YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Filtered - Chat (s)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bayan (last edited Jan 02, 2018 04:33AM) (new)

Bayan Turshan (bayannturshan) | 127 comments Team Filtered
Alaina
Cindee
Felicia
Cinthia
Bayan

Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Oooh yay! My first time making a thread lol, checking in!

message 2: by Bayan (new)

Bayan Turshan (bayannturshan) | 127 comments I’ve already started my first read it’s the hate u give and the author is new to me and the book is 500 pages and I’m doing a buddy read too! How about you guys?

message 3: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Hi team! :D

message 4: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Checking in ☺️

message 5: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Hey guys. Checking in. I will have my reviews up tomorrow.

message 6: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments I’m almost done with fangirl by rainbow Rowell and just realized I can’t use it anywhere 😩. Oh well.

message 7: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 710 comments Hello checking in first read already done

message 8: by Bayan (new)

Bayan Turshan (bayannturshan) | 127 comments Good job, I’m not as fast but I’m excited! :)

message 9: by Felicia (last edited Jan 02, 2018 04:23PM) (new)

Felicia I just realized the series I'm currently reading can't be used for any of the categories, as I am already on book 2 so technically this author and series isn't new to me.. -.- Bummer.

message 10: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 710 comments book 2 done

message 11: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) I have books done, like 8ish? but I didn't get a chance yesterday to write out the reviews so when I get home today I will - so that will be more points for us :D

message 12: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments I’m trying to get my reviews up. I’m gonna try tomorrow. I gotta go to work now 😩

message 13: by Bayan (new)

Bayan Turshan (bayannturshan) | 127 comments I'm trying to do buddy reads because i'm not a fast reader, want to earn as many points as possible for the ones i read :)

message 14: by Bayan (new)

Bayan Turshan (bayannturshan) | 127 comments Felicia wrote: "I just realized the series I'm currently reading can't be used for any of the categories, as I am already on book 2 so technically this author and series isn't new to me.. -.- Bummer."

We've got a whole month so I guess you can try and pick a new one after the one you're at right now :)

message 15: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Felicia wrote: "I just realized the series I'm currently reading can't be used for any of the categories, as I am already on book 2 so technically this author and series isn't new to me.. -.- Bummer."

I feel you... I'm reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell but it doesn't fit anywhere for this challenge but I just can't seem to put it aside and forget about it... I'm about 85% done wit it... I'm definitely liking it. At least it counts for my 2018 challenge lol...

message 16: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments finally had 2 posts up. reading The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken ... and I have a few lined up to start...

message 17: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Cinthia wrote: "Felicia wrote: "I just realized the series I'm currently reading can't be used for any of the categories, as I am already on book 2 so technically this author and series isn't new to me.. -.- Bumme..."

Yeah, it sucks. I guess I didn't even put into consideration that there is only like 6 categories for this challenge. Reading books isn't the issue for me. Since I've already read 3 books since the 1st and am 70% into a 4th book. It's fitting them into these categories. -.-

But I am going to read Night Circus within the next few days and that one will count because it's an author I've never read before.

message 18: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) yeah I have that problem too. because I've read like 12 books so far this month but not all of them counted for this challenge. I keep forgetting that there's only 6 categories to choose from. This weekend I should knock out a lot more for this challenge.

message 19: by Felicia (new)

Felicia I have Kindle Unlimited. So I mean I could find plenty of books that would fit. It's just I only like reading series. And once I start a series I continue with it. So it like takes time to get through it. Ya know? Because I don't jump around. Once I start a series I do one book after the other until I finish.

I feel so bad because I joined a serious team but am probably not going to contribute the amount that a serious team participant should. So I feel awful! Lol.

So ladies, I apologize in advance for my lack of help on the team. ):

message 20: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Felicia wrote: "I have Kindle Unlimited. So I mean I could find plenty of books that would fit. It's just I only like reading series. And once I start a series I continue with it. So it like takes time to get thro..."

haha it's all good and I have KU too but I like reading those books on my kindle or laptop (which I didn't bring at all today for some reason!!!) So I have my phone and couple of physical books to read today. Plus, I have no work today I just have to be here in the office for some odd reason. So I'm just going to read for 8 hours lol. Hopefully I get us a bunch of points today.

message 21: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Download the Kindle app on your phone chick! I don't have a Kindle. I use my iPhone to read. AND! I used to have an iPhone 5s. But I just switched to Sprint and now I have an 8 plus. And this battery is SO amazing! I could read all day and the battery doesn't die! Before with my 5s I'd have to charge it throughout the day to read. Now I don't have to! Which is so amazing for a book nerd like me! Lol. :D

message 22: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Felicia wrote: "Download the Kindle app on your phone chick! I don't have a Kindle. I use my iPhone to read. AND! I used to have an iPhone 5s. But I just switched to Sprint and now I have an 8 plus. And this batte..."

Oh I have it on there and audible but I don't want to always look at my phone and read. maybe I will after I finished the books I brought

message 23: by Felicia (new)

Felicia I've never owned an e-reader before. And I only downloaded the Kindle app on my phone since I tried KU for their 30 free trial. But I decided to keep it. And now I do most of my reading on my phone. I used to a strictly physical kinda reader. But that has since changed. However I still spend an obscene amount of money on books. Just this past weekend I spent $120 on books and book related things. Lol. I have a problem. -.-

I want to try audible. How is it? I don't know if I'd be able to concentrate if it was being read it me.

message 24: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Felicia wrote: "I've never owned an e-reader before. And I only downloaded the Kindle app on my phone since I tried KU for their 30 free trial. But I decided to keep it. And now I do most of my reading on my phone..."

haha I like it because I can just listen and do chores or work on my computer if I have a ton of stuff to do.

message 25: by Felicia (new)

Felicia There is a free trial for that too. The reason I haven't tried it is because if I decide I like it that's just one more book type of thing I'll spend money on monthly. Lol.

message 26: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Felicia wrote: "There is a free trial for that too. The reason I haven't tried it is because if I decide I like it that's just one more book type of thing I'll spend money on monthly. Lol."

yeah that's true.

message 27: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) hey guys! I posted like 6 reviews today and I have a ton of books with me today that I'm going to try to get through, which I think all but one will help us with the challenge.

So I plan on getting these books done this weekend:
What Light by Jay Asher , Light on Snow by Anita Shreve , Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1) by Meg Cabot , Dreadfully Ever After (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, #2) by Steve Hockensmith , The Belles (The Belles #1) by Dhonielle Clayton , The Last Girl on Earth by Alexandra Blogier , The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken , The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black , How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

maybe more - I have a ton of library books and two of these I just got from NetGalley :D

message 28: by Bayan (new)

Bayan Turshan (bayannturshan) | 127 comments I’m reading 4 books of 2 different series and I’m buddy reading all and they should all go well with this challenge! Sorry I’m not always on the reviews and all but I try to get good points out of each read :3

message 29: by Alaina (last edited Jan 06, 2018 10:57AM) (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Bayan wrote: "I’m reading 4 books of 2 different series and I’m buddy reading all and they should all go well with this challenge! Sorry I’m not always on the reviews and all but I try to get good points out of ..."

haha yeah same. I was just trying to catch up to the 8 that I said I would post - which I have no idea if I caught up or not... so yeah. I think one of the books I'm reading is a BR

message 30: by Bayan (new)

Bayan Turshan (bayannturshan) | 127 comments Oh good! We’re doing great actually! We’re second in order of serious teams by only 12 points different :3
Let’s get over them :)

message 31: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) I think it might be 20 points now because French Press has 108 points and I think when they update our score we might be at 88. That's if I calculated it right. But we can still catch up.

message 32: by Bayan (new)

Bayan Turshan (bayannturshan) | 127 comments We still have the whole month! :)

message 33: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments I should be done with 4 BRs this weekend. :)

message 34: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments I thought I was gonna be able to have my 4 current BR's done but I only got around to 2 of them... I'm almost done with the other 2 but it won't be today. I need sleep :)

message 35: by Cinthia (last edited Jan 07, 2018 09:58PM) (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Alaina wrote: "hey guys! I posted like 6 reviews today and I have a ton of books with me today that I'm going to try to get through, which I think all but one will help us with the challenge.

So I plan on getti..."

I'm still looking for someone to read The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken with, Let me know if you will be reading it so we can set up a BR for it and get the extra points... I just bought the other 2 for these series. I had already started reading the first one and I'm enjoying it so far.

message 36: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments We are catching up with the other group! yeay!

message 37: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Cinthia wrote: "Alaina wrote: "hey guys! I posted like 6 reviews today and I have a ton of books with me today that I'm going to try to get through, which I think all but one will help us with the challenge.

So ..."

I thought there was a BR already for it? I have no idea if that is actually true or not - but if it isn't, I'm totally down to read the series with you :D

message 38: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Yeay. When do u want me to ask for?

message 39: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Those percolated girls are flying through their Books.

message 40: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Cinthia wrote: "Yeay. When do u want me to ask for?"

Uh, I can start anytime this week! Sorry I was in meetings. I have a couple of books done that I just have to write reviews for - idk how many but I will upload them when I get home from work. Which I do get leave early today :D

message 41: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Alaina wrote: "Cinthia wrote: "Yeay. When do u want me to ask for?"

Uh, I can start anytime this week! Sorry I was in meetings. I have a couple of books done that I just have to write reviews for - idk how many ..."

nice... I am on a short vacation so I will try to read as much as I can too. I will ask for them to start it today then... yeah.. thanks..

message 42: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Cinthia wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Cinthia wrote: "Yeay. When do u want me to ask for?"

Uh, I can start anytime this week! Sorry I was in meetings. I have a couple of books done that I just have to write reviews for ..."

okay :D if you want to start the series after your vacation we can.

message 43: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments I asked for the thread to be started today... it's an at home vacation... I will get to read all I want... here is the thread... I hope thats ok.. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 44: by Bayan (new)

Bayan Turshan (bayannturshan) | 127 comments The book I was reading was killing me it was too slow and boring but I think it will be easier for me to read faster now and I’ll leave a few more reviews this week :)

message 45: by Bayan (new)

Bayan Turshan (bayannturshan) | 127 comments Also we are the highest score so far :3

message 46: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Bayan wrote: "Also we are the highest score so far :3"

oo thats fun :D
I just have to type up some buddy comments and then post a couple of reviews. I think I can get like 2-3 books for this challenge. But I have no idea. I'll try to have them all up within an hour? Hopefully before they update the scores!

message 47: by Bayan (new)

Bayan Turshan (bayannturshan) | 127 comments We are 14 points ahead! 😍😍

message 48: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Nice. Bummer I couldn’t use fangirl. But we still up ahead.

message 49: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments And that’s with only 4 of us posting reviews. Wait til Felicia starts! We will soar!

message 50: by Felicia (new)

Felicia I just got my first book read that actually fits a category. And I'm about 100 pages into another that will fit. Will probably finish that in a day or two.

Sorry I haven't really been active. The books I've been reading haven't fit any of the categories. ):

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.