Mount TBR 2018 discussion

Level 1: Pike's Peak (12 books) > Marni's first climb

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marni (new)

Marni (marnitanya) | 12 comments I have so many books I own that *need* to be read, including a giant kindle backlog......

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) I worked out I had 300+ Kindle books on my TBR shelf here on Goodreads - so you and I are going to try and trim some of them I guess!

message 3: by Marni (new)

Marni (marnitanya) | 12 comments Hilary S wrote: "I worked out I had 300+ Kindle books on my TBR shelf here on Goodreads - so you and I are going to try and trim some of them I guess!"

Oh, that makes me a little afraid to count mine! But yes, let's get those lists down!

message 4: by Marni (new)

Marni (marnitanya) | 12 comments I'm counting my Audible books, because the more I think about it, the more they're adding to my backlog. I have those, and yet I get other books from the library to listen to. WHY???

message 5: by Marni (last edited Feb 09, 2018 10:48AM) (new)

Marni (marnitanya) | 12 comments Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) by Diana Gabaldon
Drums of Autumn - Outlander #4
One book down, 11 to go. This was in my Audible backlog.

message 6: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (cseydel) | 17 comments Nice! That's a long one, but a good one :) I've wonder how it is to listen to the Outlander series rather than reading them. I bet the accents really add a lot.

Happy to see someone else starting in February. Now I don't feel so behind! I think I'll get one whole book off my list by the end of February, just because I've read only library books so far this year!

message 7: by Marni (new)

Marni (marnitanya) | 12 comments Carrie wrote: "Nice! That's a long one, but a good one :) I've wonder how it is to listen to the Outlander series rather than reading them. I bet the accents really add a lot.

Happy to see someone else starting ..."

I totally understand! I have read 4 books total this year, but 3 were from the library..... I'm trying to fit books I own to the prompts I'm doing, but, the books from the library are so enticing!

message 8: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 163 comments Marni wrote: "Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) by Diana Gabaldon
Drums of Autumn - Outlander #4
One book down, 11 to go. This was in my Audible backlog."

I really want to continue on with the Outlander series, but I'm stuck in Dragonfly in Amber and can't seem to go on. I think in audiobook form it'll be easier, perhaps, since I can listen to it while going to work or doing chores. Maybe that will finally unstuck me.

message 9: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (cseydel) | 17 comments I got as far as A Breath of Snow and Ashes and I just couldn’t get into them anymore. Maybe I’ll try again, since a few years have passed! I think the first three are probably the best, though.

message 10: by Marni (new)

Marni (marnitanya) | 12 comments I have read them all on audiobook. Or should I say listen. I really enjoy the narrator. It does make it easier to slog through the slower parts. I’m not sure when I’m going to start #5 though, since I don’t own it yet…

message 11: by Marni (last edited May 22, 2018 09:58AM) (new)

Marni (marnitanya) | 12 comments Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - #2 down.

I really loved this book. I loved how he took an abstract idea I've known about for most of my life and used it in a tangible narrative way. Highly recommend!!

Working on my giant kindle backlog!!!

message 12: by Marni (new)

Marni (marnitanya) | 12 comments Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris - #3 down.

This was so-so. It kept my attention, but the antagonist fell flat to me. I had been expecting a page-turning thriller and it fell short of expectations. The fantastic final 2 pages didn't quite make up for the rest.

Another kindle book down!