checking in have a great day.

message 16: by Rita (new)

Rita | 76 comments Ok Lisa, I have picked the book for you to read for August from your list. It is...On Every Side by Karen Kingsbury!! Karen talks about a city that this happened in, Marshfield,Wisconsin...this is where I live, so I thought what a great book for you to read.
Enjoy and let me know along the way what you think....
Rita

message 17: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

I love Karen Kingsbury she is now my favorite author. I think Lisa will enjoy the book you chose for her and thanks for playing along.

message 18: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Ok we can start choosing if you have someone under your name. If you are the last person that is the one who chooses for me hold out until Thursday in case someone else joins us. I will send out a notice on Tues for last call to join challenge. Thanks and have a blessed Sunday.

message 19: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Ok for Brenda i choose this book for August Hearts Awakening (Hearts Along The River #1) by Delia Parr

I hope you enjoy this book, let me know how you like it.

Happy Reading, Linda :)

message 20: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Roberson Ok Rita for you I pick "The Longest Ride" by Nickolas Sparks. I choose this one cause I have it on my Wish a List on Amazon and would like to know if it is worth buying. Let me know and I hope you enjoy it.

message 21: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Roberson Linda, after we finish our chosen book what should we do? Come back here and say whether we like it or not? Kinda like a mini review? Or just state whether we read it or not?

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Anne Morrow | 9 comments Noel, I have chosen "The Kitchen House" for you to read. It sounds like it will be a good one.

Lisa

message 23: by Rita (new)

Rita | 76 comments Linda.I am not very good with computer..so I hope you can answer my question...How do you get the cover of a book in your message?
Thanks!
Rita

message 24: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Brenda yes you come back her and give it a review and how you liked the book.

message 25: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Rita, when you go to add book there will be a place to type in the name of the book and then right under that there is link or cover. if you click on cover when you select the book you are looking for click add and it will show the cover.

message 26: by Darlene (new)

Darlene (darlenelozada) | 155 comments Brittany I chose thankful by Shelley shepherd gray I enjoyed it hope you enjoy it also

message 27: by Noel Arndt Caryl (new)

Noel Arndt Caryl | 97 comments Lisa wrote: "Noel, I have chosen "The Kitchen House" for you to read. It sounds like it will be a good one.

Lisa"

I have requested it from the library Lisa - I look forward to reading it. And I will let you know what I think! Thank you!!

message 28: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Darlene wrote: "Brittany I chose thankful by Shelley shepherd gray I enjoyed it hope you enjoy it also"

Thanks Darlene! I have requested it from the library. :-)

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Anne Morrow | 9 comments Rita wrote: "Ok Lisa, I have picked the book for you to read for August from your list. It is...On Every Side by Karen Kingsbury!! Karen talks about a city that this happened in, Marshfield,Wisconsin...this is ..."

Thanks, Rita! I've read a lot of Karen Kingsbury books, but I haven't read this one yet.

message 30: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Noel, i believe you have to choose for Darlene, so you can go ahead and do so. Seems like everyone has their book chosen except for Darlene and myself, But i have to wait and see if anyone else joins us, if not then Brittany will choose for me. Will close out challenge on Thursday evening..So please keep in touch and choose for the person under you name Thanks and have a blessed day :)

message 31: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Yep, I am just waiting to see if anyone else signs up and will otherwise choose for you when you close it to entries

message 32: by Wendy (last edited Jul 29, 2014 09:46AM) (new)

Wendy Yes, I would like to participate. My shelf to pick books from is A-Z Possible TBR

Linda wrote: "Hello everyone!
Find your name on the list below and then click on the person below you. This will be who you are picking for. The last person will pick for the first person. You will choose a boo..."

message 33: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Hi Wendy, Here is my pick for you:
Why Do All the Locals Think We're Crazy?
Looks like a fun book!

message 34: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Wendy glad you could join us. Hope you enjoy the book chosen for you have a great day and Happy Reading :)

message 35: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Thank you! hmmm CrAzY.I am wondering if there is a theme going on here. This month I have been reading Crazy All the time and now next month I will be reading Why do all the Locals think we're Crazy?

Brittany wrote: "Hi Wendy, Here is my pick for you:
Why Do All the Locals Think We're Crazy?
Looks like a fun book!"

message 36: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Thank you Linda! I am sure will.

Linda wrote: "Welcome Wendy glad you could join us. Hope you enjoy the book chosen for you have a great day and Happy Reading :)"

message 37: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Ok Last Call to join the Pick It for me challenge here on A to Z. I will be CLOSED as of 6 pm tomorrow July 31st. Hope you join us today, if not then maybe you can join us next month. Thanks to all participates. Enjoy your book and have a blessed evening.

message 38: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Linda wrote: "Ok Last Call to join the Pick It for me challenge here on A to Z. I will be CLOSED as of 6 pm tomorrow July 31st. Hope you join us today, if not then maybe you can join us next month. Thanks to all..."

I have one picked out for you if no one else signs up.

message 39: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Ok Wendy if no one else signs up post it tomorrow evening after 6pm. I am anxious to see what i will be reading :)

message 40: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Linda wrote: "Ok Wendy if no one else signs up post it tomorrow evening after 6pm. I am anxious to see what i will be reading :)"

Okay will do. It looks really good!

message 41: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

LOL now i am really anxious. I love to read, i do work so i don't have as much time as i would like to. But since i am single when i get home i have a book in my hand.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds like fun. I would like to give it a shot lol

message 43: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Janine, glad you could join in Wendy will have to pick a book for you.. And if no one else joins then you will pick for me tomorrow evening. Have a great evening.

message 44: by Wendy (last edited Jul 31, 2014 10:20AM) (new)

Wendy Janine - I picked for you off your z-reading-challenge-novella shelf You Are Here by Liz Fichera You Are Here

Janine wrote: "Sounds like fun. I would like to give it a shot lol"

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

OK thank you Wendy. I will read it tomorrow as I have it on kindle lol. Now since it is a short novella (only 73 pages) I don't mind if a second book is chosen.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

And Linda I have a book chosen for you if no one else joins lol

message 47: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Janine wrote: "OK thank you Wendy. I will read it tomorrow as I have it on kindle lol. Now since it is a short novella (only 73 pages) I don't mind if a second book is chosen."

Do you want me to pick from the same shelf?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Sure that's fine. There is a combo of novellas and novels, and combo of library and kindle books lol

message 49: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Janine wrote: "Sure that's fine. There is a combo of novellas and novels, and combo of library and kindle books lol"

Only problem is there no more of the letters you need in the list.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Wendy wrote: Only problem is there no more of the letters you need in the list."

If that is why you choose it thank you but I didn't even think that way honestly though that would make sense to me. I am not worried about the letter Y since Christmas books usually start with Yuletide or Yule or something. As a matter of fact in November there is a book Yuletide Baby that is on my "new releases" list. I have read authors with V and Y but I didn't list those because of the fact that I know that I can get a hold of books starting with those letters that I have already read in the past years. Q I have read books that have the letter in the title if I can't find anything that starts with the letter Q. X is really the only letter I think I am going to struggle with LOL. So does that help?

« previous 1