Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,621 (1621 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 32 33

message 1: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 119 comments Mod
This is where new members can introduce themselves, and maybe say how they found out about Hunger Games or what their favorite part is.

I'm Rachel, I found out about it when I read it for my library reading group, and I'm not sure what my favorite part was. I really like the Reaping and the scene where all of the Tributes are interviewed.

I'm sorry if there's already a thread for this that I didn't see.

message 2: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) there is... of course, the name of the topic slips my mind. anyways, I'm Naomi, not really new per se, I found out about the book from my school librarian, and we read it in the school book club, and I have no fav part. ...I don't think... hmmm, I might have to think on that one. Maybe after I've re-read it...

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire | 15 comments I'm Claire, and I joined fairly recently. I found out about The Hunger Games from my best friend (and later convinced five other peeps to read it). My favorite part in The Hunger Games is during the games, when Peeta is going on about how Katniss is so bad at lying. I also (somehow) like the berry part. Reply Yes if you like these parts too! Oh plus I like all the flashbacks.

message 4: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

I love the berry part! It's one of my 2nd favorite parts. I've had no luck converting people to the awesomenss of The Hunger Games, unfortunately.

message 5: by Library (new)

Library Maven (libmaven) I am Linda. I received The Hunger Games as an ARC (advance reading copy)and fell in love with it immediately!

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire | 15 comments Library wrote: "I am Linda. I received The Hunger Games as an ARC (advance reading copy)and fell in love with it immediately!"

lol i received and ARC of the second one-its soo good

message 7: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) Tell nothing!

message 8: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie (comeonskinnylove) | 5 comments I'm Stefanie and I found out from Stephenie Meyer's website.
I don't really know what my fave part is..

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey i'm kaela! the hunger games is my new favorite book! i'm so excited for catching fire to come out!!!

message 10: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Hi Kaela! Hey Stefanie! Welcome to the group! I don't believe the next is going to be out so soon!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! When i started the hunger games i didn't know that it was a trilogy so i was WAYYYY surprised at the end! lol

message 12: by Summer (last edited Aug 22, 2009 11:37AM) (new)

Summer | 508 comments Hey, I'm Summer. By the way my picture to the left was orrigonally supposed to be Katniss fanart but I had no place to put it on the web. We look alike sort of anyhow.

I found out about the Hunger Games from one of my friends. She kept reading it in Social Studies, extreemely enthralled and missing about half of what the teacher said so I decided to give it a whack.

I think some of my favorite parts would be the berries, when she finds Peeta, and the the scenes where they're being interviewed towards the end. Don't know why really but anywho...

oıɔoɹ/rocio♥ (lalis26) HIIII!! I'm Rocio.

message 14: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Wha? I changed my pic but if you go to my pictures I still have the Kat portriat, up right now is Peeta's hand lol.

message 15: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Hi Rocio! Welcome! :D

message 16: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Hola Rocio!

And why thank you Jenn haha.

oıɔoɹ/rocio♥ (lalis26) Hola! :)

message 18: by Carly (new)

Carly | 286 comments omg, I love your pic!!!!

message 19: by Farhiya Ali (new)

Farhiya Ali  (goodreadcomblack_rose) | 15 comments hi everyone im black_rose, friend recommended the hunger games to me and i cant blve how much love it,
just finished catching fire and im soooo sad, love peeta.
cant wait for the 3rd book

message 20: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Hello Black_Rose! I know, talk about depressing endings.

message 21: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Hi Black Rose! Welcome to the group!

message 22: by Farhiya Ali (new)

Farhiya Ali  (goodreadcomblack_rose) | 15 comments thanks summer and rechel, it was very depressing i cant seem even read another book.still have catching fire in my head.lol

message 23: by Carly (new)

Carly | 286 comments my friend stole my copy of catching fire :(

message 24: by Farhiya Ali (new)

Farhiya Ali  (goodreadcomblack_rose) | 15 comments that is horroble

message 25: by Carly (new)

Carly | 286 comments i know, i am so mad

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

XO!!!!!!

message 27: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Carly wrote: "my friend stole my copy of catching fire :("

That's awful! I hate it someone never returns a book you lent them *cough*like my mom*cough*.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

XD

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

X|

message 30: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Uh... like me?? hehe. Just some advice, don't lend me a book.

message 31: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Haha. I gave the chronicles of narnia to my friend last spring and I haven't seen it since.

message 32: by Farhiya Ali (new)

Farhiya Ali  (goodreadcomblack_rose) | 15 comments i dont give my book to anyone not even my friend(she doesnt look after them) they look as new as the day i got them. ppl tell me sell them on amezon but i dont want to i like to re-read some of them.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

hmmmm interesting. i feel realy bad wen i borrow a book and dont return it for like a cupple months :( once i had borrowed the same book from two of my friends and then i couldnt tell which was which and i kept them for like 3months

message 34: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

; )♥¡ǝuıloɹɐɔ oılʍǝʞ ɹǝdns!♥; ) wrote: " once i had borrowed the same book from two of my friends and then i couldnt tell which was which and i kept them for like 3months "i>

That happened to me once! Luckily, though, one of the friends I borrowed it from is extremely picky about her books, and was able to tell which was hers from a tiny stain on one of the pages. XD

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

oh wow :O

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

oh wow O.o

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

oh wow O.o

message 38: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments I've had some ones book for two years. But she did kind of force me into barrowing it and I really didn't want to read it then she left our church. Greeeeaaaat. Lol. I still feel super bad.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

hahaha

message 40: by Farhiya Ali (new)

Farhiya Ali  (goodreadcomblack_rose) | 15 comments lol, i got a book from my labrary and didnt return it for months and told my friend to drop it off when she was going and she had to pay the fine that was due for like 3 month lol. now she is planing how to get back at me..lol

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

im so angry at the library in my town i remember the day returning my book, and i remember puting it in the bin and theyv already sent me 2 notices that its missing and i checked it out in like sept or oct X( X( X( X( X( X(

message 42: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) | 132 comments Hi. I'm Tiffany. I sound too normal. BEEEELLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYBBBBBBUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOONNNNN!!!!!

message 43: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Lol. Aloha Tiffany!

message 44: by Carly (new)

Carly | 286 comments haha

message 45: by Farhiya Ali (new)

Farhiya Ali  (goodreadcomblack_rose) | 15 comments hehehe hey tiffany

message 46: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) | 132 comments Hmmm... I wonder! Let me think.... NO. Wait. Yeah. NO.

>.<

message 47: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Hi Tiffany! Hi Jillian!

I <3 Cinna too. ;)

message 48: by Megan (new)

Megan Mweemba (meganlovesbooks) Hi, I'm Megan.

A friend told me about the Hunger Games, so I looked online and read the first chapter. After that, I was HOOKED. I got a copy of the book as soon as I could and just ate it up!! I think one of my favorite parts is in the second book, when **spoilers for those who haven't read it!!!!****
Cinna gets shot, and then Katniss goes out to the area full of water!
Yeah, that's kind of a weird fave part, I know, but seriously, when I read that, I freaked out. I just paced around my living room saying "ohmygoodness. ohmygoodness. ohmygoodness." and my brother looked at me weird.
When a book can do that to me, it's just... amazing!!
So, yeah. Oh and Peeta is awesome!

message 49: by Carly (new)

Carly | 286 comments noooooooooooooooo

message 50: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Welcome to the group, Megan! As far as the second book goes, my favorite scene at the moment is the whipping scene. :'(

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 32 33