YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Macchiato Chat (F)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ✦ Maica ✦ (last edited Jan 14, 2018 12:35AM) (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Team Macchiato
Jordan
Maica
Lisa
Janor
Jasmine
Mia
Klancy
Raynbow
Ariel

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Categories:
-read a new-to-you author,
-read a new-to-you series
-read a new-to-you genre
-read a new book (published 2017/2018)
-read a book with less than 100 ratings on Goodreads
-read an ARC
-read a book with 'new' in the title

Please check in as soon as you can! Good luck to us!

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments Checking in :)

message 3: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments @Lisa, hello! Do you have any books you plan on reading?

message 4: by mia ☆ (new)

mia ☆ (mindofmia) | 20 comments hi!! checking in:))

message 5: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments @mia hi! Do you have any books you plan on reading?

message 6: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments I added you both btw :)

message 7: by mia ☆ (new)

mia ☆ (mindofmia) | 20 comments here are my planned reads for the month!! let me know if anyone wants to buddy read :)

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie We Are Okay by Nina LaCour The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith

message 8: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments I've been interested with reading We Are Okay by Nina LaCour . I'd love to do a buddy read with you :)

message 9: by Klancy (last edited Jan 02, 2018 07:12AM) (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Checking in! I started reading Turtles All the Way Down by John Green yesterday, so I should finish it in a couple of days.

I can definitely do a buddy read for Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo , And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and We Are Okay by Nina LaCour

message 10: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Hello! Checking in :)

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine | 860 comments Hi I'm not from the team but I would like to join you guys for We Are Okay by Nina LaCour

message 12: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Yay! Only two more people left to check in until our team is complete :)

message 13: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments When do you plan on reading We Are Okay by Nina LaCour and Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo ?

message 14: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments I plan on finishing the book I'm currently reading tonight, so I could start We Are Okay by Nina LaCour by tomorrow. Whatever works best for everyone who wants to participate :)

message 15: by mia ☆ (new)

mia ☆ (mindofmia) | 20 comments I can start any of them whenever!

message 16: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments I'm good with tomorrow :)

message 17: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Okay, awesome! I'll request a buddy read thread for We Are Okay by Nina LaCour that starts tomorrow!

I've heard such great things about the book, so I can't wait to read it :)

message 18: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Same! I've been meaning to read this book for a while now but I've always pushed it back. I can't wait to start it ^^

message 19: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments I just finished The Gravity of Us (Elements, #4) by Brittainy C. Cherry . I'll post the review tomorrow :)

message 20: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Abbie just restarted the buddy read thread today for We Are Okay by Nina LaCour ! Here's the link to the thread:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Happy reading, everyone! :)

message 21: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83081 comments Mod
Adding Ariel to your team ☺

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments Hello Ariel :)

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments So, hello everyone :D

I'd like to read A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2) by Kendare Blake Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3) by Rick Riordan Aerie (Magonia, #2) by Maria Dahvana Headley Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo .

Which i read will depend if someone wants to read them too and how many... on how much time i have after work :)

message 24: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments @Lisa, I think Mia also wants to read Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo :)

message 25: by Klancy (last edited Jan 03, 2018 05:12PM) (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments I would love to read Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo with you guys too :)

Also, do we want to set a time where each of us reading We Are Okay by Nina LaCour meet on the buddy read thread to discuss the book? Or are we just going to post on the buddy read thread as we make progress reading on our own?

Right now I'm 53% done with the book!

message 26: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Hello!

message 27: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments I’m currently reading Scythe. Not sure what else I’ll read after. I have to check the BR feed for this month!

message 28: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments @Ariel, hello! It's nice to see that you're my team mate again :) Also, is there a BR thread for Scythe? I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now

message 29: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments @Klancy I'd love to do that. It sounds fun! :D

message 30: by mia ☆ (new)

mia ☆ (mindofmia) | 20 comments @Klancy that sounds great!! I’m going to start We Are Okay by Nina LaCour in a bit:)

message 31: by mia ☆ (new)

mia ☆ (mindofmia) | 20 comments yes I also would love to buddy read for Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo !!!:)

message 32: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Maica wrote: "@Ariel, hello! It's nice to see that you're my team mate again :) Also, is there a BR thread for Scythe? I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now"

I know, it’s been forever but I am back until summer as always (that’s when I get lazy). There isn’t a BR for Scythe yet. I can set on up if you’d like? When will you be able to get the book?

message 33: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Ariel wrote: "Maica wrote: "@Ariel, hello! It's nice to see that you're my team mate again :) Also, is there a BR thread for Scythe? I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now"

I know, it’s been forever bu..."

I love summer, it's when I get the most books read xD Sure that sounds great! I already have the ebook so we can start whenever

message 34: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments I requested a BR thread for Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo for the 6th ^^

message 35: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 95 comments Checking in!

message 36: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Maica wrote: "Ariel wrote: "Maica wrote: "@Ariel, hello! It's nice to see that you're my team mate again :) Also, is there a BR thread for Scythe? I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now"

I know, it’s b..."

Let's start today, I will request the thread :) I am waiting on my other books from the library

message 37: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments @ Mia and Maica Awesome! I would love to talk to you guys and see what you think about the book :) Maybe we could meet up on the thread to discuss the beginning of the book tomorrow night or the night after?

Also, hi Jordan and Ariel! Welcome to the team :)

message 38: by Raynbow (new)

Raynbow | 16 comments I’m here! Sorry for the delay in checking in!

message 39: by Raynbow (new)

Raynbow | 16 comments I’m reading Wolf by Wolf (Wolf by Wolf, #1) by Ryan Graudin right now! Should be starting Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller next!

message 40: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments @Klancy, what time? I'm from the Philippines so our time zones may be a little bit off xD

message 41: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments @Raynbow no problem, thanks for checking in! :)

@Jordan hello. Thanks for checking in! ^^

message 42: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments @Maica - I'm 13 hours behind you I think, so maybe 11:00 AM your time? :)

@Raynbow - Welcome to the team!

message 43: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Klancy wrote: "@Maica - I'm 13 hours behind you I think, so maybe 11:00 AM your time? :)

@Raynbow - Welcome to the team!"

Great! I'll make sure to wake up before 11 xD

message 44: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments To those who want to read Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo . The BR thread is up! :)

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments Thank you :)

I'd like to join you guys for Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman :) Forgot that i got i from the library :D

Greetings from Austria :) (we don't have kangaroos...)
Where do you guys come from?

message 46: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Lisa wrote: "Thank you :)

I'd like to join you guys for Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman :) Forgot that i got i from the library :D

Greetings from Austria :) (we don't have kangaroos...)
Where do you guys come from?"

Awesome! I've read a few chapter and so far I'm loving it.
I'm from the Philippines where it's basically summer everyday

message 47: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments The link is up for Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman . I’ll be finishing it today, I can’t put it down! See you on the thread!

message 48: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Hey, guys! I haven't read much in the past couple of days...I was experiencing a mini reading slump. But I started The Adjustment (The Program, #5) by Suzanne Young today, so hopefully I'll get back on track! :)

@Lisa - I'm from the US!

message 49: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments @Klancy, that's okay. I've been feeling the same way. I keep starting books and not finishing them. Good luck with The Adjustment! I loveeeed the first book but the second one was kind of a let down for me. I can't wait to see your thoughts on the third one! :)

message 50: by Raynbow (new)

Raynbow | 16 comments Finally finished Wolf by Wolf (Wolf by Wolf, #1) by Ryan Graudin ! Long, but good.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.