What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Richest Kids in Town
This topic is about The Richest Kids in Town
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book about two boys finding ways to amuse themselves over summer break (including duck race). [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aleia | 16 comments Hello! I am looking for a children's book about two boys trying to find ways to amuse themselves / make money over summer break. One specific detail I remember is a rubber-duck race. They wrote the numbers of contestants on the bottom of the ducks, but the names ended up washing off during the race. Every plan they devised to make money failed. The book was in the children's section at the library, and I think it may have had a yellow cover. I thought the title was something like "How To Have The Best Summer Ever" (or something along those lines), but I can't seem to find it in my search results, so I may be mistaken. Please help!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
When did you read it or when was it published?

Aleia | 16 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "When did you read it or when was it published?"

I have no idea when it was published, although I probably read it in 2007-2010. Thanks for the reply!

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments Sorry, not an answer, but a couple of guesses...I wonder if it's one of the Soup books by Robert Newton Peck. They're about two friends, Soup and Rob, coming up with schemes to either make money or just have fun, and getting into trouble while doing it.

Or maybe How to Get Fabulously Rich by Thomas Rockwell, the sequel to How to Eat Fried Worms.

The other author it brings to mind is Stephen Manes. (especially with the title--he wrote How to Be A Perfect Person in Just Three Days, and I think there was at least one sequel.)

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments I found the other Stephen Manes title--Make Four Million Dollars by Next Thursday!

It's probably not right, but just in case!

message 7: by Aleia (last edited Jan 07, 2018 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aleia | 16 comments Kelly wrote: "Sorry, not an answer, but a couple of guesses...I wonder if it's one of the Soup books by Robert Newton Peck. They're about two friends, Soup and Rob, coming up with schemes to either make money or..."

Thank you so much for the suggestions, although I'm afraid none of them are the ones I am looking for!

Aleia | 16 comments Ayshe wrote: "The Richest Kids in Town by Peg Kehret maybe?"

That's the one! No doubt about it. Tremendous thanks to you!!