Gaston Library discussion

Monthly Reading Wrap Ups > December 2017 Monthly Reading Wrap Up

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Jan 03, 2018 07:45AM) (new)

Jessica Holbrook (jessicalh08) | 252 comments Mod
Well, I got what I asked for in my last monthly update. Our weather definitely got colder! Hope you all are staying warm!

I was able to beat my reading goal by 1 book this year, 51/50! If you had a reading goal, how'd you do this year? Let us know below!

This month I read…
Heartless by Marissa Meyer- I listened to this on audio, but I think it would have been better reading the physical book. I didn’t really get into it at first, I think because of the narrator, but kept listening. Once I got towards the end it got much better though. It is not a happy ending by any means, but it is still a great ending!

Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham- I loved Lauren Graham’s memoir, so I was really looking forward to this book. It was a good, quick, light hearted read that I definitely enjoyed. I did give it 4 stars, however, it is not a book that will stick with you after you finish it.

The End by Lemony Snicket- This series is still just so good. I’m so glad I took the time to reread it this year. Now to wait for season 2 of the Netflix show in March!

The Deal of a Lifetime by Fredrik Backman- This author breaks my heart, but makes me smile at the same time, every time I read one of his books. This book was no different. It’s Christmas themed and is only 60 pages, so I read it in one sitting on Christmas Eve and really enjoyed it.

What Light by Jay Asher- Another Christmas one! I didn’t expect to like this book as much as I did. I was just looking for a light, quick Christmas read, but this book exceeded my expectations. I do have to warn you though, if you don’t like cheesy books then this is not a book for you.

What did you read this month? Be sure to share down below!

Happy Reading and Happy Holidays!!

message 2: by Kendall (new)

Kendall | 58 comments Mod
Congratulations on beating your goal!

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Holbrook (jessicalh08) | 252 comments Mod
Thank you Kendall! =)